Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE, Maybe Riven Mods should provide conditional bonuses instead of flat bonuses?

EmptyDevil

What i mean is that it might be better to swap out flat-bonus boosts like this:

Flat Bonus                                                                                                                Conditional Bonus

latest?cb=20140831201445    dashed_triangle_headed_rightwards_arrow_u279F_icon_256x256.png         latest?cb=20160821173707

It would feel less power creepy and reduce the somewhat mandatory feeling of them, in my opinion.

So maybe try that out in testing? You have many ingenuitive effects on a few mods, i think it would be a good idea to expand on them:

ON HEADSHOT: +[Bonus] while aiming for 9 seconds.*

ON ABILITY CAST: +[Bonus/Drawback] while aiming for 9 seconds.

ON KILL: +[Bonus/Drawback] while aiming for 9 seconds.

ON HIT: +[Bonus/Drawback] while aiming for 9 seconds.

ON RELOAD: +[Bonus/Drawback] while aiming for 9 seconds.

*No potential drawback on landing a headshot since the other conditions are easier to perform.

Bonuses/Drawbacks could be things like IPS damage, elemental damage, accuracy, recoil, status, status duration, fire rate, critical chance, critical damage, punch through, projectile speed, and multishot. It just needs some kind of condition to be met, in order to active its powers.

For example, a single Riven could end up with rolls looking like:

ON HEADSHOT: +5 Punch Through while aiming for 9 seconds.

ON RELOAD: +90% Damage -50% Fire Rate while aiming for 9 seconds.

ON HIT: +50% Accuracy while aiming for 9 seconds.

In regards to Flat Bonuses and intentionally weaker weapons

"Perhaps certain weapons could have the flat damage boost. I mean weapons that are intended to be newer-player weapons"

I mean weapons like the Seer and things of that level of power, intended to be usable for newbies until reaching greater heights, could receive an exclusive flat bonus.

Those are some thoughts of mine on the matter.

Edited by EmptyDevil

I'd rather they didn't, because, if you look at DERebeccas dev post, they made riven modes to encourage people to use lesser seen weapons. Making these alterations would be a negative adjustment to the system, because then people will go back to the powerful weapons that are powerful one way or another, not just when clinging a a parrticular wall.

Plus, DERebecca says the next hotfix will put out an adjustment that will lower the benefits often used weapons will recive, and increase lesser used weapons so people won't have to wory about min maxing as much.

(Yes, the adjustment will be retroactive and affect ALL MODS BEFORE THE HOTFIX, and AFTER.)

Check her post

Just now, wolf96781 said:

I'd rather they didn't, because, if you look at DERebeccas dev post, they made riven modes to encourage people to use lesser seen weapons. Making these alterations would be a negative adjustment to the system, because then people will go back to the powerful weapons that are powerful one way or another, not just when clinging a a parrticular wall.

Plus, DERebecca says the next hotfix will put out an adjustment that will lower the benefits often used weapons will recive, and increase lesser used weapons so people won't have to wory about min maxing as much.

(Yes, the adjustment will be retroactive and affect ALL MODS BEFORE THE HOTFIX, and AFTER.)

Check her post

Already saw her post. I agreed with some of it, but Riven Mods still functionally act as band-aids to me. The weapons that are too powerful need to be nerfed, and those that aren't should be buffed to acceptable levels.

I would rather see something ingenuitive come of the Riven system instead of it being an RNG slot machine for flat power, that technically acts as a band-aid.

7 minutes ago, Clazzeh said:

I think I like them as they are for now, They give me a reason to use weps I would otherwise never touch. I just wish there was a way to "protect" stats you want to keep when re rolling.

Hmm, perhaps certain weapons could have the flat damage boost. I mean weapons that are intended to be newer-player weapons, but things like primes that are comparatively bad to a counterpart should be buffed. Things that aren't an upgraded variant and too OP need to fall inline with the weapons of its category.

-edit- 

Think i'll add some of this to the OP.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

kinda like this idea, would be nice to have more variety in the riven

Would give it a more unique feeling too.

6 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

I agree, but prevent impossible condition like "headshot" on Simulor or "reloadign" on Bows >.>

Agreed.

Edited by EmptyDevil

1 hour ago, wolf96781 said:

Check her post

It did. I'm making a napalm ogris with my 160% damage 90% electricity ogris mod. I'm having a blast.