(TWW spoiler) Should 'they' be buffed?

More-L

Not intended to be click bait, just didn't want to have a spoiler in the title. Anyway, another day, another bug I found for operator's. 

But that isn't this posts only point. I have a question, should operator's, at some point (through a leveling system, through focus, w/e) become somewhat viable to solely use for a mission? And if so, what kind of buff's would they need?

Now, you can obviously use them in level 1-10 or even 20+ using stealth tactics (or even higher if done properly) but it clearly wasn't intended for that use.

My personal opinion is the obvious, a speed/parkour buff, an energy pool/power buff and a survivability buff. How about you guys?

The inherent problem with the operator is that they are completely pointless - something that is utterly inexcusable considering how much buildup it was getting during TWW. I mean seriously, the warframe is better in literally every way. Better mobility, better survivability, better dps, aoe ults, a vastly superior melee, faster, more fluid to use.
And if they can't outperform the warframe in some area, then they should serve some other purpose - perhaps optional areas or objectives in a mission, or something akin to that.

Edited by bowiespoon

1 minute ago, bowiespoon said:

The inherent problem with the operator is that they are completely pointless - something that is utterly inexcusable considering how much buildup it was getting during TWW. I mean seriously, the warframe is better in literally every way. Better mobility, better survivability, better dps, aoe attacks, a vastly superior melee, faster, more fluid to use.
And if they can't outperform the warframe in some area, then they should serve some other purpose - perhaps optional areas or objectives in a mission, or something akin to that.

Not sure if this counts, but you have to use your operator to gather kuva from the siphon's and also to disarm the guards that spawn. We get an inidcation that only operator's/ the queens and their siphon's can interact with kuva from this 'mechanic' so I guess the operator is 100% necessary in this situation?

At the very least, the operators shouldn't be so darned squishy, regardless of how much sense it makes.

Activate operator mode, get instantly hit by one single stray bullet and BAM, get forced back into warframe mode.

It isn't any fun at all, if you ask me.

Edited by NativeKiller

the way i see it there are 3 problems with operators 

1) there extremely weak with only 100 hp a level 5 runner can kill them in just a few hits

2) there energy pull is very small making it hard to use any of their abilities more than a few times or for more then a few seconds

3) they are very slow even when running and although they can yous there void dash to cover distance more quickly that still suffers from the 2nd problem about energy

my suggestion is first off they should get a speed buff if only a small one just to make it easier to get away from danger as for the hp and energy problem it would be nice to see some kind of leveling system added that would increase these maybe even add the ability to get and yous mods for the operator that would buff energy and hp 

2 minutes ago, schilds said:

Our frame's are our operator's weapons, why would the operator be more powerful?

While I somewhat agree with that point, if that was truly the case then why do we even get the ability to leave our warframe and go into a 'vulnerable' state?

30 minutes ago, schilds said:

Our frame's are our operator's weapons, why would the operator be more powerful?

In that case, why should D.E force us to use the operators in combat?

Is there any reason that D.E really needed us to use the operators in order to obtain Kuva?

It's not like the operator is really actually useful for much else.

Edited by NativeKiller

Just now, More-L said:

Not sure if this counts, but you have to use your operator to gather kuva from the siphon's and also to disarm the guards that spawn. We get an inidcation that only operator's/ the queens and their siphon's can interact with kuva from this 'mechanic' so I guess the operator is 100% necessary in this situation?

Yeah and after you're done farming kuva then there's no use for them at all, unless you want to mess around while leaving your frame open to attack and without energy.

That's like asking "why does DE give us a screwdriver".

DE creates both the tools and the problems they're meant to solve.

Our frames are the primary tool of combat. There's no reason DE can't come up with different problems to solve with the other tools our operator has.

Edited by schilds

Just now, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Yeah and after you're done farming kuva then there's no use for them at all, unless you want to mess around while leaving your frame open to attack and without energy.

I wasn't trying to make a point that this single situation means that nothing should change, I was just giving a counter-arguement to some of what bowiespoon said. I personally used my operator to do then entire second dream (aside from the sentient fighters) where I found a funny bug during one of the cutsecene's solely because I wanted an alternate playstyle, which the operator form could change in to.

