Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Dev Workshop: New Mods Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Accessing Kuva Siphons is being experimented with to not be a random chance in a tileset, but rather a guaranteed spawn on planets when the Fortress is in the vicinity (like Fomorians and Negators) with a possible cooldown. To be determined!

I would recommend to implement the current kuva farming mechanic as a new game mode on the Fortress. The Fortress is very underpopulated due to lack of motivation. And what will happen when the Fortress approaches low level planets like Earth? New Players will react like "What the F*** is this? What these kids are doing here?"

Edited by -S-O-Yetili

6 minutes ago, -S-O-Yetili said:

I would recommend a new game mode on the Fortress. The Fortress is very underpopulated due to lack of motivation.

What if the Fortress approaches low level planets like Earth? New Players will react like "What the F*** is this? What these kids are doing here?"

there is a new mode in the fortress. its called assault.

18 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

RNG Mods in Warframe!?
We should certainly take some time to speak to the doom that RNG Mods being a sign of nefarious dealings. While it may pre-date many accounts, Warframe already had RNG Mods in the game. In fact RNG Mods used to be the only type of Mod you could find for Upgrading your gear. We switched to a static Mod system in Update 7, and now 12 Major Updates later we are revisiting the concept with completely different intentions: an End-Game option rather than the only path. 

so getting a random mod that may be rubbish which you then have to grind over and over to try and get lucky with is our new end-game?

your mistaking lots of pointless grind for content again. please, please stop this. 

there needs to be a balance between grind and fun, 100% RNG does not do this. 

at least when farming for prime parts you get to try and increase your chances! (even if it is poor) with RNG mods you wont be able to do that at all, so it makes it all the more worse. 

pure luck is not something we as players should keep having to rely upon. 

Also, if the riven mods are going to get stats based on the weapon, would it be possible for stuff like blast radius, adhesive blast, ect, to appear on riven's for the applicable weapons(Zarr, penta, ect) ? Could this be a possible addition to the system, to make Riven's more unique and allow for even greater customization of weapons(Penta + Riven with Blast Radius and Adhesive blast, yes please <3 )

I really like these changes. I think you guys will get the Riven Mods right with just some tweaking and experimenting. I think that overall this system can offer a lot of extra variety in builds, it just has to be also somewhat affordable and manageable. I honestly just found the spawn rate of Kuva Siphons, combined with the time it takes to actually unlock the Riven mod + the cost to reroll a bit too much for me.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like I would be much more excited to work towards getting the best Riven Mod for a weapon if I knew that I can sort of customize the different stats and adjust it to how I want it to play. A good example might be how Diablo does stat rerolling, where you choose 1 stat you want to keep and reroll the others,

OR (this will be a weird analogy) but how in Pokemon when you are trying to breed a Pokemon with perfect IVs you can put an item on the parent that allows the child to keep the best stat values of the parent, but the others are randomized, and then you rinse and repeat with future generations till you have 31 IVs (max per stat) for all stats (and you have the perfect Pokemon).

Weird analogies I know but just some thoughts I had and felt like sharing :)

6 minutes ago, -S-O-Yetili said:

Yes. And nobody plays it.

hello. let me properly introduce myself. my name is nobody. pleasure to meet you.

in all honesty. the reason why ppl dont play it is because it isnt some kind of mission they get shiny stuff for to put up their &amp;#&#33;. the ppl who came far enough to do the fortress no longer realy care about missions that are "fun" but just what mission gives them the most rewards.

i personally realy enjoy the assault mission. sadly i am to scrubby to solo it and everyone who does want to play it always is there just because they need to unlock that node.....

After 5 rerolls, I get this...

28kj1ol.jpg

I really don't think Slash should even be a possible stat to get for a weapon that has no Slash damage. These mods remind me of Vanilla Diablo 3. Warrior gear would roll Intellect or Sorcerer gear would roll Strength until enough people complained about it and they created Loot 2.0.

I really feel like you should have better stats the more you reroll these mods. Since the price keeps going up it should give us something good instead of crap like this. Or have the cost stay the same for every roll but allow the player to lock a stat which causes the price to jump if you choose to reroll the others. So if you have a 3 stat mod and you lock 1 the price goes from 900 to 1,800, and if you choose to lock 2 stats it jumps to 3,600. This would allow us to create better mods at a high cost or run the risk to reroll the entire mod again.

