Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I believe the loyalty system for pets is backwards

Toppien

i mean, shouldnt be the other way around? kavats requireing petting for them to remain loyal, and kubrows dont needing the loyalty system cuz they are dog related and dogs usually are loyal till their deaths?

Edited by Toppien

Loyalty is a misnomer, it's not like either runs away or attacks you, it's more about their emotional well-being.

Dogs are generally more emotionally dependent, and while they remain loyal (don't run away, don't attack you), they can get depressed with poor treatment and it can affect their physical health.

Cats just don't care, you bring food, sure, that's nice. If there was a neighboring Orbiter I'm sure my cat would be going over there for food half the time to, he doesn't care.

Edited by Gelkor

8 minutes ago, Toppien said:

i mean, shouldnt be the other way around? kavats requireing petting for them to remain loyal, and kubrows dont needing the loyalty system cuz they are dog related and dogs usually are loyal till their deaths?

They only draw references to cats and dogs, it don't mean that they have to 100% emulate them.

44 minutes ago, Toppien said:

Have you ever met a cat? As long as you feed them and stay out of their way then they tend remain loyal. Dogs are constantly underfoot, and desperate for attention constantly. (generalizing of course)