The Panthera

Neonir

So I recently got this weapon, and for a long time (A long time largely because farming up the pieces of it's pieces, like jeeze this weapon took more gathering than a lot of frames) I had looked at it and appreciated the look, style and theme of the weapon, and the idea of shooting sawblades and having a buzzsaw on a gun was just delightful.

Upon actually getting this weapon however, I cant help but feel the abitrary removal of crit chance on it all but removes any and all late game applications with this weapon, not only that, but the actual firing of the gun feels unwieldy, everything from projectile speed, to its bouncing, to its damage just feels lacking, and while I ABSOLUTELY adore its secondary fire at low levels, it's primary fire feels like it doesn't even have a niche.

It's not good for spray and pray, it's not ideal for precision, it's not good hoard clearing, it's not good for single target elimination, it's not good for run and gun, it just seems to be lacking in every area and has no area it shines in.

I'll admit that it may be possible I'm building it entirely wrong, but after having built for both damage, pierce, attack rate and status chance, I haven't been able to find a way to enjoy this gun, which only really bothers me, because

I REALLY WANT TO ENJOY THIS GUN.

Purely from *what it is* I want to love this gun, I desperately want to find something to adore about using it, I want to find a way to justify keeping it and using it regularly, but unless I'm doing absurdly low level content, it just feels remarkably underwhelming.

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/76-weapons/

Something about saw weapons required no crit like miter. Likely because of it being physical object and powers like Mag bubble that would make it insane and turn it into a tornado of death. Just a guess.

There was also a hinted at syndicate mod that let either the miter or panthera pop nulifier bubbles but thats been months ago. And instead of intelligently designed mods, they just opted with RNG.

Edited by Firetempest

1 hour ago, Momo93 said:

I feel you bro, I got a riven mod for it which increases it's nonexistent crit chance by 115%.... Would be actually okayish if it could crit lmao.

Maybe reroll itndor raw damage, slash damage, and maybe status? Slash proca could help it.

if you don't want the mod, I'll take it :p

Edited by Snowbluff

36 minutes ago, Snowbluff said:

Maybe reroll itndor raw damage, slash damage, and maybe status? Slash proca could help it.

if you don't want the mod, I'll take it :p

I will keep it until I manage to trade it for something more interesting. Not worth rerolling in my eyes, Kuva is hard to come by after all. The Panthera is a fun weapon but it lacks in stats way too much, also the extended saw blade range is way too short and you can't improve it :/, the shooting part is completely useless xD. Not being able to crit locks it out of endgame too. We should have gotten a vastly superior version of the Miter (considering it also needs the Miter to build which is a pain to farm in itself) but instead we got something vastly inferior sadly.

2 hours ago, Momo93 said:

I will keep it until I manage to trade it for something more interesting. Not worth rerolling in my eyes, Kuva is hard to come by after all. The Panthera is a fun weapon but it lacks in stats way too much, also the extended saw blade range is way too short and you can't improve it :/, the shooting part is completely useless xD. Not being able to crit locks it out of endgame too. We should have gotten a vastly superior version of the Miter (considering it also needs the Miter to build which is a pain to farm in itself) but instead we got something vastly inferior sadly.

I can give you a buzlok mod for it :p

7 hours ago, Momo93 said:

I dont necessarily think it should be outright better than the miter simply due to the miter being a part of it, I think there should be a reason to use every weapon, and given the two, I should think the Panthera should have a much more reliable consistant fire, while the miter should be more "single shot cleave".