Mainly posted this to see the other-side against this suggestion.

I think they should just remove the energy poll, or make it so that only "Void Mode" uses it, the rest is underwhelming anyway, just give them individual cooldowns instead at least? (So that you can use your immediate dash reserves and still be able to deal damage/turn invisible.

6 minutes ago, Rounpositron said:

Teach me how you make them so fast.

Find an area where your head hits a roof and you can't jump very high, spam jump like crazy and move around a bit. Eventually you'll get 'stuck' in the pose you see in the video and so long as you keep spamming jump you should keep the momentum

7 minutes ago, schilds said:

7 minutes ago, schilds said:

That's like asking "why does DE give us a screwdriver".

DE creates both the tools and the problems they're meant to solve.

Because the Tenno essentially power the Warframes using their void energy. The Warframes are just a refinement of the power into a more controlled state. The Tenno are supposed to be powerful beings with uncontrollable amounts of energy that the Orokin feared when they first encountered them.

Right now, they have only two uses, and there is such a high risk and such a low reward for using them. Their low HP indicates that maybe they can be a glass cannon, but their damage is too low. You can use them for stealth, but your warframe is left unguarded and can still be killed when you are out of the suit.

They are not like being a screwdriver, since a screwdriver doesn't really have any negative side effects to using. It's more like being handed a car running on nuclear power. It can function, but its reliability is low and there is a chance of it blowing up in your face.

29 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

That's the main thing I don't like when your operator dies you loose all your energy plus when out of the warframe enemies can still damage it.

57 minutes ago, More-L said:

Disarming guards and dashing into kuva clouds is nothing more, but forced mechanic. Unless I missed it, there is no expanation why only void dash can do it. 

Our operator's aren't the tools. The screwdriver/hammer/etc is their dash/blast/frame/focus/etc.

The Tenno have been described as dangerous and lacking in control without the frames, not necessarily stronger.

One of the questions that has not been fully answered is what the frames are to our operators: limiter, prison, weapon, something else, or a combination of all of these?

Edited by schilds

37 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

That's the main thing I don't like when your operator dies you loose all your energy plus when out of the warframe enemies can still damage it.

Pretty sure this feeling is universal.

But what gripes me the most is that the effects of our powers vanish after we get out of the Warframe: Iron Skin, Invisibility, Turbulance... all lose effect when you get out.

37 minutes ago, schilds said:

One of the questions that has not been fully answered is what the frames are to our operators: limiter, prison, weapon, something else, or a combination of all of these?

I'd have to say all of the above with the exception of limiter. And as for prison, I don't really think it's a prison in the physical sense.

People beg literally for months and months, basically as soon as we got the operator, for us to able to move around as the operator.  This was amplified with the lunaro video, and yet when it finally happens, all people can do is complain about it.

Operator has one purpose right now, if you don't think that purpose is worthwhile, don't freaking do it, not difficult.  Never tap 5 again.  It is pretty fraking obvious there is more in store for the operator in the future.  Does no one have patience anymore?

We haven't even gotten into the infested door, which SPOILER ordis out and out said "Now you can help me with that infested door!"

Gosh. I wouldn't want to call a good chunk of this community whiners, but... well... if the salt fits...

What sort of tool and object is depends on who is using it and how. Restraints may become support. A crutch becomes an extra limb. A vehicle may foster laziness or enable greater movement. Or if we look to chemistry/biology we find many things that are usually poisonous, but beneficial in small doses.

Ok, now I'm sounding too much like a certain video game character, so I'll stop :-P.

Anyway, now that I think about it, it was the transference pod that was more the prison, with the Tenno kept hostage while they fought (using the frames) for the Orokin. The frames themselves were more a safety valve or an outlet for the energy you see when we activate our focus. You could say that what Margulis did was direct/limit the Tenno outpouring of energy to the valve, where before it was unleashed arbitrarily. The Orokin turned the frames into amplifiers and weapons.

Edited by schilds