Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polearm Stances

HyokaChan

Polearms have two stances and both seem to assume the weapon is like Orthos where there are blades on both ends of the stick. However, since newer polearms just have "business portion" on one end, the stances feel like it does not utilize the business end enough.

I propose a new stance where it focuses on this. Please put one into the making.

Edited by HyokaChan

1 hour ago, AXCrusnik said:

I wish they split up polearms into 2 groups. The first, double ended type, and spears for weapons like the Sydon, but I suppose having a stance that actually looks like a spear stance will do.

Agreed.

The current stances (Bleeding Willow, Shimmering Blight, "stabby-stanceless") have so few moves that they could be nicely merged into a single, glorious stance for double-ended polearms. Then maybe a new set of stances for spear/halberd weapons could be created.

Bonus points if double-ended polearms (i.e. Orthos(P)) had their polarities defaulted to the double-ended stance, while single-ended polearms (i.e. nearly everything else) had their polarities defaulted to the single-ended stance-- but the two categories were still treated as a single weapon class and could exchange stances.