Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault is a Lie, it always has been.

Operator_of_the_Lotus

Now before any one comes into this thread and says anything other wise, check yourself. do not be deluded by DE saying it is to stop drop tables from becoming "diluted" this is a bold faced and complete lie to its players. I have been playing the game since alpha, when the boltor was the best thing over the braton when trinity was farmed from Vor. and vey hek was using a shot gun...

Any ways, DE says the Prime vault is to stop drop tables from becoming to crowded, this is a lie. and now I see it for what it really is, a cash grab, a way for them to make even more money.

As of right now, they lock away primes in the vault, lie to us, then release the primed items in a 60 USD pack later on, the only way to get these items again. this is dishonest and a horrible business plan to lie to your players. especially the older players.

The way relics are now, have duplicates of items in their drop table, if DE REALLY truly, truly wanted to stop diluted drop tables they would remove these duplicates and make specific relics drop one set of items, this is the logical and truthful way of doing it. Or they could simply add another type of relic, there are four types right now,Lith,Meso,Axi and I forget the other one. each one of these has a prefix and a number attached to them, each has the ability to drop 1 of five prime parts. this is more than enough to drop every single one of the existing and past prime parts with out vaulting a single prime, and keeping the game fun for new and old players. 

Do not be fooled by them saying anything else, the prime drop tables are not diluted or at risk of becoming diluted as there is always more they can do to HONESTLY fix the problem, and NOT! let me make this perfectly clear, NOT lie to it's players.

Now I am 100% sure this post will get taken down by admins or moderators trying to hide this lie, so read it while you can. DE is slowly making that slip, that slip you can never recover from, where money takes over your love of making a fair fun game for people to enjoy while still making a profit. Do not fall DE, you are very very close to doing so with the new resources to be farmed in increasingly annoying ways. (nintain i'm looking at you)

1 minute ago, pauli133 said:

The purpose of the prime vault is to cause artificial scarcity, which is necessary to prevent deflation in the secondary (trade) market.

Actually, you are only partly right, it creates inflation in the trade market. and causes players to buy more platinum to pay for inflated prime pieces. so thank you for proving my point further and giving something to add. again this is Dishonest by DE as it causes more inflation and gets them even more money on top of more money.

The argument of "DE has to make money somehow" is a strawman. They already do make money. They've made enough money to be published on 3 consoles, they've been published in china. Every few months there's a prime access pack that thousands or more people buy, and they get thousands of microtransactions a day. They already make money. This is just for them to squeeze out more.

Not to mention the fact that a majority of their non-shareholding stocks have been bought by Sumpo Foods, who now funnel money to them for the creation of new content.

Edited by LevitatingNarwhal

You're right but not totally.
Sure, DE make profit by Vaulting items and it's a good method to make people dream and wanting these vaulting items to make more sales but it's also restrict the choice of prime item in a specific pool if you dont buy them from other players, and I think temporary exclusivities like this is the best way to keep players in a game like this.

And how people said before me in this topic, relic for farm theses primes still in inventory and allow you to use them later if you played a bit during the 2 years when there where aviable, because each prime stay around 2 years before going in the vault.

With the low bonus given by prime, I think you cant reproach that to DE, especially when they still obtainable for free.
Plus, with recent sydicate wepons and other high tier wepon, you can play without touching any prime items, and newers primes items are always better than older, so farming the actual prime gears still better.

Edited by lukinu_u

7 minutes ago, CmdrVixen said:

Actually, you are only partly right, it creates inflation in the trade market. and causes players to buy more platinum to pay for inflated prime pieces. so thank you for proving my point further and giving something to add. again this is Dishonest by DE as it causes more inflation and gets them even more money on top of more money.

which is the point of a buisness, derp.