Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] The actual War Within?How did that happen in 2-3 seconds?

TheFinalEpic

So I've been replaying the video I recorded when I played the War Within and rewatching all the cinematic.

After the first playthrough, at the end I never really knew what the War Within was until I rewatched my self play.

My guess is:

White/good side is our side of the world/us.

Black/evil side is the void side of the world/void being who allows us to use our powers.

So the War Within is basically us either: Rejecting the Void, staying true to ourselves, being good (White). Or Embracing the void and all of its evilness/twistedness/ ugliness etc. Or of course the middle choice of basically just staying in the middle, neither rejecting it or embracing the evil powers inside us.

Is that it? Is that the War Within? 

If it is, it had a horrible time showing it. 

Flaws:

I feel like when the operator was "dreaming" and where we got ejected by ordis, that was how the original script went. We lost our powers and we had to rediscover it. Went to the mountain pass, Tenshin helped us get our powers then we innately go back to the warframe and kick the queen's &#!.

But then they made 2 hour of rediscovering our powers into a 2-3 second dream?  Doesn't make sense on how all that happens in 2-3 seconds. And how did Tenshin even help us with our dream to reject Continuity in those 2-3 seconds?

Edit: Also I found the leaked script of the War Within and a lot of it made into the final version albeit slight differences:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ajTaNflzEj3lplS4htrHbBTdOqAlhPXiXtH1cDxWB8M/edit

In it proves that the original order was: We visit the queen-> queen takes away our powers-> we're back in the oribter with our lost powers->Ordis finds an old war beacon-> we tell ordis to go there (even though he objects that he can't allow an operator to leave the ship)-> tenshin is there at the beacon-> (probably shows us our power)-> we defeat the queen-> then something about Umbra, a rogue Warframe with no Tenno controlling it/ golden lords of the Orokin empire

The dialogue was more interesting and fluid.

Edited by TheFinalEpic
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheFinalEpic said:

So I've been replaying the video I recorded when I played the War Within and rewatching all the cinematic.

After the first playthrough, at the end I never really knew what the War Within was until I rewatched my self play.

My guess is:

Black/evil side is the void side of the world/void being who allows us to use our powers.

So the War Within is basically us either: Rejecting the Void, staying true to ourselves, being good (White). Or Embracing the void and all of its evilness/twistedness/ ugliness etc. Or of course the middle choice of basically just staying in the middle, neither rejecting it or embracing the evil powers inside us.

Flaws:

I feel like when the operator was "dreaming" and where we got ejected by ordis, that was how the original script went. We lost our powers and we had to rediscover it. Went to the mountain pass, Tenshin helped us get our powers then we innately go back to the warframe and kick the queen's &#!.

But then they made 2 hour of rediscovering our powers into a 2-3 second dream?  Doesn't make sense on how all that happens in 2-3 seconds. And how did Tenshin even help us with our dream to reject Continuity in those 2-3 seconds?

"What did you do dax? WHAT DID YOU DO?  (I loved this part the voice acting is sooo good)

Not even the queens know how he was capable of going into our heads

3 minutes ago, mstriker said:

"What did you do dax? WHAT DID YOU DO?  (I loved this part the voice acting is sooo good)

Not even the queens know how he was capable of going into our heads

One thing I give DE credit are those cutscenes. One of the most smoothest movement and lipsyncing/voice acting I've seen in video games. Watching through it was gorgeous. The only thing I can compare it to is the DMC reboot cutscenes. Those were amazing to look at on PC at 1440p 144hz (along with the War Within of course)

Edited by TheFinalEpic

11 minutes ago, TheFinalEpic said:

But then they made 2 hour of rediscovering our powers into a 2-3 second dream?  Doesn't make sense on how all that happens in 2-3 seconds.

One thing I just want to say about this part:
Dreams can seem to be a lot longer than they really are.
Scientists who have studied REM sleep (where dreams occur) show that it occurs in short amounts, generally 10 minutes for the first one of the night and going to usually at most an hour at a time.

Those 10 minutes can seem to be a lot longer to people who remember their dreams.
Its not uncommon for people to remember hours and hours of a dream that in reality took at most one hour.

So to the point that "It doesn't make sense how the 2 hours of dreams only happens in a few seconds" isn't as far fetched as you would think.

11 minutes ago, TheFinalEpic said:

And how did Tenshin even help us with our dream to reject Continuity in those 2-3 seconds?

Now that one is a mystery.
Even the queens don't know how he did it.

Maybe his Orvius that picked up our frame did something that allowed him to help us out.
He might have hijacked the transference like the queens were doing.

Edited by Tsukinoki

15 minutes ago, TheFinalEpic said:

But then they made a 2 hour of rediscovering our powers into a 2-3 second dream?  Doesn't make sense on how all that happens in 2-3 seconds. And how did Tenshin even help us with our dream to reject Continuity?

Time is fluid in dreams. I've felt like a dream has taken seconds to complete, but I was asleep for hours. Or vice versa. 

To us, it felt like hours passed, but in reality, only a few seconds passed. It makes no difference in the end.

People think a lot faster than real time.  Add to that, we have a lot of enhanced people in this scene (read: all of them).  Honestly, the idea of a War Within the mind of the operator taking an hour or 2 seems ridiculous for what amounts to Orokin Root access to our frame.

The quest didn't make a lot of sense (apart from all the Skyrim/jedi references lol) and the ending was confusing, it didn't even give us anything useful except the new gimmicky powers which are only good for farming kuva. The Second Dream was a lot more clear and cohesive, plus it gave us Focus which is a game-changing mechanic. 

