Melee Suggestions

Zebiko

Suggested Melee changes:

-Have the melee stance active while holding primary or secondary weapon.

-Have E key and Q key for light and strong hits.

-Create or convert melee combos using E and Q keys.

-Move Q (Item popup) to TAB key.

-Move TAB (Quick progress window) to T key.

-Pressing F key only switches between primary and secondary weapons, no need to hold the key anymore.

These changes would make melee fun to use, quicker to switch from primary and secondary, and take away the clunky nature of melee.

Anyone agree or disagree or have something to add/take away?

I agree that the melee system needs to be refined.  Melee combos should replace quick attack on weapons with a stance equipped.  It shouldn't be necessary to equip your melee weapon to access melee combos or to channel.  Take it a step further and make channeling a toggle for all weapon types.  Primary, secondary, and melee.

I might even take it a yet another step further and remove blocking from the game.  But then DE would have to rework/remove a number of mods that involve blocking.  Honestly my fellow tennos, how often do you equip your melee weapon, and then how often do you use block?  And of those players, how many channel while blocking in order to use melee counters? 

I'd assume counters are not a widely used mechanic in a game where most enemies die in one shot.

20 hours ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

That would make it to EZ. You could get life strike and there would be no point in using melee only.

Nerf the effectiveness of life strike and make sure it's only affecting melee hits?

I never use channeling, and never use the combos as intended (just spam the E key). I'm guessing most players are the same. I would suggest to remove channeling and all mods associated with it. Otherwise it will need a dedicated button, like the Middle Mouse Button.

Warframe is a mainly a horde mode or mass slaughter of enemies type of game, and that's not a bad thing.  It's like Dynasty Warriors in space, but with worse melee combat.

On 17/11/2016 at 6:48 PM, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

I agree that the melee system needs to be refined.  Melee combos should replace quick attack on weapons with a stance equipped.  It shouldn't be necessary to equip your melee weapon to access melee combos or to channel.  Take it a step further and make channeling a toggle for all weapon types.  Primary, secondary, and melee.

I might even take it a yet another step further and remove blocking from the game.  But then DE would have to rework/remove a number of mods that involve blocking.  Honestly my fellow tennos, how often do you equip your melee weapon, and then how often do you use block?  And of those players, how many channel while blocking in order to use melee counters? 

I'd assume counters are not a widely used mechanic in a game where most enemies die in one shot.

Don't remove block. It makes your character look really cool when you deflect energy attack. 

Edited by (PS4)CaptainIMalik