Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host migration in Endless Relic Missions crash/loss of rewards

theForth

If you disconnect/get a host migration it will kick back to the ship and leave you without any rewards (or in some cases a couple rewards) as well as remove all the relics you used in the mission.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Edited title for clarity

Yep, I've lost 9 relics this way so far. Host migration has been 100% crash and loss of relics for me so far. 1 time it even asked if I wanted to rejoin, so I did and all it did was take another relic before freezing again.

Getting boosters and having the option of endless is nice, especially for trace farming. Unfortunately, stability issues are rendering endless fissures not worth running atm.

Whenever the host chooses to leave and the rest of you stay, the game just remains in a type of "paused" state without you being able to do anything. Then you are forced to abort mission and everyone loses all their relics they consumed and the rewards along with it. Lost quite a few relics because of this now :[

Now before I explain what the bug is, let me tell you what the rewards were so you can take a better guess at just how mad I am right now. 

3 Rare parts (IN A ROW!!!) from the Intanct Relics of my team mates, said parts were:

1. Spira Prime Pouch
  2. Nova Prime Chasis <--- soon to be vaulted
  3. Carrier Prime Cerebrum <--- was at least able to get proof of this one and you will see it in a bit

Now I will admit, I don't want those parts because of A: I already have them B: I don't care about them...however, I could have A: Sold them to Baro for a total of 300 Ducats B: Given them to someone that does want them.

Take a look at this picture.

c070d4ca42544fd2bf9cc288030f7e06.png

If you look closely enough you will see that apperantly I had 0/10 Reactant...LIES! I can guarantee you that I colleted 10 reactant before the reward screen appered (every time) and if it's of any help, the mission type was Excavation as you can see by the Power Cell beside my Kubrow in the middle of the picture. Meanwhile the game was like ''Oh you are telling me you have 10 Reactant? :stalker:What Reactant?:stalker: See that? *poof* 0 Reactant, you ain't getting nothing despite carrying the game :D''...

The relic I tried to open didn't open (so at least I didn't loose any) and as much of a good soul I am, I would like to at least be rewarded along with the people I helped get those parts...instead of getting absolutely nothing.

PS: This bug may have to do with the fact that I tried to use a relic acquired from a previous fissure run which was Survival, against Corpus. Specific Relic: Exeptional A-1

PS2 (not the console): The name of the relic also got bugged when selected, you know the usual ''Lotus/something/something/something''

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

i came across a weird bug after war within update.every now and then game can do host migration happening thing.but no one leaves the mission, i know it because i play with my friends.after migration happens there are 2 things that happens.

1- i get kicked out of the game

2-i continue to play solo

i am aware game can kick you for having high ping but i have 75mbps connection so it is impossible

it has been a nightmare to enter missions. i always fear this thing will happen again

Still better that what happened to me.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/133249081657595406/1895CE691E3344C63521BE0826425149BF38814E/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to%3D*%2C*|1024%3A576&background-color=black

Before that we all got frozen then the host crashed, switched hosts and then I get that bug (frozen again), the original host came back after a while but everyone still was frozen. After the second host got tired of waiting we switched again to a third host and we still were frozen, then I pressed alt f4 recorded some footage with shadowplay and came here to rant a little bit. Get that stuff fixed plox.

Heh. At least you actually could progress.

Last endless fissure mission I did we ended up facing off against two utterly indestructible Detron Crewmen that had thankfully been disarmed.

We tried abilities, guns, airstrikes, sentry turrets, and melee finishers but nothing could kill them.

gg

4 hours ago, ReChicken95 said:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/133249081657595406/1895CE691E3344C63521BE0826425149BF38814E/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576&composite-to%3D*%2C*|1024%3A576&background-color=black

Before that we all got frozen then the host crashed, switched hosts and then I get that bug (frozen again), the original host came back after a while but everyone still was frozen. After the second host got tired of waiting we switched again to a third host and we still were frozen, then I pressed alt f4 recorded some footage with shadowplay and came here to rant a little bit. Get that stuff fixed plox.

Ouch...

1 hour ago, Keybopsef said:

Last endless fissure mission I did we ended up facing off against two utterly indestructible Detron Crewmen that had thankfully been disarmed.

We tried abilities, guns, airstrikes, sentry turrets, and melee finishers but nothing could kill them.

gg

Ya, sure I could progress...for no reason. Fissure missions are for getiing void traces, getting prime parts and more specifically in enless also getting more relics.

If I wanted to just farm recources and/or exp on an Earth Excavation...I would have just gone to Tikal.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

When I'm doing a relic defense mission and we get to a round where everyone including the host leaves I decide to stay the game freezes everything on screen after they leave. I can still open chat and all, but I cant move and none of the monsters spawn and I have to quit out the mission to move again.

8 hours ago, Tonychamp03 said:

When I'm doing a relic defense mission and we get to a round where everyone including the host leaves I decide to stay the game freezes everything on screen after they leave. I can still open chat and all, but I cant move and none of the monsters spawn and I have to quit out the mission to move again.

i have a simillar problem check this one 

I also encounter a similar issue where the host migration caused the game to completely crash in endless missions

Steps to reproduce:

• Start an endless relic mission
  • Complete one relic (In the one I encountered, this was 5 waves of defense)
  • Have host choose extract, someone else choose battle

Whoever picked "Battle" will crash, consuming their relics AND removing all of their drops AND none of the xp gets recorded.

I'm so livid right now...

23 hours ago, Keybopsef said:

gg

Man, those Corpus are very quick at adapting to Riven mods...

Hey guys, I merged all related threads here. We're looking into the issue with host migration in Endless Relic missions. That's a real nasty bug so we're hoping to squash it as soon as we can.  

Edit: We were able to reproduce the bug! A fix will be in the works. Thanks for reporting! 

Edited by [DE]Danielle

I do have a question for you all as well! 

It's possible that if you saw the screen saying "you cracked it, pick your prize", you have received your reward even if you crashed. Can anyone confirm that they have the rewards they picked in their inventories? 

Thank you! 

I can confirm that I got my Forma BP and 2x Dakra BP. I just lost regular mission drops, interception wave rewards and xp and focus from mission.

It was just before recent hotfix.

Edited by Ramrr

3 hours ago, Ramrr said:

I can confirm that I got my Forma BP and 2x Dakra BP. I just lost regular mission drops, interception wave rewards and xp and focus from mission.

It was just before recent hotfix.

Wonderful! That helps us a lot, thanks for replying. We know where to look now to get this fix rolling. 

Is there any chance of us getting missions rewards from these bugged missions? I was doing a void fissure defence mission and we were on 35th wave but the host left at the last mili-second for whatever reason.

I've lost all of my relics used and am quite sure (but not 100% sure) I didnt get any prime parts from the mission but what was most frusturating for me was the fact that I didnt get any void traces from that missions (which was the main reason why I did the mission in the first place).

Also, focus earned from the mission was kept for sure.

Edited by The-Aurora

On 17/11/2016 at 6:24 AM, ReChicken95 said:

Same happened to me. I got Nova prime chassis after 4 relics. I have no choice but to buy the part. I hope this gets fixed.

I've made two tickets from the issue as well, lost every relic reward for those two occasions when the migration glitch happened. Today I got the glitch after just one excavation interval and promptly shut down the game :sad:. I hope this gets fixed soon. I much much prefer the endless stuff over jumping to the star map and back every few minutes.