18 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

One thing I just want to say about this part:
Dreams can seem to be a lot longer than they really are.
Scientists who have studied REM sleep (where dreams occur) show that it occurs in short amounts, generally 10 minutes for the first one of the night and going to usually at most an hour at a time.

Those 10 minutes can seem to be a lot longer to people who remember their dreams.
Its not uncommon for people to remember hours and hours of a dream that in reality took at most one hour.

So to the point that "It doesn't make sense how the 2 hours of dreams only happens in a few seconds" isn't as far fetched as you would think.

Now that one is a mystery.
Even the queens don't know how he did it.

Maybe his Orvius that picked up our frame did something that allowed him to help us out.
He might have hijacked the transference like the queens were doing.

Ok I can buy the Rem sleep and Tenshin did throw the Orvius. He was our side all along so he might've rigged it. 

but I found the War Within leaked scripts:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ajTaNflzEj3lplS4htrHbBTdOqAlhPXiXtH1cDxWB8M/edit

In it proves that the original order was: We visit the queen-> queen takes away our powers-> we're back in the oribter with our lost powers->tell ordis to visit old war beacon even though ordis precept mandates that he can't allow the operator leave the Oribter-> tenshin is there at the beacon-> (probably shows us our power)-> we defeat the queen-> then something about Umbra, a rogue Warframe with no Tenno controlling it/ golden lords of the Orokin empire

That is a lot more interesting and more smoother of a story line that what we got. I believe the 2-3 second dream was a last minute idea to stitch things together.

Edited by TheFinalEpic

So what if you found a leaked script? That's not the real story anymore, even if you like it better. Supposedly the next big quest will focus on what a warframe is and /that's/ when we're supposed to know more on Umbra. As for the white/black if you notice... all white and all black both show destruction. With white everything is burning while black floods everything. I doubt going too far in either direction is a good thing.

6 minutes ago, Kazzamo said:

As for the white/black if you notice... all white and all black both show destruction. With white everything is burning while black floods everything. I doubt going too far in either direction is a good thing.

Wow very nicely spotted I never noticed that. Thought they were the same picture just black/white.

Also the middle/Hybrid black and white doesn't show any destruction. It has just the Lotus symbol in up and down direction. Maybe the Lotus is the balance between the two worlds? (With the Theory that the Lotus is both Margulis (Human/Orokin/Our World) and Natah (Sentient/Void)

Edited by TheFinalEpic

21 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

The quest didn't make a lot of sense (apart from all the Skyrim/jedi references lol) and the ending was confusing, it didn't even give us anything useful except the new gimmicky powers which are only good for farming kuva. The Second Dream was a lot more clear and cohesive, plus it gave us Focus which is a game-changing mechanic. 

It actually made sense, i was a bit confused the first time too but after rewatching i ubderstood it lol

3 minutes ago, mstriker said:

It actually made sense, i was a bit confused the first time too but after rewatching i ubderstood it lol

I think the issue is you have to rewatch it to understand it. I think everybody agrees that they were very confused by the end of their first unspoiled playthrough of the War Within. Compared to the Second Dream, on our first playthrough we were left with a satisfying feeling that we understood everything that happened (besides the new mysteries it introduced to us). 

Edited by TheFinalEpic

Just now, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

The ending didn't make sense and it's not clear how the choices we made will even affect anything in the game. 

It actually made sense, as i said you have to rewatch it to understand everythimg...

Also the choice is supposed to have consequences in the future

8 minutes ago, TheFinalEpic said:

Wow very nicely spotted I never noticed that. Thought they were the same picture just black/white.

Also the middle/Hybrid black and white doesn't show any destruction. It has just the Lotus symbol in up and down direction. Maybe the Lotus is the balance between the two worlds? (With the Theory that the Lotus is both Margulis (Human/Orokin/Our World) and Natah (Sentient/Void)

I think you have the Lotus backwards, Margulis is Orokin/Void while Natah is Sentient/Physical World. Orokin society was built around (and in) the Void, while the Sentients were damaged if they contacted it. 

7 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

I think you have the Lotus backwards, Margulis is Orokin/Void while Natah is Sentient/Physical World. Orokin society was built around (and in) the Void, while the Sentients were damaged if they contacted it. 

Oh I got my lore mixed up. I thought the Sentients forced the Orokin to use the void/tenno that came from the void to fight them (of course now I remember that Hunhow couldn't go into the void to find us)

1 hour ago, TheFinalEpic said:

My guess is:

Flaws:

Edit: Also I found the leaked script of the War Within and a lot of it made into the final version albeit slight differences:

In it proves that the original order was: We visit the queen-> queen takes away our powers-> we're back in the oribter with our lost powers->Ordis finds an old war beacon-> we tell ordis to go there (even though he objects that he can't allow an operator to leave the ship)-> tenshin is there at the beacon-> (probably shows us our power)-> we defeat the queen-> then something about Umbra, a rogue Warframe with no Tenno controlling it/ golden lords of the Orokin empire

The dialogue was more interesting and fluid.

The leak is the reason why tww got delayed so much and we didnt get Umbra with IT.

Btw i think u can't link and talk here about data mined stuff.

Edited by Whit3Powd3R

1 hour ago, TheFinalEpic said:

When I completed the quest and got my "Void sigil" or whatever it is, it showed the black/white balance and below was white flames.

So my choices led to 

Neutral-Good?

1 hour ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

The ending didn't make sense and it's not clear how the choices we made will even affect anything in the game. 

Teshin said it best.

What you choose determines your path. And it feels like Focus 2 right? Soon Focus will expand into Operator or we get a new one alltogether.