The Rate of Spawning Kuva Siphons...is too damn low!

Takaani

I've run about 21 instances of Rusalka, maybe 6 of the Kuva Fortress Capture, and 5 exterminate runs on Adaro. No siphons. This is not okay. At least bump up the spawn rate on the freaking FORTRESS; make there be a reason why we'd run those missions! A 50% chance of a Kuva Siphon spawn on a Fortress mission. PLEASE, DE. This is ridiculous. No other resource has this level of RNG involved with it.

19 minutes ago, Takaani said:

No other resource has this level of RNG involved with it.

Nitain?

At least there you're confirmed 4 a day but I have proportionally more Kuva (around 60,000 now) than I have Nitain (35 left).

The reason you'd run those missions... Hmm.. Well, they do have more varied enemies, and the tileset itself is a challenge.

Not to mention its Defense tile is by FAR the best one in this entire game to date.

13 minutes ago, ChargeBeam said:

The reason you'd run those missions... Hmm.. Well, they do have more varied enemies, and the tileset itself is a challenge.

Not to mention its Defense tile is by FAR the best one in this entire game to date.

Neither of those are reasons MOST people run missions.

I see them fairly often, like 1/6.

At any rate it's up to DE to decide if the gain ratio is enough or not. I can tell you that people spam farming it prolly isn't going to help the numbers they see.

It's not really RNG anyways. It's just a grind.

If I get 1/6 spawns and each give 600 or you get 100% spawns and each give 100. What's the difference? Eliminating the random spawn doesn't change your gains if they don't want it to.  I would rather they increase the amount given before increasing the spawns either way.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

If I get 1/6 spawns and each give 600 or you get 100% spawns and each give 100. What's the difference? Eliminating the random spawn doesn't change your gains if they don't want it to.  I would rather they increase the amount given before increasing the spawns either way.

I think there's a great difference between 600*0.167 and 100 : player frustration. If we had a reliable way to farm kuva, even with less amounts gained per hour, a good number of players would prefer that to farming and rushing a capture missions over and over.

More importantly, it seems there aren't any siphons spawning in the kuva fortress.

If we take these two facts into consideration, I think there should be a cool, reliable way to get kuva in the kuva fortress, without the siphon mechanism, but involving the new enemies. It would be an optional objective, with special rooms similar to parkour rooms in the void (in the sense that you would have to search for them).

5 hours ago, Lluid said:

I think there's a great difference between 600*0.167 and 100 : player frustration. If we had a reliable way to farm kuva, even with less amounts gained per hour, a good number of players would prefer that to farming and rushing a capture missions over and over.

More importantly, it seems there aren't any siphons spawning in the kuva fortress.

If we take these two facts into consideration, I think there should be a cool, reliable way to get kuva in the kuva fortress, without the siphon mechanism, but involving the new enemies. It would be an optional objective, with special rooms similar to parkour rooms in the void (in the sense that you would have to search for them).

There should be less spam ridden options for sure.

I stopped doing Fissures for the same reason and now that endless missions are back I enjoy them again. esp the scaling rewards. Having Kuva as endless rewards like Cryo on the Kuva Fortress seems ideal. Cache rewards as well. Though I'm not entirely sure if those are not already in the game. I haven't played those mission enough to know. Special secret rooms is another great one.

I'm  mostly attempting to quell this overuse of the RNG term.

To complete what I said above, the siphon spawn rate is higher than 50% of missions in my case.
 I have tried doing survival rushes on Sedna, but I don't enjoy it. Now I prefer slow sabotage missions, solo, at least I have caches to look after.

I would really like to know if the pace of our progression affects spawn chances.

9 hours ago, Lluid said:

This Tenno has it right.

so far i am ~2 in 50 missions i get a siphon so far. Kinda hot garbage. They need to be a 100% in certain missions or in kuva fortress tiles. and maybe add alerts that have multiple spawning in one mission or somthing.. SOMETHING better then 2 or less an hour.

I'm thinking that if you happen to get a non TWW player in your squad from matchmaking, the Kuva siphon will never spawn, for obvious reasons.  When I ran many missions in a row with the same group repeatedly, the odds were much, much better; something like 40-70%.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

ok so my rate is about 1 siphon an hour/ 4 in about 70-80 runs. was doing the runs with friends that have been getting them spawning 3 out of 4 missions. I join and immediately they get to the shart rate. 

Here is the kicker: i just got off wahfarm and they IMMEDIATELY went back to getting the siphons 70% of the time. The second i left. What is with the RNG? i know chance is chance, i played gw2 and am ~80% into 100%ing binding of isaac afterbirth; but THIS just looks bad.

they are pinging my steam every couple minutes saying "got another". 3 in a row as of this second.

Edited by OvAeons