[SPOILERS] Merging the Focus system with the Operator

TDefton

So as of right now the operator and the focus system feel separated. They feel like they don't really connect with each other post War Within. I think that Should be changed with a major update.

The operators right now, are pretty bad for combat. They die almost INSTANTLY and it is very annoying and basically impractical to use in any high-level mission. At all. You literally die with a single bullet.

I feel that there should be a leveling system with the tenno that is tied into focus. Instead of it being thousands of points that you must spend, maybe you receive a point for leveling up your focus and that can be used on the school you have equipped and are leveling at the time. Each school should stay the same in regards to what the learning is based on, but the tree should be modified to fit with the operator getting out for combat.

Also with each level, your tenno becomes stronger (ie. More armor, more heath, health regeneration, more energy capacity, more energy regeneration, etc.) which would allow players to have something constant to level and could possibly be something that could bring veteran players something to consistently do.

I don't believe points should be given with every level although. there should be breaks in between where instead of getting a focus point you get one of the buffs I described above.

I show how weak the tenno are in combat in this video and give some more personal thoughts (I begin giving suggestions at 8:50). I'll update this forum with more ideas as they come to me: 

Edited by Pckool12

I was just formulating a similar thought with a friend of mine.

He was talking about how it's aggravating that the 5th ability button is difficult to use. It's much more important to have the emergency Transference ability as tap, and the TWW Transference mode for hold.

I agree and disagreed with him. It IS aggravating, but I think we need only need 1 operator form, post TWW.

-Post Second Dream: Use the sloppy "jump out, spam all our focus powers at once" while on a short timer.
-Post The War Within: Let us walk out and control our powers in a more refined way. But give us access to a set of abilities correlated to our focus path.

The question I have about our TWW transference, is how vulnerable do we need to be? One possible solution.

-When we're in our Warframe, charge the Transference meter.

-When we're out of our frames as Tenno, drain the Transference meter.

-While we have this Transference power, we would be invulnerable and have unlimited juice to go invisible, dash, fire beams, plus cast whatever Focus path abilities we have unlocked.

-Once the Transference power is fully drained, instead of immediately going back to our Warframe, we become vulnerable and need to rely on a quick recharge bar for our abilities. Like we have now.

-This way you can still have the Tenno form be an emergency "oh S&@#" button, with a slight cool down.

-Post TWW: Change the Transference energy bar to only drain the amount you use. So you can use it quickly and efficiently to preserve it. But the more power you have charged, the more abilities you have access to. So you still have to wait for a full charge to get access to your passives, or whatever.

How does this sound?

Edited by Trentiel

3 hours ago, Trentiel said:

He was talking about how it's aggravating that the 5th ability button is difficult to use. It's much more important to have the emergency Transference ability as tap, and the TWW Transference mode for hold.

I agree and disagreed with him. It IS aggravating, but I think we need only need 1 operator form, post TWW.

-Post Second Dream: Use the sloppy "jump out, spam all our focus powers at once" while on a short timer.
-Post The War Within: Let us walk out and control our powers in a more refined way. But give us access to a set of abilities correlated to our focus path.

The question I have about our TWW transference, is how vulnerable do we need to be? One possible solution.

-While we have this Transference power, we would be invulnerable and have unlimited juice to go invisible, dash, fire beams, plus cast whatever Focus path abilities we have unlocked.

-Once the Transference power is fully drained, instead of immediately going back to our Warframe, we become vulnerable and need to rely on a quick recharge bar for our abilities. Like we have now.

-This way you can still have the Tenno form be an emergency "oh S&@#" button, with a slight cool down.

-Post TWW: Change the Transference energy bar to only drain the amount you use. So you can use it quickly and efficiently to preserve it. But the more power you have charged, the more abilities you have access to. So you still have to wait for a full charge to get access to your passives, or whatever.

How does this sound?

I actually really like this idea. Mind if I snag and quote it in my own topic to get it more attention?

edit: The idea get more attention, not the topic.

Edited by Cradicias

4 hours ago, Cradicias said:

Along a similar vein. Definitely needs integration.

Completely agree. They really did miss a golden opportunity. They could have made something great. I just hope they add that connection in with a major update!

3 hours ago, Trentiel said:

How does this sound?

This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about. I hope DE does something exactly like this!

4 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

I actually really like this idea. Mind if I snag and quote it in my own topic to get it more attention?

edit: The idea get more attention, not the topic.

Please, by all means. Bump it up. I think this idea can really work, and has balance.

I also want to see if anyone can poke holes in it.