Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Hecate, Void Witch of the Unknowable

WildDragon144

(Underline = most recent additions, Strike-through = retractions)

There are times when it is not enough to simply kill your enemies. There are times when more must be done. Destroy there hope. Eradicate their will. Such is the purpose of Hecate. Consume your enemies with fear and madness, Tenno.

An expert at manipulating her enemies through fear and insanity, Hecate can become a seemingly indomitable force on the battlefield.

Passive
Hecate deals increased damage to enemies suffering from status effects, including Madness and Chaos.

1.) Void Burst
Hecate summons a tentacle-like spear from the void, penetrating all targets directly in front of her. Any targets not killed are instilled with Madness for ten seconds, attacking a random target or doing something to intentionally cause themselves harm. If the target dies before the time expires, another target is chosen.

2.) Fury
Hecate's allies become filled with rage, gaining a small damage and attack speed bonus. Every time they kill an enemy, there is a chance that enemies around the expired target will gain Madness a swarm of tentacles may appear on the spot of their death for ten seconds, dealing damage to enemies that cross over it.

3.) Horrors from Beyond
Hecate summons floating beasts formed from pure void energy, which attack the closest enemy they can see. They appear like eyeballs formed from writhing tentacles, and attack with lasers or a short tentacle-spear. Enemies damaged by these beasts have a chance to gain madness.

4.) Aspect of the Unfathomable
Hecate takes on an unknowable form. For a short time, she becomes invincible and deals a small amount of damage to all enemies within a radius around her. She becomes the target of all attacks. In exchange, she becomes immobile and cannot attack.

Notes:
I'm honestly unsure how to go about making a Lovecraftian Warframe. Do I make her more of a summoner, or a supporter? Either way, the Madness thing is there to stay, but the effect is susceptible to change, since I'm not quite sure what I want it to do, and if I'm not careful, she'll end up a lot like Nyx. I'm also not a huge fan of the name, but none of the names I could find in Lovecraftian myth had a good ring to them. Comments, critiques, and ideas accepted. Note that I'm terrible at balancing.

Edited by D3cham3L3on

Oh look its a hydroid rework with a much better theme.

+1, and I dig that sheer tank ultimate.

Consider one change:

2nd ability causes allies to inflict madness on enemies instead of spawning tentacles.

Passive: Hecate deals 10% more damage to enemies with status effects, including madness and chaos.

Edited by BeeOverlord

1 hour ago, BeeOverlord said:

Oh look its a hydroid rework with a much better theme.

+1, and I dig that sheer tank ultimate.

Consider one change:

2nd ability causes allies to inflict madness on enemies instead of spawning tentacles.

Passive: Hecate deals 10% more damage to enemies with status effects, including madness and chaos.

I originally was planning on having allies have a chance of inflicting madness in a radius around killed enemies, so I'm probably gonna go with that edit.

As for the Hydroid rework part, I understand why they went for the tentacles on his Ult, but I feel like there are better things he could have instead. Maybe a giant shark that swims around and jumps out of the ground, eating mobs and causing damage? I feel like that makes more sense and leaves them room for a Cthulhu frame like this one.

Thanks for the commentary and the +1!

Hecate was an old god of magic, crossroads, and hounds fyi.

----------

Love the passive

----------

1: Causing target to erupt with dark tendrils dealing damage to itself, and all around it as well as inflicting Madness.

2: empowers allies and self causing killed enemies to explode causing Madness

3: causes nearby corpses to become evil eyes that pulse a laser each second. Focuses on enemies affected by #1.

4: Becomes immortal and causes #1 to spread to all enemies with Madness within range. Gains high threat.

----------

Augments:

1: Targets killed trigger an explosion of moderate damage with a Blast Proc

2: Grants affected allies 100% bonus Radiation damage

3: Eyes near each other will take off as floating monstrosities that remain for 15 seconds, and fire in all directions, or focus.

4: Forces enemies within a large range to attack her, and grants her energy for each hit.

----------

Just some suggestions to think about. Feel free to use what you want.