Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should The J3 Golem Remodeling Be Postponed?

Niryco

With the guarantee re-modelling of all the bosses to introduce the lore into the game, it would seem as a waste of time that the J3 be remodeled now and after the lore advances to the jupiter they would have to probably do abit more re-modeling which would revolve around the current model they plan to introduce(due to not wanting to waste time to re-design something that has already been re-designed).

So can the J3 remodeling and animations change be postponed till the lore catches up so that the new J3 golem would feel more fresh rather than some simple minor changes to force it into the lore, not force the lore around the mob. Thus it would kinda restrict the boss growth in the lore.

So what do you think?

Edited by Jacate

I see no reason to think that they would have to re-rework it.

Why would they need to re-rework it? It's an infested unit, and can look like pretty much anything, and would fit into any lore rework.

I think OP means that the redesign DE has planned for J3 Golem should be postponed until the lore for Jupiter and the infested is more developed so they have more time to focus on starting lore and other issues.

So what do you think?

I think DE knows what they are doing and how to approach this matter better then we do.

It's their work and they will know how to "not re-invent the wheel twice".

Edited by Kasamoto

Until reading this thread and actually looking it up, I was sure that the glimpse of a picture I remember from Livestream 3 with the monstrous mutation, was infact the remake for Phorid... He's more of a beast than a humanoid at the moment, after all, and Golem actually sounds more intelligent than an insane feral creature.

Pretty surprised about this. Anyway...

If they intend to put the new and awesome Golem in and only give him story elements + new ship + new stuff later on, I can totally see what you mean with this thread, and it is something they should definitely consider, assuming they actually get to finish such an amazing and unique boss EARLY.

erm... remodeling? introducing lore? ive been away for a week or so, does anyone mind giving me some pointers about this "lets put lore into the game by remodeling some missions" and the "by the time they get to jupiter"-thingy which sounds like this process will be worked planet by planet? much apprecianted :3

erm... remodeling? introducing lore? ive been away for a week or so, does anyone mind giving me some pointers about this "lets put lore into the game by remodeling some missions" and the "by the time they get to jupiter"-thingy which sounds like this process will be worked planet by planet? much apprecianted :3

in the last livestream, they talked about redoing Vor (he'll be the general from the E3 video). It's been inferred that there will be some sort of planet-by-planet overhaul, because they stated lore was going to be introduced piecemeal through new bosses and the like.

With the guarantee re-modelling of all the bosses to introduce the lore into the game, it would seem as a waste of time that the J3 be remodeled now and after the lore advances to the jupiter they would have to probably do abit more re-modeling which would revolve around the current model they plan to introduce(due to not wanting to waste time to re-design something that has already been re-designed).

So can the J3 remodeling and animations change be postponed till the lore catches up so that the new J3 golem would feel more fresh rather than some simple minor changes to force it into the lore, not force the lore around the mob. Thus it would kinda restrict the boss growth in the lore.

So what do you think?

I think you like farming for Neural Sensors

You're presuming to understand a project pipeline, but it's a lot more complex than that. Projects involving game art are planned long in advance of their release. Golem's new model was announced long ago, I'd be surprised if at least some progress hasn't been made on it.

As much as I'd love to see the Void (or part of) tile set be used with Infested overlays I don't know if DE would consider doing that. It would be an interesting early nod to the Void for new players.

I don't know if there are enough corridor like parts that can be put into a Golem only pool. If you cut all the lights and put all the traps in a 'broke' state. You'd have to remove all the tiles that use water in them.... I take it back. I think it could done with he current tiles with restrictions. Especially with lights cut and infested goo layered over everything.

Edited by Brasten

Just so you know, it's never been stated that all the current bosses will be getting a "makeover". For instance, I very much doubt the Jackal will ever see much change in its appearance, if any.

As for the actual point of this thread: Why? What makes you think it'll play out like that? I ask because it seems awfully shortsighted to believe that DE has redesigned the J3-Golem before considering its place in the narrative.

Edited by Asbyn

Just so you know, it's never been stated that all the current bosses will be getting a "makeover". For instance, I very much doubt the Jackal will ever see much change in its appearance, if any.

As for the actual point of this thread: Why? What makes you think it'll play out like that? I ask because it seems awfully shortsighted to believe that DE has redesigned the J3-Golem before considering its place in the narrative.

from previous livestream:

tumblr_ml28gsdSwH1rx9jp8o1_500.jpg

from previous livestream:

*Snip*

Yes, and? I know what the redesigned Golem will/might look like. My first paragraph simply refers to the fact that it's highly unlikely that every single boss is going to get a redesign for the sake of lore. Some bosses are fine as they are, logistically.

Yes, and? I know what the redesigned Golem will/might look like. My first paragraph simply refers to the fact that it's highly unlikely that every single boss is going to get a redesign for the sake of lore. Some bosses are fine as they are, logistically.

Ah, I misread your previous comment. I understood it to be saying Golem was not redesigned, whereas it looks like you were saying they likely had better narrative in mind before redesigning it. My bad.

Ah, I misread your previous comment. I understood it to be saying Golem was not redesigned, whereas it looks like you were saying they likely had better narrative in mind before redesigning it. My bad.

Eh it's not all bad. I can bet some people besides me hadn't caught a glimps of the redesign yet, so kudos for posting still lol

Just saying so that the narrative won't be forced and crumpled around J3 golem but it allows the golem to grow out of the narrative element.

I think you like farming for Neural Sensors

Neutral about it, wouldn't matter to my current farming plans but i rather see a polished narrative. Tanking in trinity makes it overall neutral for any boss(except phorid, he is damn hard!)