Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Operator [TWW]

Ibro156

I love it.

The operators are probably my third favourite thing in the game behind Trinity and Ivara.

I was happy with them after TSD but i'm not a fan of the whole focus thing ... mainly because I don't do sorties so only have one lens and haven't unlocked anything.

Now, after TWW, I absolutely adore my operator. 

6 minutes ago, DazzGravityowl said:

In my opinion I wish we would've had some options towards the beginning of how we address Teshin. I feel like my operator was kinda a jerk. But on the contrary throughout the quest i regained my positive opinion of the operator.

I would have liked some options too..

Like finishing him off when we fought. 

Really hoping we get to kill him at some point. 

I like the new Operator system, but I just wish it was keep pressing the 5 button to become operator, and quick 5 for the operator focus skill.

Also a buff to his health and armor could be nice, maybe even adding a simple immunity to 5 attacks max, takes 1/2 a minute to reset one of the attack immunities for it to work again.

Conceptually, I like them.

I'm glad that TWW gave us an opportunity to shape our Operator's personality - I think if they are supposed to represent us, it's paramount we have control over how they interact with the world. I'm disappointed that the alignment system didn't hold any power over their mid-mission dialogue, but hopefully that may be implemented later.

I did find it somewhat awkward how vocal the Operator was during the Quest, considering how characteristically silent they've been in the past, and probably will be in the future. Similarly, this Quest was about breaking free from the Lotus' care and learning to stand on your own as an adult -- a great story, except as soon as you conclude the Quest, you're back to being a mindless mama's boy. The story was good, but not impactful enough on the overall narrative, is what I mean.

Mechanically, the Operator system feels thin and rushed, but definitely has a lot of potential for growth. My head is swimming with possibilities on how it could be expanded.

6 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

I like the new system because now I can make screenshots like this:

-snip-

Talking about the attitude I don't have any negative feelings towards the Operator.

I'm shipping those two. 

My one complaint about the Operators in TWW was how you addressed Lotus after retrieving your Warframe and returning to the Landing Craft/Orbiter. What did she do to deserve that? Hide the truth to better protect us? She was only acting on what she felt was best. 

16 minutes ago, NecromancerX69 said:

I just wish it was keep pressing the 5 button to become operator, and quick 5 for the operator focus skill.

You can invert the tap/hold mechanics in options.  Though keep in mind it reverses ivara and vauban's ability activation as well.

1 hour ago, DazzGravityowl said:

In my opinion I wish we would've had some options towards the beginning of how we address Teshin. I feel like my operator was kinda a jerk. But on the contrary throughout the quest i regained my positive opinion of the operator.

I think first impressions are important. The operator kinda felt like an @ss to Teshin for no real reason.

Don't get me wrong. Going after Teshin was the right move but going for petty reason because he said don't follow me. I felt like stupid reason.

The begining part of quest felt like Operator desveres to be called a child. But the middle to the end and liked my operator more but can't shake off the beginning part.

Edited by Ibro156

11 minutes ago, Belgard said:

I like the Operator. I'd have liked them to be my own character, but even if they aren't, I still like them.

What happened in the quest to make you dislike them?

I can believe when introducing a new character first impression matters to a certain degree. Obviously, this can change overtime.

But the beginning part I dislike. First cinematic with Teshin to meeting the queens. How the Operator was acting like a fool during that time. The only reason that my Operator gave me to chase after Teshin is because dosen't like being told what to do and do not. Then there was when Teshin points his sword againsts the Operator during on the moon. He gets mad about the fact he gets called a child, not the fact Teshin betrayed them and up front threan the Operator.

Then there section when you meet the Grinder Queens. He gets mad, not sure why to bwhonest. 

From there on the Operator is okay. But from here it went from being neutral to really disliking him. 

The middle and ending I like it. Gameplay was fun. Its just the begining I can't forget. 

Edited by Ibro156

1 hour ago, DazzGravityowl said:

1 hour ago, Ibro156 said:

I think first impressions are important. The operator kinda felt like an @ss to Teshin for no real reason.

Don't get me wrong. Going after Teshin was the right move but going for petty reason because he said don't follow me. I felt like stupid reason.

The begining part of quest felt like Operator desveres to be called a child. But the middle to the end and liked my operator more but can't shake off the beginning part.

