Jump to content

[spoiler TWW] pls buff the operator


Soketsu
 Share

Recommended Posts

I know there are plenty of stuff to buff, way more important but right now, why should I play a charater with no shield, only 100 hp (& when he die I lose all my energy) ?

why as the operator I've only 100 hp (and no armor it's seem to be) & 0 shield when an hostage only lvl 20 got nearly 200 hp 200 shield , 400hp 400sp lvl 38 ? I mean, is a prisonner (with no power ok... but at least with a weapon when a tenno decide to give one and a personnal shield), but our operator can't equip any personnal shield ?

And later equip a weapon like the syndicate guys, in addition (instead) of his (weak) beam who drain valuable energy ?

 

Edited by Soketsu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem is, as it stands there's really no reason to use your operator, aside from destroying siphons. Before DE goes adjusting the operators' power level, they need to figure out what operators are for.

But overall, yeah, I'd like to see them be a little more useful. Maybe just buff the amount of energy they have available, so they can stealth for more than 10-15 yards or void leap more than 3x in a row.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

The problem is, as it stands there's really no reason to use your operator, aside from destroying siphons. Before DE goes adjusting the operators' power level, they need to figure out what operators are for.

But overall, yeah, I'd like to see them be a little more useful. Maybe just buff the amount of energy they have available, so they can stealth for more than 10-15 yards or void leap more than 3x in a row.

I agree. I don't think they should have shields or anything unless they go around in a mech or something, though; that's what the warframes are for.. But I do wish they were a bit more useful in missions and stuff, aside from kuva guardians and the siphons and such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Richtor2415 said:

I agree. I don't think they should have shields or anything unless they go around in a mech or something, though; that's what the warframes are for.. But I do wish they were a bit more useful in missions and stuff, aside from kuva guardians and the siphons and such.

The main problem I got right now is that the grineer faction are the one who might force you to use the operator directly,

AND

95% of their weapons are histscan, meaning that if you go out in a area a little exposed, you get shot, and let's be honnest, 100 hp against lvl 30-40, where can die quite quickly by ranged grineers attacks, when you spend your time (and operator energy) dodging the guards attack, + stoping the kurva harvest since in addition of to be that vulnerable, you're not mobile as in a warframe.

Edited by Soketsu
mixing languages --'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Soketsu said:

you're not mobile as in a warframe.

This is my biggest problem with using Operator mode. You're slow, you can't parkour and Void Dash requires energy. Make the Operator move faster even without parkour and the attacks stronger or have a CC effect on enemies. This way it's a greater return in using them while still keeping them high risk with the low health.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JalakBali said:

This is my biggest problem with using Operator mode. You're slow, you can't parkour and Void Dash requires energy. Make the Operator move faster even without parkour and the attacks stronger or have a CC effect on enemies. This way it's a greater return in using them while still keeping them high risk with the low health.

Yeah an high risk/reward system (a glass canon like or something like this) that could be use in high level mission but not being so vulnerable  ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It feels odd right now that the focus schools, which had so much to do with our operators earlier, don't have any particular effect on them now with transference. Maybe a buff to them by adding some passive benefits to investment in focus skills? So for investing in zenurik you do get more energy or faster energy regen, madurai increases damage, vazarin gives you more health, unairu increases armor, and something something naramon(I dunno what would fit since the opperator can't melee).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like we are missing the point though. The whole reasoning behind it is that the operator IS vulnerable. Wasn't that the entire point that the queens themselves made with their dialog? Yes you have a great power within you, but that is the entire point of the warframe. It protects your vulnerable self, you harness your power through the frames to protect yourself. You only expose yourself in the most extreme of circumstances as a last resort.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Coaa said:

I feel like we are missing the point though. The whole reasoning behind it is that the operator IS vulnerable. Wasn't that the entire point that the queens themselves made with their dialog? Yes you have a great power within you, but that is the entire point of the warframe. It protects your vulnerable self, you harness your power through the frames to protect yourself. You only expose yourself in the most extreme of circumstances as a last resort.

oh, I absolutely agree with you, I wasn't talking about very large buffs at all. I just thought it would be an interesting way to make them slightly more survivable for experienced players, who by definition tend to both do more difficult content and have more of the different focus schools unlocked, as well as bringing some more meaning to the focus schools for this new mechanic. I mean, if completely maxing out vazarin means your operator has 200 health instead of 100 they're still going to be very fragile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since the Operator uses Void Energy, why not make them extremely powerful to the Sentients? Sure you could just now press 5 and spam energy but at least it gives us more incentive to use them. Maybe give them something some kind of power-up that will make them more durable on the battlefield like increased health or something like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sartactics said:

Since the Operator uses Void Energy, why not make them extremely powerful to the Sentients? Sure you could just now press 5 and spam energy but at least it gives us more incentive to use them. Maybe give them something some kind of power-up that will make them more durable on the battlefield like increased health or something like that.

Operator actually removes Shadow Stalker and Sentient resistances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

The problem is, as it stands there's really no reason to use your operator, aside from destroying siphons. Before DE goes adjusting the operators' power level, they need to figure out what operators are for.

But overall, yeah, I'd like to see them be a little more useful. Maybe just buff the amount of energy they have available, so they can stealth for more than 10-15 yards or void leap more than 3x in a row.

When the operator first appeared a lot of people didn't like the idea and it seems that DE still have no real direction for this innovation. Many, myself included, didn't and still don't like our Warframes to be downgraded to just shells.

I have yet to, if ever, finish the War Within Quest, so don't know the new position of gameplay, as in, can we just carry on with our frames and leave the operator out of it ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Soketsu said:

The main problem I got right now is that the grineer faction are the one who might force you to use the operator directly,

AND

95% of their weapons are histscan, meaning that if you go out in a area a little exposed, you get shot, and let's be honnest, 100 hp against lvl 30-40, where can die quite quickly by ranged grineers attacks, when you spend your time (and operator energy) dodging the guards attack, + stoping the kurva harvest since in addition of to be that vulnerable, you're not mobile as in a warframe.

I completely agree. I think an armor/health buff is in order, but lore-wise they don't need shields or the like. I know you never said they should have shields(as far as I read, anyway), it's just an extra opinion thrown in there by myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Richtor2415 said:

I completely agree. I think an armor/health buff is in order, but lore-wise they don't need shields or the like. I know you never said they should have shields(as far as I read, anyway), it's just an extra opinion thrown in there by myself.

yep, just wanted that we can survive (just for 5-10 ec) while in operator even if we have to do complete the kurva mission + regular mission at least, so any way to avoid taking free damage from hitscan weapon (and dying eventually) could be great ^^

Edited by Soketsu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Things the Operator sorely need in the short-term view of things is the ability to perform an evasive roll, a crouch, and a slide when they don't have the power to use Void mode. As for long term, they will need some form of progression system to level up and gain stats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...