Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WARNING: If you start the TWW Quest chain there is no turning back

JawnHenry

I have been stuck on the first phase of the Queen fight against the Kuvas and  after many attempts and mounting frustrations I decided that I would be better off getting my account reset to its pre-TWW state. I logged a support ticket with DE and the response that I got was that there is no way to reset my account. DE has effectively forced to quit at this point.

This is warning to all those attempting this content, once you start it you have to finish it.

Edited by JawnHenry

Yes all good points and thanks for the input. 

But, there is still the issue of being stuck and no way to get out of it.  That is just bad design plain and simple. 

I don't have "elite" ninja skills, my parkour skils suck and I rarely if ever use melee weapons.  I have been stuck on MR 16 for over 6 months because I can;t get past it.  I appreciate the suggestions, but its not going to do me much good. I know my limitations and this fight its not going to happen for me.

17 minutes ago, JawnHenry said:

I have been stuck on the first phase of the Queen fight against the Kuvas

You see, how to defeat these guards is very simple (hard to figure out if you are like me but totally doable).

1. Wait for them to finish their animations (attack, ground slam), keep moving around since their attacks hurts a lot.

2. Once they are done, switch to Operator mode then hit them with Void Blast (E), you need to be close to them for this to stun them.

3. Use Void Dash (crouch then jump) to land a hit to remove their immunity.

4. Either attack with Operator's Void powers or switch back to your frame and melee them.

5. Rinse and repeat.

Spoiler

For Queen :

1. Wait for her shield to go down and when she is about to shoot you....

2. Dash (crouch then jump) to her.

This fight can end in millisecond if you time it right!

Got to admit, i feel your pain, was not so well equipped (right frame and maybe right weapons) but it can be done to an extent.

I hope DE don't make this (after X point in quest you can't turn back) a formula for next quests :(

Edited by Prinny13

3 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

That's completely wrong, the quest chain can be stopped before you get to you-know-where and the game warns you at that point.

yes it does warn you, but there is no way to have it reset even by DE support, that is what I am trying to say

12 minutes ago, JawnHenry said:

I don't have "elite" ninja skills, my parkour skils suck and I rarely if ever use melee weapons.

Good thing the Kuva Guardian fight requires none of that kind of skill. Press E, then hold CTRL and press Space. This will make the Guardian drop his melee. Then press 5 to get back in your Warframe and mash basic melee attacks, or stay in Operator mode and hold left mouse for hand blast damage

Repeat this five times to kill the Kuva Guardians -- they have deliberately stunted AI during the quest because it's secretly a tutorial for Kuva Siphon missions later on.

After this you fight Teshin. There are different ways to fight him but my favorite is to stagger him with a ground pound (jump + look down + melee button) then mash melee combos into his face

Lastly you "fight" the Elder Queen...

Spoiler

Wait for her shield to disappear and for her to raise her scepter. Ctrl + space when she does so. Cutscene takes over

15 minutes ago, JawnHenry said:

yes it does warn you, but there is no way to have it reset even by DE support, that is what I am trying to say

You might be able to accidentally complete the fight in the same way that it happened for me. In a spoiler, just in case.

Spoiler

I just happened to be standing, with my operator, right at the edge of the shield when the Queen drops it to fire the staff beam.

A void dash wasn't even necessary at that point; the game just decided that standing there was enough.

Sure, it maybe cheapened my 'victory' a little, but I'll still take it.

i was going to say git gud, but its more a problem of you not reading what to do, all the fights there are easy, even easier than running a defence mission on lua, there will even come a point where a pop up will appear just to tell you what to do if you dont know what to do for long enough [no, that didnt happen to me, just the person i watched play through it]

The fact that you cannot exit the mission isn't a problem in my opinion. I am sorry you are having trouble, and I hope the tips given help you get through it. 

But apart from the fact you were warned, which several others have mentioned, I don't see why you would want support to drag you out of the mission anyways. You are stunting your own progression big time by not completing the latest major story quest. And you are at the final part, you are almost done with it anyways! It was a little frustrating of a fight, but it is totally doable. 

Why would you want to leave the mission now? If you ever wanted to start over and finish it this time, you would have to do it all over again from the beginning. And if you really don't want to keep progressing???... 

2 hours ago, Suncake said:

But there's a message saying that in the end of the archwing part. You click "Yes" and you can't run anything else than the quest.

First, the message tells you you will be "limited" in your mission possibilities.

