Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Question to DE regarding the upcoming changes to that new things: How will the disposition deal with weapon SERIES?

tnccs215

While I do not enjoy its current iteration, and the abusive power it gives to top tier weapons, I do like the idea of random buffs to up bad or underused weapons. You, DE, seem to be taking this particular criticism at heart, which makes me quite glad. Indeed, you created the concept of Riven disposition, which will take the stats of a weapon into account when rolling the buffs.

While this seems mostly fine, I noticed a possible issue: How will this deal with weapons that belong to a mod-sharing series, in which there is a substantial power gab between the items?

For example, the Cernos and Rakta Cernos. The former is a very bad bow-- inferior to most good bows, and on par with the base Paris. It's underused, and with good reason. The Rakta Cernos, on the other hand, is an enormous beast; a top tier bow capable of competing and even beating the other ones!

So how will this disposition work? Will it grant bonus based on the normal cernos stats (and risk giving too powerful bonus to high powered versions), or will it grant bonus based on the Rakta Cernos, and give nothing to the base one?

I have another issue, too: How will it deal with weapons that are good on paper but bad in practice? Take the Daikyu, for example: The greatest damage of all bows, outstanding status chance.... But just "not good enough". The critical stats of all other good bows make them eons superior to the Daikyu, and its slow firing rate does not allow for effective status distribution. It even features puncture damage as its main base damage, making it impossible for one to attempt "damage through finisher damage".

So, how will this all happen? Is disposition tailored by hand, with you personally and carefully assigning a "Riven multiplier" to each weapon series, or is this going to be dealt through automatic processes that may lead to top tier weapons keeping enormous buffs (because they belong to a generally inferior series) and theoretically good (but not good on practice) being assigned buffs too small for them to be made worth it?

If you indulged me on this, I appreciate the reading, and Im eagerly and patiently waiting for an answer. Have a good day!

good point, i think it would suck to have a braton mod but not being able to use it in both mk1-braton and braton due to braton prime restrictions, however i dont even know how it works currently, i think it would be cool if they gave each weapon a value to be factored onto the riven final stats

8 minutes ago, rockscl said:

good point, i think it would suck to have a braton mod but not being able to use it in both mk1-braton and braton due to braton prime restrictions, however i dont even know how it works currently, i think it would be cool if they gave each weapon a value to be factored onto the riven final stats

I believe it currently "isn't" a problem-- that is, since every weapon is eligible for any amount of buff, it's an issue included in the already prominent "enormous powercreep" one.

But yes, that is a good idea for a solution: On top of the usual Riven Disposition, maybe having each weapon in a series have a "Riven Factor" that multiplies the Mod's stats accordingly, so that, with the same Riven Mod, the Paris gets a bigger boost than the Paris Prime. Probably would have to be hand tailored though, but that isn't obligatorily a bad thing.

15 minutes ago, Shreiko said:

It would probably be better to ask this in the workshop thread where it would be more likely to see a dev response. It's a good question that might help prevent an oversight.

Thanks, and will do.