Give Nekros unique models for his SotD shadows

motorfirebox

I think Nekros should have unique models for his SotD shadows, instead of just reskinning models of the enemies being raised. The reskinned models are too confusing to other players; it's almost impossible to tell them apart from actual enemies unless you stop and look closely, which there usually isn't time to do. Plus, as a Nekros player, I just think it'd be cooler to be followed around by a pack of Tenno-stylized ghosts, skeletons, and zombies.

I disagree that they need unique models - he is supposed to be raising the dead, after all, but I agree that the effect needs to be changed. I find that the issue I run into most is telling them apart from Terrified enemies.

Instead of unique models, how about unique animations? Instead of running around like nothing happened, they shamble around reflecting the damage they took to become dead. Stuff like that (though you'd need something different for melee enemies).

Then people would have trouble identifying what enemies they raised, and they'd have to learn what looks like what. A lot things are confusing to newer players, what is that bubble that's collapsing on itself? Why are there vortexes everywhere and why can't I get kills? Why are all the enemies floating away all of a sudden?

Don't fix what ain't broke.

Creating unique models for every enemy we have will take a lot of time, but I would like to see more effects on them. Maybe a little transparency, maybe some black tentacle sprites around them. Anything to make them easier to distinguish from the enemies that aren't dead yet.

@DiabolusUrsus I don't think unique animations will make them identifiable enough at a glance, unless the animation is something completely nuts like having them all walk on their hands or something. I want to be able to look at a group of enemies and tell the Nekros shadows apart instantly. If I have to watch them for a few seconds to see which hand they scratch their butt with, it's not going to really help, y'know?

@Glitch_Kitten Is it really all that helpful/necessary to know exactly which enemies you've raised? I mean, you don't have any kind of control over them, and you don't have any choice in which enemies get raised. 

@Suncake and @TheLocalHentai I don't think there needs to be a unique model for each enemy, but I'm not sure a simple outline would be enough (though it'd help). My idea is to have just three shadow models: some kind of stitched-together golem for heavy enemies like gunners and ancients; a skeletal-looking model for regular units; and a ghostly spirit model for light/melee units like ospreys and butchers. Nice, simple, and appropriately Nekros-y.

Edited by motorfirebox