Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Reward System Question

PR1D3

Question

With the new changes to sorties introduced in TWW there's one aspect I'm still questioning. In the old system there was a system set to where you wouldn't get duplicates in a single season and thus be able to better acquire certain items. The whole green check off on the list of sortie rewards. With the season system done away are we now back to the full mercy of the RNG system when it comes to reward drops? 6 Days straight of the lowest Endo payout is driving me crazy.

23 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Proxykon said:

To answer your question, yes, it is completely random again what you are going to get and you have no chance at controlling it through any means.

Just now, ChasePanic said:

Yeah all I have received for the past 5 days is 2k endo. If it comes out that this is a bug, I fully expect to be compensated for wasted time. I'm officially done now until this is changed.

So yeah, whoever said that Endo and lenses aren't diluting the chances of getting the Legendary Core in Sorties, they are diluting the drop chance. Even if the respective items have their own categorized drop percentages, lenses and Endo becoming repeatable drops are still diluting player chances at getting the grand prize.

On 11/16/2016 at 1:44 PM, Raven212Cz said:

Fellow RNG Slaves Tenno with TWW we got changes in Sortie missions - No seasons and daily reward reset. Im sure you noticed "slight" increase in amount of Endo rewards and because drop tables were moved serverside we can't even look at actual chances. 

Because of that Sortie reward survey was created - with sufficient amount of data we can (roughly) determine drop chances for different rewards. 

As of now we got data from 323 Sortie runs and drop chances arent looking exactly aluring.

• 2000 of Endo have 53% chance to drop.
  • Focus Lens have 20% chance to drop.
  • Riven Mod have 19% chance to drop.
  • 4000 of Endo have 3% chance to drop.
  • Orokin Catalyst have 2% chance to drop.
  • Exilus Adaptor have 2% chance to drop.
  • Legendary Core have 1% chance to drop.
  • Orokin Reactor have 1% chance to drop.

I personally think it's 50% for small Endo 20% for Lens/Riven and 2% per item for rest.

This gives you roughly 70% chance to get basically nothing as Lenses and Endo are worthless for most of the players which run Sorties. So I propose change - replace 2K of Endo with 2k Kuva and split chance to drop with 4K of Endo, so both of them  will have 26% to drop. I know it isnt much and it's only Bad-aid but its still better then getting 2K of Endo constantly and Sorties need some filler drop. 

Feedback would be appreciated, if you want to help here is a link to survey.

Thank you for your patience.

A Zenurik lens and twice the lowest Endo was all I got. DE needs to sort it out in a manner akin* to this concept of mine:

Sortie missions should be locked individually according to rewards (in spoilers):

Spoiler

MISSION 1 | MR4: Reactor/Catalyst, Endo.

MISSION 2 | Second Dream: Lenses of all kinds, and Exilus. Previous rewards roll separately, but are given after completion of all accessible missions.

MISSION 3 | War Within: Legendary mod core, 3000 Kuva, Riven Mod, Reactor+Catalyst (blueprint versions). Previous rewards still come separately, but will only be awarded once Mission 3 is complete via a Sortie Completion message in the inbox from the respective boss, ashamed of their failure.

Completing 3 Sorties within a given week will provide another rollout of rewards from a small loot table:

Spoiler

Reactor+Catalyst blueprints, Riven Mod, a pair of Focus Lenses, or just 1500 Kuva, 

Completing up to 4 additional Sorties within that week will grant you additional rewards from the loot table, beyond just one thing:

Bonus: A Prime set of a Prime that isn't owned and isn't vaulted or confirmed to be immanently vaulted, or a Wraith/Vandal equivalent that isn't owned.

*This is but a concept that can be altered, and would feel more consistently rewarding based on effort rather than what can only be called 'junk' for 3 60 to 150 enemy-level missions with modifiers that may make it neigh-impossible for most.

4 x lenses 2 x 2k endo thanks a lot for reworking a system to make it worse yet again.

Ranttime:

At this time im actually wondering if DE even playtests their stuff thoroughly or just go in for 5 minutes and think to themselves yeah thats cool our endgame players gonna love it.

Anyways if you have an internal testteam kick them out and get some actual endgame players (mr21+ with atleast 1500 hours) to do their job.
Sure you can always use the excuse that the game is in beta and relies on the players testing the new systems but if you're working on said system for 6 months and dont even see these obvious problems, well idk what to say...

You're saying sorties are endgame content then make it endgame just mrblock it already and remove these useless rewards no endgame player wants or needs. (Lenses/Endo)
I've been playing this game for 3+ years now, got 100 mil creds, 350k endo and 4 focus trees done. So y throw more of the stuff i've already maxed at me, I want the new goodies or atleast something thats useful for me (catalysts/reactors/etc).

Other possibilities:

- Bring back the checking off system for lenses
- Give us players the ability to tick off the items we dont want: every 10 mr you get one tick which means mr20+ doesnt have to worry about lenses or endo.

Tl;dr: New sortie system sucks and is for everyone but endgame players

18 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

A Zenurik lens and twice the lowest Endo was all I got. DE needs to sort it out in a manner akin* to this concept of mine:

Sortie missions should be locked individually according to rewards (in spoilers):

Hide contents

MISSION 1 | MR4: Reactor/Catalyst, Endo.

MISSION 2 | Second Dream: Lenses of all kinds, and Exilus. Previous rewards roll separately, but are given after completion of all accessible missions.

MISSION 3 | War Within: Legendary mod core, 3000 Kuva, Riven Mod, Reactor+Catalyst (blueprint versions). Previous rewards still come separately, but will only be awarded once Mission 3 is complete via a Sortie Completion message in the inbox from the respective boss, ashamed of their failure.

Completing 3 Sorties within a given week will provide another rollout of rewards from a small loot table:

Hide contents

Reactor+Catalyst blueprints, Riven Mod, a pair of Focus Lenses, or just 1500 Kuva, 

Completing up to 4 additional Sorties within that week will grant you additional rewards from the loot table, beyond just one thing:

Bonus: A Prime set of a Prime that isn't owned and isn't vaulted or confirmed to be immanently vaulted, or a Wraith/Vandal equivalent that isn't owned.

*This is but a concept that can be altered, and would feel more consistently rewarding based on effort rather than what can only be called 'junk' for 3 60 to 150 enemy-level missions with modifiers that may make it neigh-impossible for most.

I saw you post this in another thread. I would gladly go for this system. To have TWW to access the Sorties is a bit brutal, then give mediocre rewards that can barely do anything to players who probably have a good bit of great gear as the overwhelmingly common drop. I know people say they need endo but for some of the stuff we need to level the 2k drop 50% of the time and getting the 4k when the planets aligns is just insulting. Each sortie level dropping items that are useful and relavant to their point the progression would be great.

On 11/17/2016 at 2:12 PM, PR1D3 said:

With the new changes to sorties introduced in TWW there's one aspect I'm still questioning. In the old system there was a system set to where you wouldn't get duplicates in a single season and thus be able to better acquire certain items. The whole green check off on the list of sortie rewards. With the season system done away are we now back to the full mercy of the RNG system when it comes to reward drops? 6 Days straight of the lowest Endo payout is driving me crazy.

It was never like that. Duplicates were just replaced with cores/endo if the box was checked off. It was actually a reward nerf because instead of spare parts to sell, you would get endo. 

Edited by Hypernaut1