Edited by ExzoSSG

I do like the increased control that "refusing" a cycle seems to present, and I 'm eager to see changes implemented.

However, I still think there are better solutions to the problem that people face with an entirely RNG-based system, such as an additional paid cost to lock one or more modifiers from being affected by a reroll. Other games such as Path of Exile have used such a principle mechanic as a solution to traditional RNG-based loot systems such as those found in other Diablolikes or Roguelikes, to much success.

This cost could be paid in a resource more directly accessible via trade and plat, such as Endo, acting as an endgame Endo sink and providing incentive to use and trade Ayatan treasures. For a player, it allows them to feel like they are working towards building something, not having to fear throwing away resources for what could very well be a worse roll.

Please consider the benefits of controlled RNG both for players and for DE. Thank you for your continued consideration to our feedback.

Oh man, I'm excited about the stats favoring buffing weaker weapons, I'd give a lot to make maining with the quanta feasible :D I miss using my cubes. I do hope we get another way to obtain them, though. I'd just like a way to hunt for them that isn't time-gated, since that's the most frustrating part of it for me.

1 minute ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

i personally realy enjoy the assault mission. sadly i am to scrubby to solo it and everyone who does want to play it always is there just because they need to unlock that node.....

Its okay if you like it. I like it too, but I dont play it anymore. Its a waste of time. It does not change the fact that almost nobody plays it. You get nothing from it. Not even a fair amount of credits. 

1 step foward after taking 100 steps back , we are getting there...
Just quit with the unreasonable RNG and implement a "drop some more kuva to lock this stat you like" and also a few more ways to get Riven mods...

Also if you need a new way to obtain Kuva , the new map is there dying as we speak after it was just released , all because there is no good reward for a harder map.. Loved that defense mission , rewards were bad.

Sorry if this post looks harsh , not my intention just got frustated with the system =x

Edited by Mengaster
Add the sorry , sorry , sorry..

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

'Riven Disposition' is the way in which power level of Mods is attuned to the weapon it is generated for. Mastery Rank and Stats will factor into this attunement, so you can expect to see more powerful Rivens for less used weapons and vice versa.
- This modification will also affect existing Riven Mods to reflect our desire to give new life to ‘discarded’ weapons in a unique way, and not increase the power of the top tier ones.
- Prepare to see a difference in stats of existing Riven Mods in an upcoming hotfix.

Thank you, but how will alternate versions of weapons factor in?

Examples: the Gorgon, where the regular variant is just bad and isn't really crit or status viable, while the Prisma version is crit viable, but not good with status while the Gorgon Wraith is status viable, but not crit viable.

And the Boltor, while the regular version does have slash damage (albeit little), the Telos and Prime versions do not. And the regular and Telos versions are not crit viable while the Prime version is.

Kind of dug yourselves in a hole there. Kind of.

How will this system address this?

Edited by Madway7

@[DE]Rebecca People have questions, and a controversial topic like Riven mods needs feedback from the dev team to prevent the community from polarizing and losing people.

As I asked in last thread, how will MR affect the rolls of what weapon a riven mod is assigned to. Will my high MR hurt my chances towards certain weapons?

And also, will there be a script that refunds Kuva to people who upgraded mods in the higher ranks? It's frustrating that I wasted so much Kuva rerolling 8 times to get stats that didn't involve +Max Ammo %

Edited by -CM-Liverslices

This is an improvement, thank you. 

However....despite refinements to rerolling the Riven Mods, and proposed refinements to the cost of doing so, as well as ensuring more regular access to Kuva, the actually important mechanical changes rest entirely in the mention of 'Riven Disposition'. And, given the way this whole thing has been handled so far, until we see exactly what 'Riven Disposition' actually means, in-game, in hard numbers, I don't have the slightest iota of trust that it will be genuinely functional.
               Riven Mods dropped into the game as some of the most spectacularly broken pieces of mechanics which I've ever seen in Warframe, and the things that made them that way were not somehow hidden or accidental. The mechanical broken-ness of Riven Mods is not an emergent trait bursting forth from well intended base rules. Riven Mods arrived into the game giving weapons like the Tonkor, Simulor, and Soma Prime traits like +100% Damage and +100% Critical Chance, and that was apparent immediately. 

I truly don't know how DE can fix this, because I have just lost any illusion which I had that the intent was to work towards better game balance and more truly diverse game builds. I get that I am being very negative, but I really think that Riven Mods are a gigantic mistake.

Edited by BornWithTeeth