Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] Certain weapon stats not available in riven mods

TaylorsContraction

So based on the wiki, which may not necessarily be complete, right now riven mods cannot have the following bonuses.

Silencing effect [akin to hush]

Bonus damage on first shot [akin to charged / primed chamber]

Greater area of effect range [firestorm]

Chance to explode [thunderbolt, concealed explosivest, combustion beam]

Is there a reason why they were omitted from the realm of RNGesus? For example getting bonus damage on first shot with a large magazine reduction negative effect migth bring some weapons to 1 round, allowing for some intereseting builds. And silence is also nice along with aoe range. Or getting the thunderbolt effect on a high fire rate rifle. It may not do a lot of damage but you're going to be unloading a lot of these micro-explosives, maybe they'll be usefull in such a scenario. I feel like these effects in particular would change how players might approach a weapon build, as opposed to just slapping on crit / crit damage + damage.

SIlencing effect would be harder to scale with 8 levels of the mod.

Bonus damage on first shot only works for snipers, and those are rifle mods that fit a generic rifle.

The same as previous.

The same as previous.

And check this thread, the changes are coming.

More stats that only benefit a very small amount of weapons would make the whole RNG mess even worse. I mean + to area of effect is basically useless for everything that isn't a launcher type weapon. And I'm sure no one would be happy getting a Cernos/Dread riven mod with "hush" either.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

5 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

More stats that only benefit a very small amount of weapons would make the whole RNG mess even worse. I mean + to area of effect is basically useless for everything that isn't a launcher type weapon. And I'm sure no one would be happy getting a Cernos/Dread riven mod with "hush" either.

That's what rerolls are for, it's like getting +100% slash damage for the synapse. If DE plans to add a filter to omit stats from weapons that are not affected by them, then even better.

5 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

That's what rerolls are for, it's like getting +100% slash damage for the synapse. If DE plans to add a filter to omit stats from weapons that are not affected by them, then even better.

You do not understand. It's about probability and chances. There are already a lot of possible stats in there that are useless for a lot of weapons. Adding more of those will make it worse. Those would multiply the chances to get useless stat bonuses for weapons.

Think of adding even more different lenses and endo rewards to the sortie reward tables. Your idea would kinda have the same effect to the chances to roll a decent riven mod.