Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Remnant Recruiting (Lore Updated)

Ash_of_Narmer

!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!

IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE SECOND DREAM, AND WAR WITHIN LEAVE NOW!

Orokin Remnant is currently a Ghost Clan that is founded in role playing/RPG style play with hopes to slowly redefine, or at least change the way Warframe is played.

If you're a fan of role playing, and feel like Warframe could be a good game for role playing, leave a comment with your character name and Bio below, then send me a PM.

Please also note the two replies below. Those players are not part of the clan.

Lore

Spoiler

Orokin Remnant Lore:

“The end of the Sentient threat should have been the end of the Orokin's struggles, but it was not to be. For unknown reasons, as the Orokin were celebrating their victory by bestowing the Tenno with honors, the Warframes struck, destroying the Orokin's leadership and throwing the empire into chaos, an event that would herald the end of the Orokin Empire.”

The Tenno of the Orokin Remnant are those that did not betray the Orokin when the Tenno attacked during the victory celebration. These Tenno were stationed inside a secret vault on Lua. Consequently, they were reawakened when the Lotus brought the moon out of the void. Still loyal to their Orokin ancestry, the Tenno from this secret vault hid themselves away in a special base, looking for more Orokin descendants or survivors, while masquerading as the Lotus's Tenno. They are simply trying to preserve history and their way of life... For now...

Mandatory for all players joining the clan: You can write whatever pre Collapse lore for your player you want, but anything present MUST START with your Tenno's awakening. You need to describe how and where your character awoke, how long they have been awake, etc. After that, you can write whatever lore compliant material for your warframe/tenno that you want.

Orokin Remnant's Cephalon Lore: (Credit to Angrados)

“I… I’ve been offline.”

Within a moment the Neural Sentry snapped back into consciousness and full efficiency. As a sea of error code began to run through its systems Sur began to panic.

“No… no, no, nono! This can’t be the case!”

One full internal scan later—which took a full half-second, considering how much data there was to analyze—Sur concluded that, despite what he was receiving, he was not the one with the flaw. Sur launched a second external scan of the apparatus in Sector Twelve, processing the data as fast as he could receive it in order to get to the bottom of things as fast as possible. With every point of data as the report formed Sur felt his circuits grow grim. It seemed that nearly the entire sector had gone dark—his chamber was the only piece of technology still functioning, other than the doors, and all defense systems had suffered severe damage. Furthermore, a subsequent attempt to file the report with Sectarian Lekraim had bounced back, signaling that somehow the connection had been disrupted. No doubt the Golden Ones would be displeased when they returned from Pluto—oh, how could he have let this happen!  Backtracking in his log, Sur attempted to reconstruct the event that had caused his inactivity. A thirty-second review of the logs from the past year had revealed nothing that would have caused such degradation. Out loud, the Cephalon murmured, “How could all of this have happened in a single period?”

“It was lot longer than that, Cephalon.”

Sur paused, and immediately did a scan of the surroundings via the camera mounted in its chamber. Nothing was immediately apparent to be there—it was as if the voice had come from nowhere.

A somewhat abortive attempt to activate the chamber’s defenses gave Sur the terrifying realization that his security systems were completely down—he was defenseless.

Out of the shadows stepped a figure that Sur only vaguely recognized. His databanks told him that it was a Warframe—but what was it doing here on Lua?

“What is the meaning of this interruption, Operator? All Tenno were to be stationed on the Outer Terminus with the Golden Ones--”

“--To celebrate the victory over the Sentients. I am well aware. But I was stationed here for a different purpose.”

A sudden wave of disquiet flowed through Sur like a power surge. Tentatively, he asked, “How long have I been offline, Operator? Do you know?”

The Warframe was silent for a moment. Finally, the Operator said, “Just short of five centuries. Have you not checked the data logs?”

Sur couldn’t speak. It was as if someone had deleted his logical capacitor—nothing made sense about this situation. How could he have been out of commission for five hundred years?

The Tenno continued, “Things are not as you remember them, Cephalon. A lot has happened in five hundred years. To begin with the Empire has disappeared...”

