Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space ninjas in SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Kyoryu

Okay, so.. I've had a lot of things on my mind, and it's beginning to get frustrating.

GUNS

Bolto: So, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thought of this, but shouldn't the Bolto have a crossbow skin? That's what it is, essentially. I think it'd be pretty freakin' sweet, and I'd definitely use it a lot more if we got that kind of re-skin.

Aklato: They got a re-skin in-game, but they haven't been changed in menues. I'm sure this has been addressed, but I was just looking at it and it came to mind. Just pointing it out.

Afuris/Furis: It eats ammo too quickly and doesn't do enough damage to really support that. It's difficult to use with or without mods in the sense that it isn't really too useful against anything. Possibly make it more potent? Not like Aklato-tier, but at least a little stronger to make it worth the effort or money.

MELEE

Dual Skana: Doesn't really offer anything aside from the ability to hit multiple enemies. I think it'd be cool if the base attack rate was doubled.

More dual weapons: There are so many sword and dagger variations. We could just take away the daggers really, unless they get some more advanced function like stronger Charge attacks, or back-stab damage.

Mid-Range Weapons: Something like a Chakram that you can throw for a very short distance that sort of boomerangs back to you would be pretty cool. It could have a higher attack rate, but low damage. (15~20-ish), with the Charge attack hitting multiple times? Just a thought.

FRAMES

I know that there's a possibility that level cap will increase past 30, as most things take about a day to cap, depending on the usefulness of the weapon. Since Frames are already getting 200 energy just from the base upgrade path, I'd like to see a nerf to some of the 100 Energy skills, and an addition of an "ultimate" skill of sorts, for 200 energy. The ultimate skills could give buffs to guns or melee, or simply deal a lot of outright damage. Or we could make THOSE the 100 Energy skills, and make the current 100 energy skills cost 200. I've been noticing that Ash, Volt, Mag, and possibly others just have to press 4 to win pretty much every situation. I don't really like that, and I'm sure others feel like it takes the challenge away as well.

GENERAL

With the addition of more weapons and Frames, I'd really like to see more variety in upgrade paths. Shotguns could maybe have +Multishot instead of Firing Rate, adding 10% more bullets per upgrade? Simple things like that would make it more worthwhile to use some guns that maybe aren't the greatest, so that there's more variety in play. I end up seeing A LOT of Gorgons and Snipetrons when I play, because those are basically two of the best weapons. I see a ton of Aklatos and Boltos because of the Fire-As-Fast-As-You-Can-Click and Armor Pierce abilities that they have. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it means that we don't have a chance to really enjoy other weapons because they're too similar, or lack that extra push to make the weapon into something amazing. I'm not saying "Make all guns better!" It's more like, make all guns more interesting. Give the Braton some cool gimmick aside from higher damage maybe. Perhaps it has more accuracy because of a +Accuracy upgrade path?

I know a lot of these ideas have been discussed before. I just felt like I should compile my own list of things that I feel should really be in the game. Again, this is all personal opinion. I encourage people to post their own desires as well. I look forward to /hopefully/ reading them all.

Furis/Afuris are short range bullet hoses. They actually do alot of damage quickly with decent mods at close range where you can train fire on a elite enemy or boss.

Rhino and Excalibur can just spam 1 to win just about any situation and their damage doesn't appear to suffer penalties vs certain factions or enemies like most of the other frames you mentioned pressing 4. Volt does nothing to infested ancients. Mag's crush damage is reduced vs heavy armor and since heavy armor damage reduction increases as enemy level increases when you get to pluto it wont even kill a normal grineer grunt unless you use a power damage mod. From observations ember seems to not be so effective against grineer or corpus mechs. Ash's 4 sounds like its simply a chain teleport that strikes with a normal melee attack.

Frames could do with diversification of upgrade tree's and their base stats.

Guns could do a little with this as well. However they don't really need to be gimmicky.

Furis/Afuris are short range bullet hoses. They actually do alot of damage quickly with decent mods at close range where you can train fire on a elite enemy or boss.

Rhino and Excalibur can just spam 1 to win just about any situation and their damage doesn't appear to suffer penalties vs certain factions or enemies like most of the other frames you mentioned pressing 4. Volt does nothing to infested ancients. Mag's crush damage is reduced vs heavy armor and since heavy armor damage reduction increases as enemy level increases when you get to pluto it wont even kill a normal grineer grunt unless you use a power damage mod. From observations ember seems to not be so effective against grineer or corpus mechs. Ash's 4 sounds like its simply a chain teleport that strikes with a normal melee attack.

Frames could do with diversification of upgrade tree's and their base stats.

Guns could do a little with this as well. However they don't really need to be gimmicky.

Ash teleports around doing 1,000 to Grineers. I haven't tested against anything else, but it isn't based off of your melee weapon. The damage value was the same no matter which weapon I used, so I have to assume it's fixed.

Edit: I just tested it on Corpus. The damage was lower, using the same weapon. I must not have noticed a change, but it still one-shots everything that I've faced. Well over 800 damage, so I'm fairly certain there wouldn't be a problem in Pluto. Also, it seems to be random how many mobs it decides to strike. It could be based on the amount that are present when you use it, or it could just be up to the RNG goddess.

Edited by Kyoryu

By description it sounds like the jump range between targets on ash's 4 is limited. so its more of how saturated the group is as factor to how many targets you hit with it. I imagine a power range mod would probably increase that jump distance.

on Pacific, a defense mission, I was teleporting between everything across the map. The range is HUGE. Even if I started in one corner, I ended up on another.

Across the room in 1 jump or after a series of jumps.

well, back and forth around the room. I've done only two hits and teleported across the room. Even if it only has a limited range between enemies, most enemies are pretty close together anyway.

Edit: I will say, however, that the initial grab range is short.. Also, the skill is very buggy.

Edited by Kyoryu