Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we talk about Kuva siphons and TWW overall for a moment?

Doothers

Currently farming for kuva is very inconsistent and honestly it doesn't make me want to play, it just does the exact opposite. Who thought this was a great idea??? Unless changes come to the way farming for kuva works I don't think I'll be playing and with the cost for building the new weapons and the increasing cost for rerolling riven mods are not helping. If I knew I was going to end up wasting hours upon hours of trying to farm Kuva, I would have just done the quest and went back to doing what ever I was doing before the quest rolled on through. Currently it's not worth my time as I've only seen a siphon THREE times since the update. Sorry DE, the quest was amazing but the farming is just overall frustrating and boring and I don't think I'll be playing much other than to try to be part of the 10% of the community to get a new riven mod each month.

Facts. Let me give you some cons about this Kuva and Riven Mod business.

-You can't make any progress at all on your Riven Mods with this system so whatever time and effort you put in will be for naught.

-Rates for Riven Mods as sortie reward are still lower than all the others and consistently being overshadowed by 2k Endo.

-Players can reveil, the unveil mods and sell it back to other players.  

-Riven Mods are extremely limited and hard to get. Getting a good one for a top tier weapon is near impossible.

-Only those with a lot of platinum on an average of 400-3000P can get the best Riven Mods. This is a step in the pay to win direction.

-Kuva siphon spawns are rare, forcing heavy mission grind and spam with Kuva only appearing at an average of 4-10 runs in between

-Kuva cycle requirements increases each time forcing you to go back and grind more and requires too much each time forcing you to grind for Kuva twice as long as you did before if not even longer.

-Requirements to unlock the mod can be infuriatingly ridiculous! I WANT TO SEE YOU DO 5 HEADSHOT KILLS IN A SINGLE AIM GLIDE DE, NO DEV HACKS ALLOWED!

-Chances of getting a good roll is very low which forces you to go back and grind more, brutally punishes the player for all their effort to go grind more again.

-This system betrays player effort, dedication, and only seeks to punish the player with more grind with zero guarantee of any benefit at the end and just waste a lot of your time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for a problem for you forum goers to solve! ;D

EfkY9eU.jpg

Zaro has 645 Kuva and needs 5,800, Kuva only appears every 6 to 10 runs on average for Zaro, each run lasts 3-5 minutes when there's NO KUVA, every other run with Kuva takes up to an average of 7-9 minutes, on each run with Kuva, Zaro gets an average of 600 Kuva. How long will it take Zaro to reach his target goal?

After completing the cycle Zaro has to fulfill the requirement again to unlock it, depending on the requirement it can take up to 10 minutes to 24 hours depending on what it is. The 24Hr one would be Simaris. You finish all the scans for him and you can no longer scan for him so you have to wait the next day.

If Zaro fails his roll again the Kuva required will go up to 7,100. How long will it take Zaro then?

How long will it take Zaro to do both runs in total?

How many would of raged quit already if they were in Zaro's place?

Would DE rage quit if they had to do this? Explain why.

Look, we all hate on RNG, at first it's hard, then it floods when we last need it.

Just like Ayatans for example, I QQ'd at first that I couldn't find any, just a bunch of stars, now I sit on about 60 and think I have more than I'll ever need.

12 minutes ago, DeathHeart64 said:

Currently farming for kuva is very inconsistent and honestly it doesn't make me want to play, it just does the exact opposite. Who thought this was a great idea??? Unless changes come to the way farming for kuva works I don't think I'll be playing and with the cost for building the new weapons and the increasing cost for rerolling riven mods are not helping. If I knew I was going to end up wasting hours upon hours of trying to farm Kuva, I would have just done the quest and went back to doing what ever I was doing before the quest rolled on through. Currently it's not worth my time as I've only seen a siphon THREE times since the update. Sorry DE, the quest was amazing but the farming is just overall frustrating and boring and I don't think I'll be playing much other than to try to be part of the 10% of the community to get a new riven mod each month.

I tend to agree that Tying the resource which you need a lot of to a random chance to even appear is not quite great. Yes the Kuva harvesters are not that rare. But when you do 5 runs and it does not spawn it iss kinda frustrating. From about 30-ish runs I've had it appears that Kuva harvesters spawns about 20-25% of the times. Which is way to low.

At least reward the player with something for rerolling the same mod over and over again.

Like guarantee more lines of stat, guarantee that it will add positive stats, guarantee that it will increase chances of rolling a desired stat that you can never go wrong with.

I love how devs wasted so many months working on a quest, and people just logged in warframe, did the quest, and leave again to play something else.

When will they understand that content with no "repeatable ability" won't help the game... And i'm not talking about "repeatable quests"

(and a big yaaay for the new riven mods that bring even more powercreep and unbalance)

In 3 days I got enough to craft the orvius and the zarr (and soon the secondary) but yeah I was lucky as hell when I got 5 kuva siphon in 6 missions.

Okay so I did the math wrong and it was 7,300 Kuvas and not 7,100 Kuvas. o -o

They are trolling me hard with that useless Impact damage again for my Tonkor....

16bWwqP.jpg

kXCx6Uy.jpg

Back to farming again.

Hopefully this time it will give me something that's worth keeping. Otherwise I am going to feel REALLY BAD for the person who I am going to sell it to if it gives me some crummy stats! xD

qnzPgLh.jpg

So I estimate it will take another two hours of nonstop grinding before I reach enough Kuva to reroll this mod of mine once more.

Which means it will take a total of at least 6 hours in order to reroll this mod. If I fail again and the amount increases it will take practically 8 hours straight of grinding to be able to reroll again. Wish me luck on getting a good roll this time. = w=

If I don't you may never see me again lol.

I only have the riven mod from the quest to unveil it I had to do the 5 headshots in one aim glide...and I did it pretty easily actually xD. I went Zephyr with all the aim glide mods that I have and boom, done, first try. I got an amprex mod with +damage, +zoom, +something else, -status chance. 

About the kuva... they made and entirely new tileset...completely new, brand new, gorgeous, amazing, and where did they decided to put the kuva siphon thingys?????? anywhere else but there...like y u do dis DE?

I've read enough about the kuva grind that it discourages me to look further into riven mods or to re-roll the one that I have.Their rarity is another thing, there's no way I'm getting another. I love the idea of riven mods but the grind and RNG to get them it's just too much for a semi-casual player like me.

Oh! and the new weapons require kuva too? loooooool, I didn't want them anyway..

*start grinding kuva 'cause he actually wants the orvius*

On 11/15/2016 at 3:19 PM, Zarozian said:

-Requirements to unlock the mod can be infuriatingly ridiculous! I WANT TO SEE YOU DO 5 HEADSHOT KILLS IN A SINGLE AIM GLIDE DE, NO DEV HACKS ALLOWED!

LOL This is exactly my thoughts when I saw that challenge...(old school bow user so... yeah its kinda hard) made me laugh a while when I read it! 

When I saw all that was needed to just unlock it to then fill it up... to get random stats with a random weapon specific... I was like nah... its gonna kill my fun. Im a filthy casual and a picky one at that... I haven't even gotten to finish ANY RAID...to try to get arcane mods... I could not see myself getting into such a thing with out burning my self out...

I think its meant to be something to challenge the hardcore players, I really admire the players who get into this and are able to gear up to max in such a way... they deserve that extra boost... 

Im just ignoring it in the mean time focusing on other new stuff that came besides the mods... maybe at some point it will be reachable for players like me but for know: "What you cant do with Gear you make up for skill". That's my tenno theme... so Ill have to play a little harder than the players with max everything... and that's just fine by me. :satisfied: