What's the difference between sentinels?

Neonir

Considering you can now equip any sentinel powers on any sentinel, and any sentinel weapon on any other sentinel, what is the difference?

Is it just looks? Are there meaningful stat changes? Is the purpose of creating a new sentinel pretty much exclusively to just get that sentinel weapon?

I took a big break shortly after Djinn came out, having almost got all the stuff to craft the guy, but having got back, now wil everything I need, I cant seem to find any actual point.

Previously I wanted it pretty much just for its ability fatal attraction, now my dethcube does that, and I am having a hard time justifying 2 forma and 6 mutagen mass for the sake of just the mastery points in levelling a new sentinel.

I like dethcube for its handy stun vaporize, it is great for stopping big sneaky heavy gunners. Other than for sure wanting sweeper prime and whatnot, it's a choice of asthetic and little else. Before they became entrenched in the war within, DE had said they wanted to make a quest for them, but as of now, there is none.