Riven Mod Suggestion: One less RNG

Colyeses

Currently, to get the Riven Mod you want, you have to hope to get one from the Sortie (Once a day), then hope it's one for a weapon you like, then hope it's got good stats or rerolls well.

That's way too much RNG and not enough player control. So my suggestion is to have the weapon the mod attunes to be determined by what the veiled mod is slotted into when doing the challenge. That takes out one of the RNG barriers and can make these things a lot more straightforward and engaging.

+1 To your idea

12 minutes ago, --Q--DeineMudda said:

I agree. +1

We need a way to FARM them. I dont care how bad the grind is, but one chance per day is really Crap!

Beware what you ask, it can end like farming Nitain, a light of false hope.

A weekly mission, with a guaranted Riven mod would be good. 

I really don't want it tied to the weapon used.  I want them to be random so I'm inspired to retry something I might not normally use.  Also, not all weapons are equally useful for completing the challenges.  I mean, today I had to get 19 kills while wall latching or wall hopping and without touching the ground.  I went with Loki for the extended wall latching and decoy then fired a Tonkor into the crowding Infested but I don't want a Tonkor mod, I only used it to get the challenge done as easily as I could.

1 hour ago, Colyeses said:

[Riven binds to weapon it's mounted on]

Wrong kind of suggestion, but also right kind of suggestion.

Here's my wishes for Rivens:

Spoiler

-Unbind them from SPECIFIC weapons, but make it so the mod can only be equipped on weapons that have, say, less than 15 Critical Chance.

The mod will effectively restrict what you can use it on based on simple things such as clip size (un-modded weapon clip cannot exceed 150), instead of saying that it's for a Snipetron (which is unobtainable, except through trade chatting for it's Vandal, which is likely to be unavailable).

-Introduce an alternative means to obtain Riven mods than suffering the devoid-of-rewards Sorties.

If you (DE) want more feedback, you need to make them more accessible. Teshin should provide us a series of missions; one as a challenge (i.e: Kill Sentients, defeat Stalker 5 times, etc... ), the second is a timed 'Kuva rush' minigame set in Kela's Arena, where Kela challenges the Tenno to see how much Kuva they can grab before the timer reaches 0, the third would unlock after completing the last two, and will reward a Riven and Conclave reputation.

11 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

-Unbind them from SPECIFIC weapons, but make it so the mod can only be equipped on weapons that have, say, less than 15 Critical Chance.

This is dumb and wont help anyone... The simulor for example has 10%krit chance but modded for crit its a beast weapon so.. Bad, really bad suggestion.

11 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

defeat Stalker 5 times, etc.

More RNG isnt possible man. No thanks please stop it.

17 hours ago, Colyeses said:

So my suggestion is to have the weapon the mod attunes to be determined by what the veiled mod is slotted into when doing the challenge.

Unfortunately it's already been confirmed by the developers that they do not want this to happen at all, and for good reason. If this were possible, the market would be flooded with Tonkor and Simulor mods than we already have. Being able to choose the weapon that it rolls on, while a nice way to reduce the RNG, is actually pretty game breaking.

16 hours ago, Sintag said:

A weekly Riven mission from Teshin would aid in easing the grind so much

This makes much more sense to me. You can quite easily go a whole week, maybe even two weeks, without getting any Rivens from sorties if you get some bad luck. It cuts out the first hurdle in the Riven lottery - actually obtaining one in the first place. One guaranteed Riven each week would not break the system, and it would still take you 14 more weeks to reach the current cap if you only did a weekly Riven quest.

well .. this would make those who already bought zarr or tonkor riven mod with 1k plat cried and rage quit warframe .... so despite how good the design could be, DE already missed the change to implement this.

May be their intention was never for us to choose which weapon from the beginning, but give us a reason to try weaps we normally dont care.