Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaives need an exilus slot for their mods (whirlwind etc.)

RS219

I'm pretty sure someone else has said this before but I'll just go and beat a dead horse a little further.

Glaives have an additional mechanic (some would say gimmick) in the form of being thrown, but the mods that affect this mechanic (Rebound, Quick Return, Whirlwind, Power Throw) all take up a mod slot that other weapons are free to slot in something else that contributes to raw DPS. Glaives are penalized in that if you want to alter your throw style, you have to sacrifice the damage you could extract from this very same slot just to alter the behaviour of your glaive to something you prefer more.

So why not implement a 9th exilus-style slot that only allows for these glaive-specific mods?

In addition, I feel that this mod slot could possibly be a possible method of a sorely-needed buff for a class of weapons who have been overshadowed by too many other melees, as its throwing mechanic has proven to be quite the double-edged sword (cannot melee while glaive is in flight, for instance).

Positive reinforcement; give players more incentive to experiment around and throw around their frisbees of death!

7 minutes ago, RS219 said:

So why not implement a 9th exilus-style slot that only allows for these glaive-specific mods?

because people would then whine and cry that their favorite meta weapon feels gimped because this weapon has an extra mod slot and mine doesn't

IMO, all the throwing weapons need a nice buff (something I've been wanting since I picked up the Glaive) to make them a little more viable, but adding another slot would just be bad in the long run.

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

because people would then whine and cry that their favorite meta weapon feels gimped because this weapon has an extra mod slot and mine doesn't

IMO, all the throwing weapons need a nice buff to make them a little more viable, but adding another slot would just be bad in the long run.

But these mods don't affect damage, are mutually exclusive and cannot be equipped on any other class of weapons.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

IMO, all the throwing weapons need a nice buff to make them a little more viable, but adding another slot would just be bad in the long run.

And how? This extra mod slot is an exilus-style, it will only allow for glaive-specific mods that hardly increase DPS but improves playability. I fail to see how they have a ground to stand on when their meta weapons hardly have their own unique set of mods, be it the Galatine Prime or Atterax or... well you get the hint.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

I agree partly, if we just buffed the throwing weapons then you would be able to achieve the same dps they have now but including a utility mod.

Problem with that is that this is warframe where no one wants to give up any dps really, so just buffing them will probably not make people feel they can use the utility mods.

2 minutes ago, LABAL said:

But these mods don't affect damage, are mutually exclusive and cannot be equipped on any other class of weapons.

but the idea of "that weapon has another slot and mine doesn't" is what would be the bad thing and mindset that people would have

im all for buffs to the throwing melee class, but this would be a bad move

1 minute ago, RS219 said:

And how? This extra mod slot is an exilus-style, it will only allow for glaive-specific mods that hardly increase DPS but improves playability. I fail to see how they have a ground to stand on when their meta weapons hardly have their own unique set of mods, be it the Galatine Prime or Atterax or... well you get the hint.

see my above comment to Labal

They really don't tbh. None of them really have the stats to justify any true attempt at a damage, crit, and/or status build. That throwing "gimmick" is the actual purpose of thrown melees. Prior to gunblades their lack of damage was the balance for the fact they do damage at a distance. After gunblades, they mostly serve utility functions.

Trust me. I use thrown melees all the time (hell, the Kestrel is my favorite and most often used melee). My Kestrel is my only main weapon that I haven't formad because you dont need to.

Furthermore, you need more than one exlius mods because you need to equip multiple thrown melee exclusive mods to make them good.

Edited by Insizer

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

see my above comment to Labal

I honestly believe these meta-complainers would be the sort that have lost sight of fun gameplay, and live solely to squeeze out another 0.1 dps from their weapons. I believe they'll be merely a vocal minority.

Edited by RS219

another thing that could be said is that Power throw (punch through) and Whirlwind (flight speed) can be linked to Metal auger  (and other punch though mods) and Terminal velocity (and other projectile speed mods) respectively.

are you willing to add additional slots to the other weapons because of the reasoning behind adding them to the throwing weapon melee class? because that is an uphill battle that will end in a loss.

DE would rather not add more slots, but rather make you think about how you want your build. "what are you willing to sacrifice for this other mod" kinda mentality