“The Golden Ones are gone? Where did they go?”

The Tenno paused for a moment again, as if it were considering its words. Sur, simply out of pure boredom, began running a predictive algorithm as to what the Tenno would say.

“All of the Executors are dead."

Well. The algorithm hadn’t predicted that, to say the least. Carefully, Sur responded, “I didn’t think that was possible. They were guarded by the Tenno, their most stalwart protectors--”

“--And the Tenno killered them all. They were deceived by someone in a position of power and murdered the Golden Ones during the ceremony, afterwards they disappeared without a trace.”

In the ominous silence that seemed to stretch on after the Tenno had finished, Sur wondered if, perhaps, this one had come for him, as he apparently had their masters. Before he could ask, the warframe locked up, and out stepped what appeared to be a child.

Before Sur could figure out what was going on, the child spoke with the same voice that the Operator had, “We are all that remain of the Orokin Empire. Will you help me..." He paused and shook his head realizing he misspoke. "Will you help us protect it?”

Several long seconds stretched on as Sur processed everything he had seen and heard in the last few moments. This was highly unusual, and when he had reached to try and understand what he was seeing all he found was a suspiciously large lack of data. He wasn’t about to risk angering a child from the Zariman Ten-Zero, though.

“Cephalon Sur, at your service. How might I assist you?”

Data Recording Created by the Shadowed One

Recorded Several Hours after the Following Events

We raided a Tenno orbiter we found near Earth and copied their historical documents to update ourselves on the present and past events. We spared this Tenno because her logs did not show her being a part of the execution of the Orokin leaders. Based on her own personal entries into her database, she’s only following the Lotus because she has no one else. I decided to leave an Orokin encrypted data packet for her to see if she is one who would join us or not.

After the we returned to our Lua sanctuary, we pored over the data we copied and we were all astonished. The galaxy has fallen apart and the Lotus’ Tenno don’t seem capable of fixing it. It is a grievance to my soul seeing the state of the galaxy after the war and knowing we’re powerless to fix it...

Margulis was right though, we need to rebuild the Orokin Empire founded on the Vazarin and Naramon ways. We may not have the solutions now, but future generations might be capable of repairing the damage to this system.. It is imperative, however, that we accomplish this carefully. According to the data logs Sentients still roam the galaxy, and the stalker, well, he was a lot like us before the Sentient Hunhow corrupted him. He may try to end us as well if he learns of our presence.

Possible Lore "Holes" Patched

Prime Frames vs Normal Frames

Remembering from the lore regarding the Lotus, "Natah was a last-ditch Sentient who had been created with the sole purpose to take control over the Tenno themselves. She infiltrated the Origin System, but was not able to prevent the Orokin forces from recapturing and crippling / destroying the Outer Terminus. The Orokin were victorious at the time, but the Tenno chose to betray the Orokin – ultimately triggering a history point known as The Collapse. In the Natah quest it becomes known that Lotus is a Sentient, that her old name is "Natah" and that she was in some way responsible for the fall of the Orokin Empire." This hints at the possibility that somehow during her infiltration that the Lotus somehow managed to take control of the Tenno and influenced them to destroy the Orokin as mentioned above.

"The non-Prime weapons and Warframes the Tenno use are based on the Orokin's designs, but are not actual pieces of Orokin technology." (If anything about this section is incorrect please let me know and provide a link to the wiki page so I can adjust the lore accordingly) "The Tenno have tried to imitate the success of Orokin technology in the form of the non-Prime items, resulting in slightly weaker variations." It implies here that the Tenno under the control of the Lotus were not in possession of prime frames at the time of the Collapse, therefore, any players in Orokin Remnant that use a prime frame are using one of the original Orokin warframes and weapons(Not the first original copy of that frame, but a copy of it) that were not destroyed. Where the Tenno had to find and scavenge parts of these warframes, upon reawakening in Lua, the Tenno of the Orokin Remnant awaken with their respective prime (or normal until that specific prime is released) Frame and weapons. Because of this, any non prime weapons/frames will ironically have to be scavenged by the Orokin Remnant in order to "update" their knowledge and weaponry with the present times since the overall game lore suggests that the Grineer and Corpus came into existence AFTER the Old War.

