Conclave: Zarr Projectiles are Not Visible Enough

Lemonpartydragon

Zarr seems really cool, and its damage is actually pretty reasonable. But the projectiles do not seem to be... visible. This is a rather significant problem in Conclave, as being aware of where potential damage sources are located is key to movement-based counterplay.

Maybe refer this to the art team? Or add a stupid red outline that my colorblind self still won't see (like you never fixed on the frames)?

But something. Zarr's great otherwise, 11/10 would get shot again.

34 minutes ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

From a user's perspective, this would also be helpful in learning to handle the Zarr's arcing.

I've been firing it like a rocket launcher instead of a grenade launcher this entire time because I had no idea how it arced. A bigger light show would also make it's damage appear more appropriate, as the current near invisible aoe makes dying to it feel like dying out of nowhere.

21 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Zarr projectiles are small, fast, and telegraphed only by a weak smoke trail.
The same applies to the Ogris.

I would appreciate a light, as with the Penta, and a tracer, as with the Tonkor.
From a user's perspective, this would also be helpful in learning to handle the Zarr's arcing.

Some manner of projectile light sounds appropriate.

21 hours ago, Witchydragon said:

I've been firing it like a rocket launcher instead of a grenade launcher this entire time because I had no idea how it arced. A bigger light show would also make it's damage appear more appropriate, as the current near invisible aoe makes dying to it feel like dying out of nowhere.

Absolutely  - it seems like a fair weapon considering the proportion of total damage per shot that depends on landing the bomblets, but the Zarr's minimalist projectiles definitely make it feel much worse to play against than it actually is.

Let's ask for the Zarr to shoot disco balls, shall we?