Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Spoiler-Heavy Devstream #83!

[DE]Rebecca

Question: Both second dream and the war within not only focus solely on our personal Tenno but also don't seem to mention or reference other Tenno existing much. Will future quests do more to expand the scope to Tenno as a whole and not just focus on our personal one? Maybe even go so far to allow a multiplayer quest? Or NPC Tenno in quests?

------------------------------------------

Explanation: Both quests, SD and WW, show very few references to other Tenno. Did other Tenno escape the moon? Did stalker go after them as well? Did lotus say hi to everyone? Why didn't Teshin bring several Tenno to the queen? Or bring a vulnerable warframe in a cryopod? Did Teshin host a "how to unlock operator mode" workshop once he got back to the relays?

There are other little issues, like in war within "The worm" young queen says: "My sister needs THE orphan child, not ITS infested pupet".
If there was more then one Tenno surely she should say "My sister needs one of the Orphan children, not its (or their) infested puppet".
Teshins reply of "THE child? For what purpose". Again very singular does not weigh towards multiple Tenno.

If I only played the quests to understand warframe I would personally believe I was the only Tenno. 

Multiplayer quests or seeing NPC Tenno in quests would help expand/improve the narritive. 

Edited by MDRLOz

1. Can we get a button in the game to change stances on the fly in a mission  ? i would be nice, and fits the theme of a ninja, master of his weapon.

2   Stealth is broken, its imposible to do whit any other frame than Ivara and sleep Equinox. the enemy keeps getting alerted way to fast, the update was needed bu i think i was to much, the game practicaly says "Ninjas in space"  more like  Tanks in spaceits not faire

3  Since recent update focus cant pe optained from a orb id you dont have a lens on the warframe, even if a have a lens on the weapon that i use, dont know if its a bug or what.

4 Please for the love of God let us play whit our pets whit the operator it would be so fun.

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

JypDJMm.jpg

Last week I mentioned we were postponing Devstream #83 because we figured 'that it'd be a much more informative stream once everyone has had time to play the Update (on PC) and we've had time to sleep and get reactions'. At least half of that is true (the reaction half), so we're ready to bring you Devstream #83!

Join us this Friday, November 18th for a Spoiler-Heavy Devstream #83!

Who? Members of the Digital Extremes Team!

What? Warframe's 'The War Within' update is live on PC! Go behind the scenes as the Warframe Development team showcases and discusses the biggest update of the year! We'll also be taking questions from you and reviewing stats on what choices Tenno made throughout the quest.

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this November 18th at 2 p.m. EST (yes we're in EST now)! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

If you have questions, post them below! This thread closes at 10 a.m. on November 18th.

hey, ever thought of expanding these transforming weapons? like maybe a lil RWBY refrence?

Plans for more intricate combos for stances? I think it'd be fun to have to do more in a combo than just right-click or hold then spam the attack button.

Also, Inaros' downed passive should drain a percentage of health/second to keep its viability when doing higher level missions such as sorties.

Edited by Songbear

This is a question regarding Syndicate Weapon Augments. Originally, they were supposed to fill the role that Riven mods are currently filling, bringing life to unused weapons. Currently, what's the status on Syndicate Weapon Augments? Are they dead? Will they fill a new role (IE: Special effects mod similar to Thundermiter or Syndicate melee weapons' special passive)?

It's kind of disappointing that the new operator mode is nothing but a gimmick, useful only to disarm, not even kill, just disarm one single type of enemy; any plan to somehow implement the focus system inside the operator mode? It's kind of weird that they're two separate things.

Also, is your vision of end-game inhuman farming for RNG based items and game-breaking equipment? I always hope for mechanics to one day get balanced or reworked, but the very concept of Riven mods is so wrong and the actual mechanic is so game breaking that I wish they were just removed from the game.

Thank you DE for the two amazing cinematic experiences you've given us. Please keep up the great work.