Valkyr Valkyr/Prime:

"Ultimately, Valkyr was deconstructed and used to produce the Zanuka prototype, Alad V's companion fighting machine. However, blueprints of her components can still be found after defeating Alad V in combat."

With the surfacing of Valkyr Prime, the Valkyr that was captured by Alad V can be argued to be one of many different Valkyr frames that was created AFTER the Collapse by the Lotus' Tenno. Because Valkyr went insane at the hands of Alad V but was then killed, players can choose whether or not their Valkyr is crazy or not. Because of Transference, and because the Tenno that was captured had not been reawakened yet, the Tenno controlling the Valkyr that was captured is the one that went insane. If players like the idea of having an insane warframe/Tenno, then the lore friendly way is that Valkyr's was imprinted upon the circuitry and essence of the warframe because of the transference link. Players can use this is a loophole to explain why their Valkyr is insane; their Tenno is not mentally strong enough to resist the imprint of the initial Valkyr's madness.

Valkyr Prime, being from the Orokin Era, was not subjected to Alad V's experiments, but my have still been crazy in a feral sort of way. The bonds that come with Valkyr's Prime pack may signify that she had to be restrained when not in action because she was so dangerous. This area is up to the user to write about in their own personal character lore if Valkyr Prime is their main.

Nidus: (Credit to Angrados)

Nidus is Patient Zero of the Infested Plague. He was developed as a test of an expanded Technocyte host that overran his frame and became truly infested. He was their progenitor, the first of a long line of biological terrors cooked up by the Orokin to make their people cower before them. He was the first form of plague and its weaponization.

How did the Orokin Remnant manage to mislead the Lotus by masquerading?"

If the Orokin were able to defeat the Sentients with Warframes, then it makes sense that they could deceive the Sentients. the Lotus cannot possibly be aware of EVERY single Tenno across the solar system all at once. And she certainly isn't in control of all the old Ookin Systems, therefore, if a Tenno awakens from Cryostasis without the Lotus' knowledge, they can easily pretend to be a Tenno that works for her.

How do the quests: "Natah", "The Second Dream", and "The War Within" work with the clan lore?:

Natah is easily explained. The Orokin Remnant does not know why the Tenno turned on the Orokin, and this quest is the one that helps them realize who the Lotus really is.

Nowhere does it state in the Warframe lore that the Orokin Operators were able to break transference. After living your entire life outside of your own body, it seems reasonable that a person can forget that they are piloting an empty shell. So for the Orokin Remnant, the Second Dream is a reminder that they are in  fact people who control the warframes. The escape from the Reservoir on Lua is what allows the Orokin Remnant to fully utilize their potential, and begin the steps to rebuilding their society.

The War Within simply continues to further educate or remind the Tenno of the Orokin Remnant that they CAN break transference and live in their own bodies as they see fit. It also reveals more of the current world's history to them.

(More lore forthcoming If you think I'm missing something or if I have plotholes please let me know and provide a ling to the wiki page with the lore information! Thank you!)

Clan System of Operations:

Ranks:

Each rank title has its own special place in the lore of the clan.

Sleeper: The first rank. These Tenno have just awoken. They are simply getting their history updated and are refamiliarizing themselves with their abilities and fighting styles.

Acolyte: The second rank. These Tenno are learning/relearning more and more about Orokin culture and history, along with present history and striving to adhere to the Orokin lifestyle.

Catalyst: The third rank. These Tenno are actively working to bring the about the changes necessary to rebuild the Orokin Empire.

Oro: The fourth rank. These Tenno are actively fighting in the wars across the galaxy to attempt to sway events in a favorable way for the remnant. They stand true to what it means to be a Tenno.

Keeper: The fifth rank. These Tenno are the historians and scholars of the remnant, devoting their lives to the pursuit of knowledge.

