General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

(SPOILER) After 19.0.4 using Void Dash with a gamepad is delayed

VerinESC

From a little testing it seems that with a gamepad you must be fully void-cloaked to use void dash which feels strange as on keyboard void dash and bullet jumps are instantaneous as long as the right buttons are pressed and bullet jumping on a gamepad feels the same as with a keyboard. 

This may have something to do with what qualifies as "Crouched" with a keyboard it has a specific button so is instant however with "Hold Crouch" perhaps it waits till you are actually "Crouched" to allow the void dash.

It feels a little strange after farming for Kuva last week without a gamepad but I much prefer a gamepad, even with all of the missing support that I really hope gets addressed on the PC version eventually

Controls were working fully in steam BPM before TWW.

Can also confirm void dash works if you hold LB instead of tapping. 

Unable to activate focus as holding RB just brings up the power selection wheel.

Also I have found that LB now makes you ascend.      .

Edited by ARANDOMGENT

53 minutes ago, ARANDOMGENT said:

Controls were working fully in steam BPM before TWW.

Can also confirm void dash works if you hold LB instead of tapping. 

Unable to activate focus as holding RB just brings up the power selection wheel.

Also I have found that LB now makes you ascend.      .

Not had any of that as don't use steam BPM, bullet jumps are instant with tapping LB and jump, same with void dash on a keyboard, just isn't instant for void dash on gamepad for me. I also don't use the radial and use left/right dpad for selecting powers so the hold RB works for me now. DE need to take a good look at the gamepad support for PC, even a copy pasted format from the console versions would be fine for me

1 hour ago, VerinESC said:

Not had any of that as don't use steam BPM, bullet jumps are instant with tapping LB and jump, same with void dash on a keyboard, just isn't instant for void dash on gamepad for me. I also don't use the radial and use left/right dpad for selecting powers so the hold RB works for me now. DE need to take a good look at the gamepad support for PC, even a copy pasted format from the console versions would be fine for me

Bullet jumping still works as normal, I also select powers via dPad but holding RB brings up the power selection wheel.

Should have made it clearer but by ascend I meant in archwing, also the afterburners no longer work in archwing.

Couldn't agree more with the controller support though, let hope DE listen as someone at pax mentioned it and Steve and he seemed interested.

We've had two hot fixed mention controller improvements but it doesn't seem to be any better.

Edited by ARANDOMGENT

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2016 at 11:57 PM, ARANDOMGENT said:

Bullet jumping still works as normal, I also select powers via dPad but holding RB brings up the power selection wheel.

Should have made it clearer but by ascend I meant in archwing, also the afterburners no longer work in archwing.

Couldn't agree more with the controller support though, let hope DE listen as someone at pax mentioned it and Steve and he seemed interested.

We've had two hot fixed mention controller improvements but it doesn't seem to be any better.

I just would love (and expect if I'm honest) the same support that the console versions have, the mapping is already done, the code has already been done once and just needs t be translated over assuming it can't be easily ported. Somehow it seems rather unfair that as a gamepad user I get only half the support and no idea when it is going to be fixed. DE staff have shown interest in a lot of things, sadly I won't believe that gamepad support will be fixed until it already has been.

Perhaps it's because I've been here for a while now and I have seen the patterns or maybe I'm becoming jaded, either way I'm still gonna keep pestering them about it