Let us list "useless" abilities that need to be looked at

Trekiros

Power Creep is a thing, for better or for worse, and because of it a bunch of (usually old) abilities can be considered useless, or irrelevant. Let's list them so DE can take a look at them one day. I don't have all frames, so I'll need your help here. Especially if you have quick and easy solutions to make these relevant again.

Excalibur: Radial Javelin falls off in terms of damage pretty fast - around lvl 40 it's already pretty useless to cast. It also does a bit of CC (a guaranteed stagger), whic is good, but Radial Blind is strictly better in that aspect (lower energy cost, longer stun, and no limit on the amount of enemies which get CCed). The augment mod doesn't really sound worth it, but I haven't tested it. The rest of his kit is fine.

Nekros: Soul Punch. 600 damage is barely any good anymore. Perhaps make it finisher damage (it targets the soul, not the body, so why would armor be a factor?) or something along these lines, but it might still not be enough.

Nova: Null Star. The damage is barely even noticeable. I originally thought it would be like Amesha's drones, that the orbs would get hit for you. Looking back, that might have been a pretty good idea.

Nyx: Psychic Bolts is useful, but not in the way it was originally designed. I spam it to trigger Nyx's passive. I feel as though making it so the amount of projectiles scaled with power strength would be extremely cool: it would incentify building a power strength Nyx because more projectiles means more chances for the passive to proc. The augment mod is very good, but it doesn't seem to function all the time though.

Vauban: Tesla. I tried building a Tesla-focused Vauban, and it didn't go well. The game would crash before I could reach a decent DPS because I needed so many Teslas. I say, limit the amount of Teslas which can be there at any given time, but increase the base damage.

Frames I have, but don't know enough about to tell: Ash, Titania, Volt, Inaros

Frames I have, but couldn't find a useless ability on (good work on those DE, ayy): Rhino, Mesa, Ivara

Just now, AXCrusnik said:

It's not really invincibility... you simply remove threats through isolation. Isolation with energy regen.

Warframe power pass though the rift.
So, you can isolate you and full team based on power like Triniy + Exca with exalted blade build + crit banshee, etc...

Limbo is so strong.

Oberon :

Hallowed Ground (at high level its a death trap)

Reckoning (doesn't scale in high level and enemies needs to die by this ability to get health orbs :/) 

IMO (In My Opinion)

Hydroid :

Tempest Barrage (this ability is weird to me, while fun i almost never use it, no point or need to even use it)

Tidal Wave (same as above, no need to use this ability at all)

Ember :

Ring Of Fire (is good but doesn't scale well and its duration + range are absurd)

Ash :

Shuriken (now that enemies gets alerted by nearby corps it became anit-solo stealth, at times it feels like its accuracy is off)

Mirage :

Sleight of Hand (how about making ability mirror any enemy infront of Mirage for few seconds so you can 'pass' enemies by tricking them into believing you are one of them? that would make it great)

Zephyr :

Tail Wind and Dive Bomb needs to be one ability.

Replace Dive Bomb [PH] with new ability, how ability Flight? this ability allow Zephyr to fly in Archwing mode, unlike Titania, Zephyr manipulate the wind in such way that she can double as a carrier ship which she can carry her allies around her!

Limbo :

Rift Surge (turn it to health regen in exchange of energy regen while active? because simply increasing damage is hard if you are the only one benefit from it, in its current form it only helps Limbo not the team :/)   

Edited by Prinny13

3 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Zephyr :

Tail Wind and Dive Bomb needs to be one ability.

Replace Dive Bomb [PH] with new ability, how ability Flight? this ability allow Zephyr to fly in Archwing mode, unlike Titania, Zephyr manipulate the wind in such way that she can double as a carrier ship which she can carry her allies around her!

A pleasant no to your final suggestion there. Not only would it be mechanically useless in a movement and combat focused game such as this, but the potential hassle it could cause teammates beggars belief.

Zephyr could do with a reworked Dive Bomb though, or a new skill altogether, to make Tail Wind worthwhile anyway. With bullet jumping being equally good for movement if not arguably better and Dive Bomb being worthless overall (I'd sooner just ground slam with a melee if that's what I wanted to achieve) I never have a reason to use Zephyr’s 1 or 2.

Shame really; I love the frame.

17 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Limbo is so strong.

with the right comp, but also flawed. To me Rift Surge always felt like a boring ability that took too much energy (as it requires not only the 50 energy to activate, but also the cost of Cataclysm/Banish to bring in enemies) for too little effect, would like to see it be a passive ability of the rift (even if that means a bit of a nerf to it) and replaced with something else. Also not being able to pick up items in the rift is a real killer. At the very least Cataclysm should allow for item pickup within it's radius.

As is Limbo is Sortie Defense frame to me and that's it.

Edited by AXCrusnik

3 minutes ago, Airyllish said:

A pleasant no to your final suggestion there. Not only would it be mechanically useless in a movement and combat focused game such as this, but the potential hassle it could cause teammates beggars belief.

Zephyr could do with a reworked Dive Bomb though, or a new skill altogether, to make Tail Wind worthwhile anyway. With bullet jumping being equally good for movement if not arguably better and Dive Bomb being worthless overall (I'd sooner just ground slam with a melee if that's what I wanted to achieve) I never have a reason to use Zephyr’s 1 or 2.

Shame really; I love the frame.

Well i tried :<

I want to see what DE have in mind, if they are reviewing her ATM!

But rift surge allows to onehit kill enemies in rift with pretty much any melee weapon. 

I love it how people, who do not know the certain warframe's meta are calling his abilities useless. That's a shame. 

