Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Spoiler-Heavy Devstream #83!

[DE]Rebecca

JypDJMm.jpg

Last week I mentioned we were postponing Devstream #83 because we figured 'that it'd be a much more informative stream once everyone has had time to play the Update (on PC) and we've had time to sleep and get reactions'. At least half of that is true (the reaction half), so we're ready to bring you Devstream #83!

Join us this Friday, November 18th for a Spoiler-Heavy Devstream #83!

Who? Members of the Digital Extremes Team!

What? Warframe's 'The War Within' update is live on PC! Go behind the scenes as the Warframe Development team showcases and discusses the biggest update of the year! We'll also be taking questions from you and reviewing stats on what choices Tenno made throughout the quest.

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this November 18th at 2 p.m. EST (yes we're in EST now)! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

If you have questions, post them below! This thread closes at 10 a.m. on November 18th.

Dear Dang Diddly DE Developers

As a fan of 2008's Dark Sector and its very fun Glaive usage, I think it's an incredible shame that Warframe's counterparts to the Glaive have fallen so far behind in terms of usefulness. All Glaives have Skana damage (except the new one), rely on incredibly rare stances to be even remotely useful, and have minuscule Throw Attack damage that makes them completely overshadowed by Gunblades, which have around 4 to 9 times more damage on their shots compared to the various Glaives, something their differences do not make up for.

Would it be possible to do a pass on Glaives (especially their Throw Attack damage) like you have done in the past for Heavy Blades and Scythes?

Something I would do is give Glaives Throw Attack damage on par with the Gunblades, but remove stealth damage bonus from Throw attacks, so it wouldn't become overpowered. After all, the stealth bonus damage is meant as a reward for getting up-close in stealth. Ranged stealth is what we have headshots for.

Like always, stay hotdog.
Thanks for reading, have a Hektato:
Zs1N6oJ.png

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Will we see Focus schools being tied to the operators?

As in: Will our Equipped Focus Schools give us passives while in Operator mode? 

For example:
Zenurik = More energy, faster energy regen, more Ability Range 
Vazarin = More health, health regen, Warframe cannot be damaged while this is in use
Narumon = Stealth mode has no cost and you move faster 
Madurai = Infinite Laser with %health damage to enemies
Unairu = ??

Edited by Orthelius

Something I brought up in one of the much earlier devstreams. Can't remember what one but it was about 3 years ago now?

Will we ever get our animations mirrored for when we change what side our camera is on? I would like to have my camera to the left and have the gun held properly. Also would find it interesting to see melee animations mirrored while doing so.

In order of importance:

Status Chance is often considered to be the weakest supplementary stat for weapons, particularly on melee. Some elemental weapons like Silva & Aegis have a high status chance to the exclusion of all else; this makes them weapons for crowd control rather than damage, which defeats the point of being weapons. While a handful of statuses have worthwhile utility (like Corrosive, Blast and Slash), most procs like Heat do not benefit from successive applications... and Puncture's proc is outright terrible. Do you have any plans to adjust the value of status weapons and effects?

Since the last time you mentioned addressing "mandatory" weapon mods like Serration and multishot, you've added Primed Point Blank and Riven mods to the game, which contribute to the issue. Have you officially gone back on plans to address these mods?

During PAX Australia, Sheldon mentioned that one of his biggest regrets was relying on randomization. Since then, you've put Riven Mods into the players' hands, products of multiple layers of RNG. Have you considered solutions that give players even a little control over what their Riven Mods turn into, such as the choice of unlocks from the Relic system? (Suggested by this reddit post.)

With The War Within shipped, have you been able to spare that programmer for Shield Gating yet? When can we expect it?
(Presently damage to shields will bypass armor even when that damage bleeds into the health pool, effectively nullifying armor at high levels. Shield Gating wouldn’t just be fun, it’s essential!)

Any progress on the Limbo rework?

In the Reddit AMA, you were asked if you'd considered adding an extra color tint option for metals on the PBR Prime items (including the frames post-Nova Prime)... and Sheldon missed the point when he answered. Would someone else care to revise?

Now that Vasto is heading to the vault, should we abandon all hope for Akvasto/Aklex Primes?

Spoiler

If Sheldon asks why I'm picking on him... he makes it so easy.

Edited by Archwizard

Questions:

1. What about Dojo? Will we get some new rooms? What about Clan's Missions that were shown in one of the Devestreams?
2. When can we expect full The Index?
3. When can we expect next Trial (Corpus maybe?)? And what about fixing Jordas Verdict (i.e. walking in Phase 3 when we were suppoused to be AW)?