General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

[Spoilers] The War Within | Controller issues

Zhulia

SPOILERS DOWN BELOW

It is impossible to crouch when activating operator mode. This gates me out from using void dash, which is fundamental to complete the quest. I was forced to switch to M&KB for the duration of the quest. But even outside of it using my operator is very clunky if I can't crouch! (used a 360 controller)

Same deal with the steam controller. Rebinding keys to legacy controls (bound to keyboard functions) enable the crouch but breaks other abilities. Need to test it more.

As this is a major deal-breaker for all controller users, I feel it deserves it's own thread. Please do bump this with your own experiences so that the developer will notice! If you found a way to work around it, everyone will be very grateful.

Edited by Zhulia

I experienced the same thing and I had to use my keyboard to complete the cave section of the quest. During the queen fight, my warframe was able to crouch (using the left shoulder button), but when I changed to the operator I couldn't crouch again. It totally spoiled the experience and I ended up closing the game without completing the quest. I don't know what this will mean for me when I play again, but at this point I don't really care.

I was using the steam controller.

Sorry DE, but you guys have totally disappointed me twice with this update. 

Edited by TheMuslimGamerGB

I have the same problem, I found that reassigning the controller to toggle crouch, instead of hold crouch, fixed the problem for the operator. But of course this feels awkward when using the frame as I much prefer to hold crouch. Therefore I spent much of the final battle getting stuck in a slide as the warframe, because I kept forgetting to double click due to muscle memory. It did really break the flow and excitement of the mission, as I had to replay the cave part several times, and it made the final battle feel very clunky and awkward and much more difficult than it should have been, I just wanted to get it over with. Now that's over, it still leaves me not wanting to farm Kuva, as that would be just too annoying having to reassign my controller every few minutes. So I tried some endless void runs instead to see how that new system works, got some nice rare drops that I needed, but on every run the game crashed before we could extract and lost all the loot. So Kuva and void farming are two things I don't even want to try at this point, leaving me not much else to do. I really hate to sound so negative, I appreciate the work they put in and I'm really keen to enjoy the game at the moment, but so far this update has caused me much more frustration than fun.  

It seems with any new system that comes out, like lunaro and archwing, controller players are always punished by having to reassign things and usually compromise how the frame plays in some way, and then after a while of people complaining they make it customizable. If they could just do that from the start when introducing any new system that would save everyone a lot of hassle. They should know by now that forced controller bindings will inevitably cause problems for people, it always does. 

29 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

You also can't use some of the abilities currently with a controller, since holding the Activate Power button on the Focus icon brings up the Power Selection menu. So either you get Transference, or Focus.

Dunno if this will help or not, as everyones preferences vary, but I ditched the selection thing ages ago and assigned the 4 main powers to the directions on the dpad, so I can just hit them instantly, makes using abilities much easier and quicker. As for focus I had to stick that on select, which works ok but is a bit fiddly with transference as you have to tap it real quick. 

Edited by Puxto

22 hours ago, Puxto said:

Dunno if this will help or not, as everyones preferences vary, but I ditched the selection thing ages ago and assigned the 4 main powers to the directions on the dpad, so I can just hit them instantly, makes using abilities much easier and quicker. As for focus I had to stick that on select, which works ok but is a bit fiddly with transference as you have to tap it real quick. 

I might try that. The selection thing seems to glitch me out when swapping between operator/frame where i can no longer fire/swap weapons and my normal button pad actions become my energy abilities. What did you do for things like gear options and secondary fire, etc.?