[Spoiler]Riven Mods Limit

TheKurtiStryke

omg, will people just read the post linked by Saske92...

DERebecca tells right in there you they limit it to 15 to encourage more creative builds using the riven mods, instead of just using the most powerful weapons in the game.

We have started to add quirks to weapons, as shown with the recent Syndicate Melees, and this is supposed to be a continuation of that train of thought: we want players to be able to use their weapons in new ways that typical builds don’t encourage or allow. The current maximum number of 15 Riven Mods is a reflection of this, as limitations encourages creativity and choice.

Edited by arolust

2 minutes ago, arolust said:

DERebecca tells right in there you they limit it to 15 to encourage more creative builds using the riven mods, instead of just using the most powerful weapons in the game.

I'm fine with DE Rebecca's statement but my issue is, When the limit is 15 it gives little room between choosing High tier weapons and lower tier weapons and in the end of the day high tier weapons win 90% of the time, it sorta counteracts the purpose of trying lower tier weapons when most of the player base is going to stack mods for high tier weapons and get rid of the mods for weapons they aren't interested in trying out.

when they add Riven mods for melee and secondary's is that limit going to increase or not?

1 hour ago, Midrib said:

I'm fine with DE Rebecca's statement but my issue is, When the limit is 15 it gives little room between choosing High tier weapons and lower tier weapons and in the end of the day high tier weapons win 90% of the time, it sorta counteracts the purpose of trying lower tier weapons when most of the player base is going to stack mods for high tier weapons and get rid of the mods for weapons they aren't interested in trying out.

when they add Riven mods for melee and secondary's is that limit going to increase or not?

Yeah was the first thing that I thought, it doeasn't make sense at all. The part where she explain the infinite roll price, so we can stay on a roll an try it before rolling again ( mhh even if the 90% of the rolls are negative stats like -damage, -multishot,-fire rate and buffs like ammo magazine or +zoom xD) I think that they are a bit confused about their system, maybe they don't even know the stats that can spanw on the riven ahhahah.

1 hour ago, arolust said:

Except that argument is ridiculous. We want to encourage you to use these mods more for bad weapons, so we're limiting how many you can have. Giving you no control over what weapon they will be for and each reroll is an exponentially increasingly expensive lottery ticket, so you're only going to do it for actually good weapons as who would bother going through all that for a mod for a bad weapon, when they can be doing it for a good one.

It guarantees people only keep Riven mods for good weapons and they toss the other so they have space for good Riven mods that they're trying to reroll.