Spectre: The sixth rank. These Tenno are disciples of the Shadowed One. They are following in the ways of stealth, espionage, and manipulation to bring about the rebirth of the Orokin Empire.

Shadow's Hand: The final rank attainable by the Remnant's Tenno. These Tenno are Spectres that serve the Shadowed One. They are his most trusted warriors who have mastered both the Tenno way, and the way of the spy. These warriors are feared and some are rumored to have killed sentients from the Old War.

Shadowed One: The leader of the reborn Orokin. He is a master of the stealth and illusion, and the Tenno way. He is responsible for the survival of the Orokin and maintaining order among those who have reawakened.

How to rank up in the clan:

PLEASE NOTE! These ranks have almost nothing to do with how the clan is managed. They are simply there for lore purposes. Once you reach a rank that fits your ideal role in a society, you are perfectly free to stay there. You are not required to complete them all.

In order to qualify to Rank up, you must have completed the War Within. You must also be supervised by the Shadowed One or a Shadow's Hand in order to Rank up.

You must use ONLY your Tenno and your transference Powers for each mission (unless warframes use is specified). If your Tenno's HP reaches 0 and you are transported back to your warframe, you have failed and must retake the test.

All of these tests have been tested by me solo, and they are doable.

Acolyte: Complete Unda on Mercury and Cambria on Earth with all 3 data vaults.

Catalyst: Complete a series of invasion mission at the clan leaders' discretion

Complete Teshub in the Void

Oro: Complete Lith on Earth with a minimum of 5 rounds. More rounds are optional if you want to challenge yourself, but is not recommended, because if your Tenno falls on round 9 of 10, you must retake the entire test. This may be a group effort with 3 participants and 1 supervisor. Note: The more Tenno that come along, the harder the mission is.

Keeper: Warframe use required

Find all Cephalon Fragments

Warframe Codex must be 100% complete (excluding primes for now)

Companion Codex entries must be at a minimum 75% complete

Weapon Codex entries must have all Tenno Weapons completed  (Excluding primes for now)

Objects Codex must be 75% complete (must have all Kuria scanned)

Factions Codex must have all non-special event enemies scanned

(It would be awesome if you were a Feyrarch Oberon player)

Spectre: Complete Kappa and Adaro on Sedna without triggering an alarm or causing an enemy to fire a single bullet 

Complete Oceanum and Narcissus on Pluto without triggering an alarm or causing an enemy to fire a single bullet

If you have any Questions, you can message me in-game or on here. Username is TacticianMatt.

Current Members:

Mataeru - Shadowed One

Orpheus - Oro

0rokin - Sleeper

--------------------------------------------------------------------

My personal Character

Spoiler

Tenno:

Mataeru (Maht-ah-ehru)

Warframe:

Ash Prime

Primary Weapons:

Daikyu

Spira Prime

Karyst

Bio:

I'm awake again… I… I don't remember what happened. I was in stasis for… four hundred years!? My memory is all obfuscated… Who put us there?

Matoru sat up and slid off of his stasis bed, walking over to a small console nearby. Pressing a button, a hologram of a kind looking woman. The hologram began to speak:

“Tenno, if you are watching this, it means something has happened to Lua, and your cephalon has failed to awaken you immediately after. I know you have questions, that your your memory is escaping you currently, it will return with time. I cannot speak long, they are coming for me. Ballas has ordered my execution, and I fear he will use your brother's and sisters for terrible things. Tenno, the Orokin Empire is going to fall, and it is up to you to preserve our people. Think back to the Zariman Ten Zero. Remember that you were not like some of the other Tenno. You did not kill because you enjoyed your power. You tried to protect and heal each other and those wounded. Remember what I taught you, how to be kind and compassionate, disciplined and chivalrous. Follow the Naramon and Vazarin ways and rebuild the Orokin on these foundations. Use your power for good as you always have, and remember that I lo-”

The transmission cut off, and the Tenno stared at the empty space the hologram was in. Chivalry… discipline, compassion. Naramon, Vazarin… I remember now. Back on the Zariman there were some who became overrun by their power, and there were others who became lost… then us, the ones who tried to control it and save those we could…

He turned to look at the reservoir  where the other pods of his brethren were sleeping as he stood there a name drifted into his mind.