Second, we don't know if this part is gonna be 10 minutes or 3-day long. Keep in mind that we get to go into this Fortress after 2 easy af missions. There is no way for us to believe this mission is the final one. It could've been a random assault mission lasting 2 minutes and after which we'd go back to our liset, with the possibility of going back into our normal Warframe stuff.

Without spoiling, they could've added to the message "You won't be able to run any other mission until you finish the Quest.", instead of this "you will be limited for some time" uninformative message.

Edited by Chewarette

3 hours ago, JawnHenry said:

I have been stuck on the first phase of the Queen fight against the Kuvas and  after many attempts and mounting frustrations I decided that I would be better off getting my account reset to its pre-TWW state. I logged a support ticket with DE and the response that I got was that there is no way to reset my account. DE has effectively forced to quit at this point.

This is warning to all those attempting this content, once you start it you have to finish it.

Really?

Are The Kuva Guardians really that hard ?

You just need to dogde their charge, void blast to stun them, dash through them, get back to your frame and slash them. I though you are a Tenno :(

Edited by MichaelMW28

I have found no way to quit my game once the "bone cave" has started. Many people find this part easy but not so much for this Tenno and it seems I have to look forward to more endless looping fun. My real concern is the only way I have been able to quit game and give up for the night is to Kill the Warframe through task manger. Aside from shots to my shinny metal arse how else can I end part of TWW I can not finish in one sitting?

On 17/11/2016 at 4:55 AM, JawnHenry said:

Yes all good points and thanks for the input. 

But, there is still the issue of being stuck and no way to get out of it.  That is just bad design plain and simple. 

I don't have "elite" ninja skills, my parkour skils suck and I rarely if ever use melee weapons.  I have been stuck on MR 16 for over 6 months because I can;t get past it.  I appreciate the suggestions, but its not going to do me much good. I know my limitations and this fight its not going to happen for me.

Totally agree, I'm in the same boat as you although sheer bloodymindedness has got me to MR20.

I've lost count of the amount of times I have tried to beat this end game but after getting one piece of good info have come close. That info was to zap with the beam after doing the dash which stuns and disarms them, get the timing right and you will finish a guard.

I got as far as fighting the queen, alt/tabbed out to check the method and when I went back in the game had reset so have to do it all again.

However, this works.

Put your frame into one of the alcoves and only move around with the operator. When the operator gets zapped hit 5 [or do what I have done and remap it to R for convenience, it means you can keep your 'pinky' on shift for sprinting, finger on W and index finger free to hit R and E]. If the frame gets zapped sprint to the alcove section on the other side and leave it there . . .you do not want to be dragging the frame around with you..

Patience is the key so stay in the outer ring. If you see a guard heading in your direction don't risk stunning him face on as 9 times out of 10 he will get you. Use the doors to go in and out until you get behind him or trail all the back the opposite way.

When you get the chance stun him with E.

Now here we have a problem because the distance from him to stun is too close for the bullet dash so have to run away a few feet, turn back, and hope he is still stunned. If he is not you will know because the operator just leaps into the air when you hit ctrl/space. If you are in time dash through him [this will disarm him], but instead of trying to dash again zap him with the beam . . .there is every chance that you will kill him at this point. If not leg it out of there and keep 'patience' in mind as you slink around again.

After killing the first single guard go to the center and zap 2 of the umbilical cords. This needs to be done after killing the first pair of guards and again after killing the 2nd pair, with the final 3 umblical cords being zapped to start the queen battle.

When it comes to the both sets of 2 at a time - yes, that was a surprise but those guards on the podiums will come alive - keep slinking around, use the doors a bit to go in and out of the circular corridor, and after a while you will notice that the guards, in their frustration have split up and if you get it right will have their back to you so you can take them on one at a time.

Remember, the real killer is in using the beam on a stunned guard . . .but it will go wrong more times than it will go right so be ready to quickly leg it, you don't want to use up all your revives too soon.

Edited by CaptainEras

1 hour ago, Ignignokt34 said:

I have found no way to quit my game once the "bone cave" has started. Many people find this part easy but not so much for this Tenno and it seems I have to look forward to more endless looping fun. My real concern is the only way I have been able to quit game and give up for the night is to Kill the Warframe through task manger. Aside from shots to my shinny metal arse how else can I end part of TWW I can not finish in one sitting?

I kept referring to this video. It shows the paths to take to get across and where to bullet sprint.

Those who have known me for years on my gaming site know that I'm a dogged Cornishman who cannot accept defeat, so TWW Quest completed.

No idea what they have done to my kubrow ? he loses - not gains - 20% everytime I pet him . . . I now have a 40% cowering wreck totally useless for a mission.;)

Edited by CaptainEras