However, there are a couple things I'd like to address. One being: Now that you've pretty much established the Grineer into the game in their entirety, will you pour that same love and attention into the Corpus? As a whole (and especially when compared to the Grineer) they feel so underdeveloped. Index Preview, and Raptor rework notwithstanding, the Corpus have not received (I feel) almost any attention since the introduction of the Hyena Pack. While Nef Anyo is a presence, he has not been established into the origin system and at this point and time is a impactless background character that shows up every once in a while. The only other character in the Corpus we've received any interaction with, is Alad V, whom in my personal opinion, is severely over-used and probably should have ended at the point of his infestation. Given the Corpus' established lore, the crewmen to proxy ratio feels horribly off. And until Nef Anyo is introduced into the game as a proper entity, the only boss fights they offer, are mobile weapons platforms. And while I understand the Board is incredibly secretive, the human command presence feels missing, for lack of a better word. Do you currently have any plans to give the Corpus as much attention as you gave the Grineer up to this point.

The second thing is Banshee Prime. Twice now, Banshee Prime has been knocked out of the Prime line-up, and replaced in favour of a different, more recent warframe. While I understand the choice to Prime warframes is ultimately up to you, I can not help but feel that you are intentionally avoiding Banshee in the line up. I am a part of the apparent minority who would very much like to see some love given to this warframe's inclusion into the Prime category. And I feel that this latest move to release Valkyr Prime has caused some form of rift. Can we expect Banshee Prime to be after Valkyr Prime in the line up or not?

Sincerely,

~Dalimir

Edited by Dalimir

acording to some videos posted about a leak on the codex is really valkyr prime the next prime frame? just want to know since if this is true and you guys are flipping the finger to banshee for a second time i could finally free myself from warframe, plus i could save the 3.xgb worth of the update of the TWW which i havent been able to download

First, thank you for the recent update. While the Riven mod system still needs some tuning a really like the idea behind it, especially the uniqueness it can bring to the weapons. I am especially thrilled about the challenge system used to unlock the mods, and this brings me to my quesiton. Are there plans to incorporate this in other systems in the game? I am a sucker for challenges and achievements and what not, especially ones that are not specific to singular missions and span long term gameplay. Again thanks for a great game.

At PAX Aus you mentioned that you were talking about adding big scythes to the game. Are there currently any plans on changing current scythes/adding a new scythe type or will we have to wait some more?

The Lua defence mission Stöfler features a dynamic map that changes the first 5 waves. Will we get more maps with the same mechanic? 

I posted questions in the postponing topic in case, but I'll put them here instead, for convenience, with some alterations:

Spoiler

1. If the Elder Queen is Orokin, is she the same Orokin who worked with the Grineer as described in the Arid Eviscerator's entry in Simaris' sanctuary?

2. What's the significance of the "morality gauge" now appearing in our profiles? Will it become relevant in later content?

3. Will we be finding out the significance of the line of dialogue said right after you decide what to do with the Kuva in the scepter any time soon or is that a mystery for much later? Does this mean our Tenno have a Superpowered Evil Side? I know it's different depending on your choice, but the dialogue for each choice heavily hints that whoever/whatever that is is not pleasant.

4. Now that The War Within is out, are you ready to divulge more information about Umbra, and if so, what can you tell us?

5. I've found the heresy. Where do I put it?

6. When will I be able to pet my Kavats and Kubrows in Operator mode?

7. When will The War Within be replayable? Those cutscenes are too good to be one time only viewing.

8. Thoughts on allowing Tenno to gather resources to build new relays? With only three left per platform, losing even one more to a Fomorian attack is an unsettling thought.

9. Is Damage 3.0 still planned, and if so have you figured out how Rivens will fit into that?

10. Are there plans to better ground the new Operator mechanic within the wider gameplay? Right now it feels like a gimmick that would have no practical applications if you hadn't created a new minigame and enemies, both of which require use of this feature, to go along with it.

Just pick the ones you like, or something, I guess >_>

Hello

i request a prime chamber for the operator room like the one in Tenno lab to see my prime warframes with in it.:heart:

a chamber in the size of each warframe it will be a beautiful decor for my ship.:satisfied:

also a tablo like a decor to view my prime weapons:satisfied:

if people would be able to visit my ship and see the inside decors it would be much more interesting.

best regards.