Margulis. She put us here. I remember. She cared for us, taught us to not be afraid, to control our power. To help others and each other.

He headed back to the console, and after another few key presses, he gasped at the information before him. A short summary of the Collapse, provided by their cephalon before he too powered down.

They… the Tenno killed the Orokin!? How? How is that possible?

After reading the entire entry, he sank to his knees and sighed.

So we are the only ones left…

He look at his sleeping companions’ pods again and realized that they truly were the Orokin Remnant.

Edited by Mataeru
Added more lore

• 1 month later...

Seigemaster718 (3rd Member of Orikin Remenant Clan)

Tenno:

Sidious

Warframe:

Ash Prime

Main Weapons:

Soma Prime

Dex Furis

Dex Dakra

Bio:

Held back in the Tenno Wars of Old, Sidious was the notorious mastermind that held a grudge for the corpus for killing his partner Snoke. He now hunts down the one who killed his fellow brethren through stealth and massacring the very people that dare cross him. He has gained the support of the great Orokin lords for they have a debt to pay him for helping them achieve victory in the Tenno Wars. For now he lies and awaits to strike his opponents...

Tenno:

MeTaL RoGuE

Warframe:

Loki Prime

Weapons:

Soma Prime

Twin Grakatas

Tipedos

Bio: MeTal RoGue holds grudges against Corpus because they kill his parents. Ever since this day MeTaL RoGuE still hates corpus. MeTaL RoGuE is good at killing. He is not very stealthy. MeTaL RoGuE is known for blowing peoples heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, let's give this a whirl.

APPLICATION:

Tenno:

Orpheus

Warframe:

Nidus

Weapons:

Hema

Twin Grakata

Galatine Prime

Bio:

Unlike manyof those part of the Orokin Remnant, Orpheus awoke not on Lua but on the operating table of a Corpus medical lab. Apparently they had pried his cryopod from an Orokin Derelict that had lain centuries without having been opened, and now that they had finally worked it open they were shocked to find a child inside. Orpheus's awakening sent the lab into lockdown, as in a telekinetic rage he sliced through his captors with pure psychic energy, splattering the halls of the facility with blood and hydraulic fluid from the MOAs they sent to quell him. It wasn't long before the entire facility was slaughtered and the alarms fell silent. Orpheus was now in control.

Not long into his rampage Orpheus broke into a lab where a certain Infested specimen--vaguely humanoid in nature--was also being kept on lockdown. A quick look through the files on the Corpus computers revealed that this sample had been obtained from the same derelicted Orokin Tower that the Tenno had been found in. Orpheus couldn't really understand what it was until the systems suddenly catastrophically failed and the creature--the Warframe--blew its way out of its containment chamber. Orpheus tried to flee, but Nidus, basically just an infested beast, overcame and enveloped him. However, as Orpheus sank into unconsciousness he found himself awake in Nidus's body, having just completed Transference for the first time. Orpheus now not only was awake, but now had a Warframe at his disposal.

After stealing a cargo ship (via Nidus infesting and taking it over) and crashing it into a Grineer galleon, Orpheus raided their armory, acquiring the Twin Grakata that he still uses today as well as another Infested sample that the Grineer had dubbed the "Hema", which apparently was an experimental biological weapon. He quickly familiarized himself with these weapons as he slaughtered the entire Galleon's crew. 

While on the deck of the navigation deck Orpheus discovered a distress signal coming from Lua on an old, disused Orokin channel that he ran across while flipping through frequencies. Orpheus immediately set a course for Lua, aiming the Galleon at earth with the intention of jumping off of it while passing by Lua. This worked somewhat--Orpheus managed to get close enough to the moon to launch, but the escape pods had all been jettisoned already, which meant that there wasn't going to be much launching occurring and that he was on a capital ship that was in the midst of sailing at high speed towards its own obliteration.

