Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sepsis-Infested Claw

Kothophed

A mutated, shredding claw that infects your enemies wounds.  Harness the savagery of the infestation and debilitate your foes.  

I have always loved the infested aesthetic and felt that the animalistic nature of claws made them perfectly suited to the faction.  Mechanically, I like how new weapons such as Lesion care about status in different ways and want to see more weapons in that vein.  Sepsis is named for the medical term for an infected wound.

Sepsis

Passive

Mastery Level

Sepsis gets +100%  Toxin b Toxin when damaging enemies affected by statuses.  This damage is added after mods.

Weapon Slot Melee
Weapon Type Claw

Utility

Normal Attacks
Impact wImpact 0.8
Puncture wPuncture 8.4
Slash wSlash 16.8
Crit Chance 10.0%

Slam Attacks

Slide Attacks

Wall Attacks
Edited by Kothophed

2 minutes ago, chaotea said:

I want the passive animation to have the claws flex slightly like real fingers.

Also, i want them to look like Alien facehugger legs with claws at the end XD

That would be a great animation. As for their appearance, I visualized them more as infested Ripkas, with the sawblade broken into two talons, and the teeth facing inwards.  I tried to paste in my concept art but the forums bugged out.

Edited by Kothophed

Just now, Kothophed said:

That would be a great animation. As for their appearance, I visualized them more as infested Ripkas, with the sawblade broken into two talons, and the teeth facing inwards.

I was picturing a giant 5 fingered hand, on the back of the frames hands and reaching over.

2 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

1.66 attack speed ? :0

Do you know that's mean 3.8 attack speed with primed fury + triggered berserk ?

The crit chance is too low to make berserk viable, but yes, I did want faster claws, given that the Venka is fairly slow at 1.

21 minutes ago, samuelx43a said:

it looks very interesting, but i think it needs more "oomph" in the attack. i mean it's cool alright, but why not make it a status weapon? the infested theme usually goes like that(there are excepions of course like the synapse)

It is a status weapon, it has decent status chance and doubles its damage (after mods) when damaging statused enemies.

Sepsis {n} local or generalized invasion of the body by pathogenic microorganisms or their toxins.

And it DOSEN'T do innate viral damage? (but seriously, I do like this idea.)

I know you want the player to build towards the synergy by adding mods, but thematically you could have it do Viral and Slash as its innate damages, then combo Toxin by adding stacks of more DoTs per hit on Viral proced enemies.

Also forget about putting damage values for the weapon. That stuff would be balanced by the devs anyhow, so don't worry about "Oomph" or "Power Creep". They distract from the core idea and unique mechanic.