To be fair, Teshin was rude and threatening to the Tenno, when all they did was ask questions. After the Tenno slaps his sword away from him, he says "Follow me again, Tenno, and you will answer to my sword" which means he would cut you down. So i don't know about you, but if i was investigating something suspicious and found someone tied to it, and the person was d-bag, i'd be rude to them too.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

To be fair, Teshin was rude and threatening to the Tenno, when all they did was ask questions. After the Tenno slaps his sword away from him, he says "Follow me again, Tenno, and you will answer to my sword" which means he would cut you down. So i don't know about you, but if i was investigating something suspicious and found someone tied to it, and the person was d-bag, i'd be rude to them too.

That is totally fair. But Operator got mad for being called child not the fact Teshin literally pulled his sword against us and threatened to kill.

@Ibro156 I see, that's reasonable. I had somewhat similar problem. Personally, when Lotus told me to get back, I wanted to do what she told me. But there was no way to continue the quest if I did that. I had to continue according to the script. So, instead of creating my own story, I had instead to try to understand DE's story and DE's character. But to me the Operator is not unsympathetic, so I still like them after that.

1 minute ago, Ibro156 said:

That is totally fair. But Operator got mad for being called child not the fact Teshin literally pulled his sword against us and threatened to kill.

No, i'm pretty sure it was a combination of both. If someone held a blade to your neck, then tapped it against your face in a demeaning manner, you're going to be surging with all kinds of emotions. The Operator didn't automatically act because they were being defensive and cautious, unsure of what Teshin would do if they showed any resistance to what he was doing. Remember, the Operator only knocked his sword away after he had lowered it, no longer appearing as threatening as he did previously. Him calling the Tenno a child again was pushing them over the edge, which is understandable, especially when you consider all they've been through and how long they've been alive.

2 hours ago, Ibro156 said:

So whats your though on the Operator now? 

Despite DE's efforts to make us perceive teeno as our avatars in this universe, I will never be able to associate myself with that over-emotional brat. Period.

38 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Then there was when Teshin points his sword againsts the Operator during on the moon. He gets mad about the fact he gets called a child, not the fact Teshin betrayed them and up front threan the Operator.

Then there section when you meet the Grinder Queens. He gets mad, not sure why to bwhonest. 

You remembered it in the wrong order. Operator says he doesn't like to be called a child only twice: through comms before reaching Teshin on Lua, and when Teshin tells he is just a child behind the metal that won't save him (holding a blade near the warframe's chest doesn't seem like a death threat). After Tenno is really threatened by Teshin he doesn't say anything. And later at Kuva Fortress becomes mad about Teshin's betrayal.

You can check it yourself in this video (subtitles are in Russian though):

Actually it makes sense. Teshin KNEW about our true potential.

When he came back he found the Tenno STILL herded like livestock = Herded by Lotus.

He has been trying to make us grow ever since he showed up.

Sidenote: The Arbiters share his view and goal. They must be the descendants of the Dax, right?

tbh dialogue was really percived as if operator got mad by teshin calling him "child" there was no reason to do so imo

both know how old they are and operators know that teshin is wiser(at least wasn't sleeping the whole time)

so logical way would be to listen to him, suspect and follow, not act like an offended sjw on period

I don't exactly like losing all my shield and energy through a one shot, since the operator only has 100 HP.

The powers and energy pool for the Operator are also mediocre, while the customization is still lackluster since Focus released.

As for the dialogue, it would have been much better to let us pick one of three ways to respond. Similar to the karma choices already in the quest.

I absolutely hate how DE insist on them acting like dumb children.

Yes, they are children, physically.

But mentally, they went through their parents going insane, killing said parents, and then controlling Warframes to first fight horrific aliens, then slaughter most of Orokin ruling class and now they are killing thousands of mindless zombies, violent clones and crazed merchants. They should not act like spoiled children after all they went through.

Edited by Redthirst

2 minutes ago, Redthirst said:

I absolutely hate how DE insist on them acting like dumb children.

Yes, they are children, physically.

But mentally, they went through their parents going insane, killing said parents, and then controlling Warframes to first fight horrific aliens, then slaughter most of Orokin ruling class and now they are are killing thousands of mindless zombies, violent clones and crazed merchants. They should not act like spoiled children after all they went through.

this