Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

my pet peves with the war within (yes spoilers)

maddragonmaster

these 2 things are at the top of the pet peve list of the war within namely 2 of the rewards we get. the transference state form thing, and there is only riven mods. why isnt there anything for melee or secondaries? why doesn't the transference state have some branches on our focus trees to improve it? why does the transference state feel so incomplete it isn't freaking funny? lets see what do we get when we run around our teno's? lets see we have a laser beam, some short stealth/invincibility thing were the crouch was, a void dash that does little damage and flings mods arcoss the entire map, another knock back in replace of melee which only works on one enemy at a time, and all of those abilities require energy charged thing (which you cant tell how much charge you have unless you pay attention to the cross hair). now did i miss anything?

Edited by maddragonmaster

It's interesting this is brought up, because people are saying "it shouldn't be strong"" because the warframe are what gives teno power, but that is not true either for example Teshin is shown to have warframe like abilities inspite of not being in a war frame himself. meaning that there is some sort of power with out them, meaning also that the operator could get more powerful as time goes on if you really think about it.

20 minutes ago, Xolot said:

The answer? new beta features being tested

its  (the game) has been out long enough and they make enough money it shouldn't be classed as beta, in-fact most of the time they (DE) hardly call it beta themselves, anymore - unless things are going wrong and people use is as an excuse. 

its a living forever-developing game, it probably should have its own terms for that but 'beta' isn't one of them. 

Edited by morningstar999

i expect the tenos to be like flimsy mages, or glass cannon maybe. but instead we get a completely useless gimmick thats only use was to make the boss battle interesting and a rare side mission that only spawns in level 30+ grineer tilesets. the reason i am angry with the new ability is compared to what we have right now with weapons and frames that can clear the room in seconds, the new ability is completely useless. 

2 minutes ago, CmdrVixen said:

It's interesting this is brought up, because people are saying "it shouldn't be strong"" because the warframe are what gives teno power, but that is not true either for example Teshin is shown to have warframe like abilities inspite of not being in a war frame himself. meaning that there is some sort of power with out them, meaning also that the operator could get more powerful as time goes on if you really think about it.

even the mooks we rescue/defend etc, has more Armour, health and shields and they don't have Tenno powers so that's no real reason as to why we can't as well. 

3 minutes ago, CmdrVixen said:

Teshin didn't sleep in a cryopod, who knows what he does.

swordfight balloons

23 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

its  (the game) has been out long enough and they make enough money it shouldn't be classed as beta, in-fact most of the time they (DE) hardly call it beta themselves, anymore - unless things are going wrong and people use is as an excuse. 

its a living forever-developing game, it probably should have its own terms for that but 'beta' isn't one of them. 

I'm not talking about the game (although its also a beta), but that the system is a beta in itself, same as the focus system, and its quite obvious that the Tenno system is barebones too and needs a lot of work to be any usefull (I recognize that resetting Sentients and Stalker resis is quite useful, but the rest is quite lackluster)

2 hours ago, CmdrVixen said:

.they got it backwards the teno is what powers the frame. they are both the batteries and what controls the frame.  if i remember sometime after the orokin found the orphans and the orphans foster mother (dont know her real name) died saving the orphans of the incident the sentients came a knocking and when they realized that they are weak to void energy they go and set the orphans up with the warframes. not sure how the rest goes but i think i got the gist of it.

forgot to metion the orokin

25 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

.they got it backwards the teno is what powers the frame. they are both the batteries and what controls the frame.  if i remember sometime after the orphans foster mother died saving the orphans of the incident the sentients came a knocking and when they realized that they are weak to void energy they go and set the orphans up with the warframes. not sure how the rest goes but i think i got the gist of it.

Uh, no, the Warframes were built by the Orokin

1 hour ago, Xolot said:

I'm not talking about the game (although its also a beta), but that the system is a beta in itself, same as the focus system, and its quite obvious that the Tenno system is barebones too and needs a lot of work to be any usefull (I recognize that resetting Sentients and Stalker resis is quite useful, but the rest is quite lackluster)

7 months delay and all we get is a 'barebones' unfinished mechanic. the focus system (which has been out about 11months and not really touched 'still in beta') has more use than this new system. 

Edited by morningstar999

1 minute ago, morningstar999 said:

7 months delay and all we get is a 'barebones' unfinished mechanic. the focus system (which has been about 11months and not really touched though still in beta) has more use than this new system. 

well, i won't defend the barebone system, but at least it can reset the resist of both sentients and stalker, so thats a plus, it can save tedious 1 vs 1 were the stalker is about to die and you keep hitting him with 10 per bullet with all your weapons (Like happened to myself)

1 hour ago, UrielColtan said:

Uh, no, the Warframes were built by the Orokin

i knew about the orokin makeing the frames i was just saying the frames were made for them teno (orphans). i didnt want to get into full detail about the warframes creators. ok i edited it so it metions orokin so is that better?

10 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

i knew about the orokin makeing the frames i was just saying the frames were made for them teno (orphans). i didnt want to get into full detail about the warframes creators.

Sorry, I just read your post wrong.

Edited by UrielColtan

I feel like if the abilities were more refined and had more offensive capabilities, or maybe even something based off of our schools, the operators could be a cool mechanic.. as it is now, its "take out the operator to melt the face off of sentients or kuvas, then put them away before they get 1-shot by a grineer's fart cloud. then get pissed bedacuse they zeroed-out your energy bar.