Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[ZARR] A minor change with big impact

-NR-Dabears

Hello everyone.

I have a suggestion for a minor change regarding the adaptable modes of the Zarr. This change won't affect the stats of the weapon in any way, but still can make a huge difference.
This is a very important change in my opinion, since this affects the way I play extremely. Either way I also think many other people wouldn't really dislike that change at all.

Now, to get to the point:
You should be able to toggle the modes of the Zarr at any time.
I'm a player whose playstyle is almost completly based on movement, and by that I don't mean the movement like just sprinting around in a room. I rather mean the movement like bullet jumping, wall running, and constantly being in the air.
Just imagine this situation: You are in a close range fight with enemies and use the Barrage mode to kill them. You didn't want to use the Cannon mode in the close range since the risk of killing yourself is too high. After emptying your "clip" you jump off to move on and while you jump you want to reload your weapon to get ready for the next enemies. While you just started reloading you spot some enemies below you, which are out of range for the Barrage mode. Since there is no fast way to cancel the reloading you have to wait until you finished reloading so you can switch to the Cannon mode and shoot at your enemies. Now however you dropped to the ground and couldnt kill your enemies in time since you were reloading.
In the entire time you were busy reloading way too many things can happen.

Also a suggestion by Clem2-TheClemening:

"Another QoL tweak I would like is to change the crosshair depending on the mode. Tonkor's crosshair for cannon and normal for barrage or something like that."

I might have explained that not properly enough, since my grammar kinda sucks at this point. But anyway, if you have questions or opinions regarding this, let me know about it. It's a change that can make a big difference for this weapon.

I also have a feedback topic about the Kuva Fee issue, feel free to take a look at it:

Cya ingame, Tenno.
-NR-Dabears1337

Edited by -NR-Dabears1337

I'd rather they made it able to be toggled at any time. Way too many animations and actions prevent toggling it. Given the fact that I'm almost deaf and can't hear the toggle sound very well, and that I too am a very mobile and fast acting player, I don't have time or patience to look at the hud to make sure I won't blast myself with what I thought was in barrage mode. 

EDIT: Oh, and I blast myself with what I thought was in barrage mode a lot. And I mean, A LOT.

Edited by Misanthroplonker

5 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I knew as soon as I saw the title it would be about this.  

Yes. It only takes five minutes with Zarr to understand.

Edit: Also, I tend to kill myself so hard that there's nothing left to revive. No bits. No bleedout. Nothing.

Edited by LABAL

4 minutes ago, Misanthroplonker said:

I'd rather they made it able to be toggled at any time. Way too many animations and actions prevent toggling it. Given the fact that I'm almost deaf and can't hear the toggle sound very well, and that I too am a very mobile and fast acting player, I don't have time or patience to look at the hud to make sure I won't blast myself with what I thought was in barrage mode. 

EDIT: Oh, and I blast myself with what I thought was in barrage mode a lot. And I mean, A LOT.

THAT IS EXACTLY THE THING!

Although I only noticed it during reloading and not in any other case, it should really be adaptable at any time.
I often stream during weekends and got music in the background, which often prevents me from hearing the clicking noise of switching the mode. I also play on a kinda big screen, and although my HUD is already in the center as much as possible, I really cant see in which mode the weapon is without having to take a closer look. And that closer look can take too much time.

10 minutes ago, Clem2-TheClemening said:

Another QoL tweak I would like is to change the crosshair depending on the mode. Tonkor's crosshair for cannon and normal for barrage or something like that.

It would be nice to see a physical, albeit UI, change based on mode.

25 minutes ago, Clem2-TheClemening said:

Another QoL tweak I would like is to change the crosshair depending on the mode. Tonkor's crosshair for cannon and normal for barrage or something like that.

This.

I can't even count on my hands the times I've blasted myself harder than my enemies anymore, because a lot of chaos is going around and I can't really quickly glance to the bottom right of my screen to see if it's on Barrage or Cannon mode. It mostly takes me like two or three seconds for my eyes to focus on the word and see what mode it's on. During a fuster cluck, that's enough time to get your feces pushed back in when you're not paying attention to what's ahead of you. 

A crosshair that would change depending on the mode you're on would make it much better because then I, along other people, can keep our focus in the middle of the screen, where almost all of the action is taking place.

11 hours ago, -NR-Dabears1337 said:

Also a thing I didn't notice yet. I will also add it to the post for a general attention boost.

Might want to amend that part a little bit. Could no longer reproduce the issue with switching weapons. Tried switching to sidearm, melee, synthesis scanner and (spoiler) both with and without recieving damage. The weapon remembers its last mode. Revive still resets the mode, though, so that part is correct.

Edited by LABAL

14 hours ago, VentiGlondi said:

They could just make you shoot barrage with primary fire and cannon with secondary fire, like any other weapon with two firing modes

(Except Stradavar, but since [as far as I can tell, correct me if I'm wrong] Semi-Auto is just better
and Automatic is merely an emergency Nullifier bubble buster, eh, it works there, I guess.)

3 hours ago, iDEBz said:

Or give the Zarr the barrage mode as alt fire all together. That way you don't have to think about the fire mode.

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to have an option to change the behaviour of alt-attack button. I want my Zarr to use Cannon on alt-attack and Barrage on primary attack (toggle ability in gameplay settings).
UPD: oh there's already such suggestion :P I'm not the only one

Edited by Xenophil