Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dilemma Vectis Prime builds

kyori

Question

Just can't decide which one to go with, as in always use it and not change around often.

I have 2 builds, 1 is 100% status chance and the other is a fairly balance status + crit build. 

I saw the video of a tigris prime(yes not a vectis but the main point is the following ->) download over lvl100 enemy faster with status build than a crit build, so I am wondering should I just go with the 100% status build for my vectis prime.

100 status:

4CI7XBO.jpg

Balanced crit + status:

UZTDXle.jpg

11 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Nexecute said:

I like the way you screenshot btw

so innovative

Uh?.... err... thanks

6 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

i would get rid of charged chamber and hammer shot. instead use vital sense and metal auger ! 

Hmm good suggestion, will try. thanks

Status is effective primarily vs armored mobs. From what I've seen pure damage tends to outperform it otherwise. I did not test viral proc with 4x CP but considering damage top weapons can do it likely needs very high level mobs to shine.

With Vectis' crit stats it's a sin to not mod for it. Also, I'd ditch Charged Chamber for Vital Sense at your crit/status build

31 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Charged chamber only works if you have Depleted Reload (or if you have sheer insane luck, get a Riven mod for it with -magazine and awesome stats)

I am wondering why everyone is saying that? Unless the description is wrong but it says 'first' shot, not 'only' shot. Although the 2nd shot will not have that damage advantage but the first shot still has.

27 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

With Vectis' crit stats it's a sin to not mod for it. Also, I'd ditch Charged Chamber for Vital Sense at your crit/status build

Yeah, I am considering that.

1 minute ago, kyori said:

I am wondering why everyone is saying that? Unless the description is wrong but it says 'first' shot, not 'only' shot. Although the 2nd shot will not have that damage advantage but the first shot still has.

It does work on the first shot and not on the second, adding Depleted Reload+Charged chamber increases the damage by virtue of every shot having that extra damage. Plus if you reload manually (for which you have a fraction of a second before the automatic reload stats) you do it faster and can shoot faster than if you go without DR and a two bullet clip.

i was think a lot about vectis p build forma it 6 times...to can swap for any build i think its good......and this is my final build only can change it if we get primed chamber! serration.spli chamber.3x status element  resing status on 98% shred...point strike.vital sense

Edited by ashrah

The thing you have to take in consideration is the inherent differences between the Vectis and the Tigris-- and what makes a 100% status work so well on the tigris.

First, the tigris is slash based, while the Vectis is balanced, with some more punch in the impact category. This means that the vectis will constantly proc all three IPS damage types, while the Tigris will proc almost exclusively slash.

As you know, slash procs deal finisher damage, which ignore shields and armor; effectively making the damage skyrocket at high levels.

In addition to this, the tigris is a shotgun: It both has innate multishot, more powerful multishot mods, and more base damage mods. Since 100% status makes all pellets proc, this means more slash procs per shot.

It also doesn't benefit as much from critical chance and damage as the Vectis.

In resume, you're better off with the second build

Ja3nqcd.jpg

Regardless of what people say, Charged Chamber is still best in slot for damage on Vectis P. Course you can replace it with another elemental mod if you want. Same with Bladed Rounds. If you don't have that, replace that with another damage mod or depleted reload.

20 minutes ago, kyori said:

Does this mean the 2nd round will have +120% crit damage if crit chance activated on it?

First rounds get the 40% damage bonus to everything, second round gets the +120% crit damage bonus which is technically +240%, then the third shot gets the +40% damage on topf the +240% crit damage etc.