Only one thing that i would change in Limbo is combine his 1 and 2.

1 minute ago, Quanlain said:

But rift surge allows to onehit kill enemies in rift with pretty much any melee weapon. 

I love it how people, who do not know the certain warframe's meta are calling his abilities useless. That's a shame. 

Only one thing that i would change in Limbo is combine his 1 and 2.

For me it's too much energy/work for too little effect. I know how it works... I just don't like it. I'd rather CC with another frame or just kill normally than use Surge+Cata or Surge+BanishBanishBanishBanish.

Vauban:

Tesla - Damage is too low, Duration is hardcapped, Augment is useless, does not what it should do (shock enemies) like shown in his trailers.

Minelayer - Bounce is not needed anymore. Tripwire is a joke. Concuss and Shred would be better as Grenades, Conuss should open for finishers

Vortex - still an fps killer, deals almost no damage for an uber, overshadowed by Bastille

Ivara:

Noise Arrow - has anyone actually found a reliable way to use it? Why should i use it when i can use Sleep Arrow instead?

Mirage:

Sleight of Hand - the idea is pretty nice, but its usability is very limited.

Nekros:

Soul Punch - Give me that punch from his prime trailer!

Zephyr:

Tail Wind - We now have bulletjump

Dive Bomb: Merge that with the forward direction from Tail Wind. Look forward while pressing it - Dash. Look down - bomb.

Edited by LazerusKI

1 hour ago, Trekiros said:

Excalibur: Radial Javelin falls off in terms of damage pretty fast - around lvl 40 it's already pretty useless to cast. It also does a bit of CC (a guaranteed stagger), whic is good, but Radial Blind is strictly better in that aspect (lower energy cost, longer stun, and no limit on the amount of enemies which get CCed). The augment mod doesn't really sound worth it, but I haven't tested it. The rest of his kit is fine.

Nekros: Soul Punch. 600 damage is barely any good anymore. Perhaps make it finisher damage (it targets the soul, not the body, so why would armor be a factor?) or something along these lines, but it might still not be enough.

Nova: Null Star. The damage is barely even noticeable. I originally thought it would be like Amesha's drones, that the orbs would get hit for you. Looking back, that might have been a pretty good idea.

Nyx: Psychic Bolts is useful, but not in the way it was originally designed. I spam it to trigger Nyx's passive. I feel as though making it so the amount of projectiles scaled with power strength would be extremely cool: it would incentify building a power strength Nyx because more projectiles means more chances for the passive to proc. The augment mod is very good, but it doesn't seem to function all the time though.

Vauban: Tesla. I tried building a Tesla-focused Vauban, and it didn't go well. The game would crash before I could reach a decent DPS because I needed so many Teslas. I say, limit the amount of Teslas which can be there at any given time, but increase the base damage.

Excalibur; It's hard CC, aoe and damage. And deals decent enough damage with the right builds. Also, before posting, DO test.

Nekros; Soul Punch was never meant for DPS, but knockback. Should have been an AoE knockback, but thems the breaks -rest of his kit more than makes up for it.

Nova; Are you tripping? It's the best proximity alert in the game. Anything comes close and Bong! you know it. Saved my life enough times.

Nyx; Then you're using it wrong. It's meant as a way to CC enemies (much like Chaos) when there's not enough enemies to make casting Chaos worthwhile.

Vauban; Tesla and Bounce -I agree there.

Here's some more:

Mirage: Sleight of Hand. Never seen it used, haven't used it. Sounds cool in idea, but really, it's not.

Chroma: Spectral Scream deals negligible damage, slows you down, and has terrible reach. Pass.

Zephyr: Her 1st and 2nd are the same thing, but one costs more to use and both deal terrible damage. Just screams 'halp plox' to me.

Limbo: Another frame who suffers from Zephyr's issues. His 3rd should be turned into a passive and his 1 and 2 should be combined (aim anywhere or hold to send yourself to the Rift, aim at an enemy or ally to send them to the rift).

Atlas: Petrify is the same as Chroma's Spectral Scream.

50 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

Banshee's Silence in my opinion is a black sheep too. Especially since her passive was introduced.

I was expecting to see this, and you're totally wrong. Silence is powerful and useful, and is certainly not made pointless by her passive. Most of the time when I play Banshee Silence is my main ability.

Surprised nobody's mentioned Trinity's Well of Life. While it has a few niche uses, it's absolutely terrible at what it's supposed to be for, which is healing. It definitely needs a rework.

49 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

Banshee's Silence in my opinion is a black sheep too. Especially since her passive was introduced.

Silence is better used for its stun as opposed to it deafening enemies. (Base Range for deafening was smaller than most Gun's audible ranges. Enemy deafening is not the same as being silent) If Silence was made recastable for the stun....I think it would be more useful on the eyes of the community.

To OP: Soul Survivor Augment for Nekros, I find useful as a faster pick up.

Null Star was useful when it was a close enemy auto-stagger....then DE removed the CC.

55 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

i think all they need to do with that is make it a stun aura, with a 5-6 second stun duration that is reapplyable to enemies if they leave the aura..better than the nearly useless 2 second stun. (I have a build im trying with a low range high duration silence with augment for melee finishers).

12 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

For me it's too much energy/work for too little effect. Surge+BanishBanishBanishBanish.

Actually, a good unpunishable way to oneshot a lvl 100+ bombard. One of few. 

There are no doubt that there are better frames and a bunch of weapons that can kill high lvl heavies fast. 

But calling rift surge and limbo useless is a big mistake.