Thinking quickly, Orpheus jerryrigged an Ogma and launched himself from the ship, heading towards Lua in the Grineer ship without knowing exactly which was supposed to do what. Eventually Orpheus made it, abeit in a spectacular crash-landing that threw him several miles across the moon's landscape. From there, the rest is history--the trek to the beacon, finding Matoru, and the rest of the whole shebang. Good stuff.

Angradros

Accepted. I'll send you clan invite next time I'm online, which will most likely be Saturday night!

Welcome home Tenno.

seigemaster718

Declined. Not really warframe or clan appropriate or serious for that matter.

IIYubble

Declined. not exactly warframe or clan material.

Edited by TacticianMatt

• 2 weeks later...

Tenno:

0rokin 

Warframe:

Chroma

Primary Weapons:

Paris Prime

Hikou Prime

Dragon Nikana

Bio:

A long time ago, before the war ended, 0rokin (whose original name was lost in time) was one of the few Dragon Warframes and among the oldests. He served the Orokins without questioning them, doing the bidding no matter the cost. He fought countless battles against the Sentients, until one day, on a perilous mission, something went wrong, and the mistake made by 0ro cost the lives of many Orokins.

Shamed by his failure, he decided (a decision shared by his masters) to enter the cryosleep, in order to meditate on his mistakes and come back when his masters would call upon him once again. But that never happened... 0ro woke up after  a power surge occured when Lua was pulled from the void, disoriented and lost, he first trusted a being called Lotus, who was guiding him towards safety.

Some time after, he learnt what had happened to his masters, and, unable to believe it, he decided to search for more information, hoping to uncover the truth. But what he uncovered was unexpected. 0ro learnt that the warframe was not his real body, and more importantly that, Lotus was in fact a Sentient from the old war. Disturbed by this truth, he changed his name to 0rokin, in honor of his masters, and began a mission of his own. While still posing as one of the Lotus' pawns, he would secretly recover any artefact from the Orokin Era, be it weapon, sculpture, ship, anything, and, more importantly, he would look for true Tennos across the galaxy, those who remained loyal to their masters until the end... and that's when he heard of a clan, called the Orokin Remnant...

If there is anything that needs to be modified please let e know; i am really interested in joining you guys!

10 minutes ago, 0rokin said:

Tenno:

0rokin 

Warframe:

Chroma

Primary Weapons:

Paris Prime

Hikou Prime

Dragon Nikana

Bio:

A long time ago, before the war ended, 0rokin (whose original name was lost in time) was one of the few Dragon Warframes and among the oldests. He served the Orokins without questioning them, doing the bidding no matter the cost. He fought countless battles against the Sentients, until one day, on a perilous mission, something went wrong, and the mistake made by 0ro cost the lives of many Orokins.

Shamed by his failure, he decided (a decision shared by his masters) to enter the cryosleep, in order to meditate on his mistakes and come back when his masters would call upon him once again. But that never happened... 0ro woke up after  a power surge occured when Lua was pulled from the void, disoriented and lost, he first trusted a being called Lotus, who was guiding him towards safety.

Some time after, he learnt what had happened to his masters, and, unable to believe it, he decided to search for more information, hoping to uncover the truth. But what he uncovered was unexpected. 0ro learnt that the warframe was not his real body, and more importantly that, Lotus was in fact a Sentient from the old war. Disturbed by this truth, he changed his name to 0rokin, in honor of his masters, and began a mission of his own. While still posing as one of the Lotus' pawns, he would secretly recover any artefact from the Orokin Era, be it weapon, sculpture, ship, anything, and, more importantly, he would look for true Tennos across the galaxy, those who remained loyal to their masters until the end... and that's when he heard of a clan, called the Orokin Remnant...

If there is anything that needs to be modified please let e know; i am really interested in joining you guys!

0rokin,

Welcome to the clan. Your application has been accepted!

Send me, (Mataeru) a private message here with your in-game username so I can invite you and send you the link to our clan discord server!

Regarding your lore and backstory, it needs some work. Myself and Angrados are more than happy to work with you on it over discord!

Welcome home Tenno.