Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr

JohnCarraway

Question

Hello all Tenno.

I have a question.

I started to play more with Valkyrie because the prime seams to drop and I want to get used to.

I have read it's a good frame for melle.

But that's not the most important question.

While Valkyr have a ton of armor she has no shield.

So from here comes my question. On build should I put any shield mod,or to get more armor?

And does anyone know a good build that will rock on high levels ,using galatine p.

13 answers to this question

Shields are useless on Valkyr so go with armour. ( and a Rage mod)
Valkyr Prime doesn't drop in the game by the way, you were able to view the model/items with TWW update, it's been patched out now though.

I personally go for a full none Hysteria melee build with Valkyr
though try out which you'd like the most yourself first.

Edited by Ahcruna

Given that she has almost no shields you should definitely go for armor. A build for duration, armor and health might be the best mix. Eternal war also helps with that because Warcry is her main tool for survival if you're not in Hysteria.

It's a good rule of thumb to invest in a frame strength's, specially when they compensate for their weaknesses. The only case I can think of where using mods to compensate for low values not being a bad idea is sprint speed. And even that is personal.

With that in mind, I advise you to focus on Armor, specially since armor it's objectively better than shielding the higher the enemy level is.

As for Galantine Prime builds, I advise you (Primed) Pressure Point, Blood Rush, Body Count, Berserker/Primed Fury, Life Strike, Virulent Scourge, Voltaic Strike, and either Point Strike or Primed Reach, depending if you prefer Crit damage or range.

Hope this helps.

Edited by tnccs215

8 hours ago, Ahcruna said:

Valkyr Prime doesn't drop in the game by the way, you were able to view the model/items with TWW update, it's been patched out now though.

it has not been patched out yet, you can still see everything

@(PS4)DesecratedFlame build is very good, but don't panic if you don't have some mods. Steel Fiber and Vitality are mandatory. Just get used to enemies tear through your shields so you will be constantly getting health damage. Now the point in Valk is that health drop much much slower than shield so you are still safe. Just every so often trigger hysteria and fill up your health.

Rage and (Primed) Flow is a must if you use Blind Rage or you won't have enough energy to heal and use War Cry, otherwise just good to have. Eternal War is essential if you do mainly melee (but that's the point in Valk).

The only think I'm not sure is Rush as Valk is a very fast frame already.