The Rate of Spawning Kuva Siphons...is too damn low!

Takaani

Is there, by any chance, a relation between TWW choices and the siphon spawn rate ?

It seems very unlikely, but who knows, there must be a reason for such differences, not just randomness. As a neutral "karma" guy I have a good spawn rate.

That moment when farming primes is more engaging and fun than farming kuva. Two possibilities, my account is bugged yet again, and siphons will not spawn for me, or the spawn rate is absolute sh*t. I've run rusalka more than 15 times and nothing, and yes, i finished bug within. Props...

On 16/11/2016 at 10:16 AM, Xzorn said:

If I get 1/6 spawns and each give 600 or you get 100% spawns and each give 100. What's the difference? Eliminating the random spawn doesn't change your gains if they don't want it to.  I would rather they increase the amount given before increasing the spawns either way.

What changes is that with the first there's always some unlucky bastard who finds one every 35 missions and someone else who gets it to spawn 15 times consecutively while with the latter everyone gains it at the same rate, also i'd feel less like i'm wasting time when it doesn't spawn.  

5 hours ago, bl4ckhunter said:

What changes is that with the first there's always some unlucky bastard who finds one every 35 missions and someone else who gets it to spawn 15 times consecutively while with the latter everyone gains it at the same rate, also i'd feel less like i'm wasting time when it doesn't spawn.  

But you don't need one, you need many. So it'll end up an average no matter what.

6 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

But you don't need one, you need many. So it'll end up an average no matter what.

yeah but think about it this way, if i eat two chickens and you eat none in average we ate one each but you're still hungry at the end, the problem with rng and averages in general is that there's always someone getting screwed up at the end of the curve, we don't need that for resource gatering imo.

34 minutes ago, bl4ckhunter said:

yeah but think about it this way, if i eat two chickens and you eat none in average we ate one each but you're still hungry at the end, the problem with rng and averages in general is that there's always someone getting screwed up at the end of the curve, we don't need that for resource gatering imo.

Well it doesn't matter anyways because they're changing it.

Also that analogy doesn't work because you're only using one result.

RNG is actually the opposite. At the beginning someone can get screwed and someone can also get lucky but eventually everyone is the same.

It is completely random. I've gone 10 missions in a row with nothing, then gotten 3 in a row. It's incredibly unlucky if you don't see one in quite a few missions, but since it's appearance isn't contingent on previous missions (and whether you got one or not before), it does leave much to be desired when trying to farm enough for the weapons and other stuff. Those that have farmed frequently will inevitably have more stockpiled by now, but that leaves the casual gamer at the other end of the spectrum. I've created the primary and secondary weapons and don't have enough for the Orvius yet.

So far, this is the first resource that is truly random to obtain. Nitain, another rare resource, is guaranteed 4 times a day from alerts, Oxium from Corpus drones (so, COrpus maps of a certain level can yield farming opportunities), Argon Crystals can be farmed in endless Void missions. Everything else comes from specific planets and can be obtained in caches of those resources found in missions or dropped by enemies.

Does not help this while some siphons are glitchy when they are found. Clouds and enemies do not spawn, it hangs and does nothing. 20 or so missions extermination Adaro from Sedna, only 3 siphons found and 2 of them unplayable (no reward).
What causes this to happen? Extermination mission type?

I am happy this resource and siphons are not tied to time-sensitive events like this, but spawn rate is very low and glitching rate seems very high also.

12 hours ago, Zookes said:

Does not help this while some siphons are glitchy when they are found. Clouds and enemies do not spawn, it hangs and does nothing. 20 or so missions extermination Adaro from Sedna, only 3 siphons found and 2 of them unplayable (no reward).
What causes this to happen? Extermination mission type?

I am happy this resource and siphons are not tied to time-sensitive events like this, but spawn rate is very low and glitching rate seems very high also.

If a siphon stops working, start using warframe powers next to it to kick-start it.