Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us list "useless" abilities that need to be looked at

Trekiros

On 11/18/2016 at 8:10 AM, Lyravain said:
On 11/18/2016 at 7:00 AM, Naftal said:

It's weird that you think ballistic battery is not a useless ability while listing some more useful abilities as useless.

On 11/18/2016 at 7:05 AM, Genitive said:

Spectral Scream.

On 11/18/2016 at 8:10 AM, Lyravain said:

Excalibur; It's hard CC, aoe and damage. And deals decent enough damage with the right builds. Also, before posting, DO test.

Nekros; Soul Punch was never meant for DPS, but knockback. Should have been an AoE knockback, but thems the breaks -rest of his kit more than makes up for it.

Nova; Are you tripping? It's the best proximity alert in the game. Anything comes close and Bong! you know it. Saved my life enough times.

Nyx; Then you're using it wrong. It's meant as a way to CC enemies (much like Chaos) when there's not enough enemies to make casting Chaos worthwhile.

Vauban; Tesla and Bounce -I agree there.

Here's some more:

Mirage: Sleight of Hand. Never seen it used, haven't used it. Sounds cool in idea, but really, it's not.

Chroma: Spectral Scream deals negligible damage, slows you down, and has terrible reach. Pass.

Zephyr: Her 1st and 2nd are the same thing, but one costs more to use and both deal terrible damage. Just screams 'halp plox' to me.

Limbo: Another frame who suffers from Zephyr's issues. His 3rd should be turned into a passive and his 1 and 2 should be combined (aim anywhere or hold to send yourself to the Rift, aim at an enemy or ally to send them to the rift).

Atlas: Petrify is the same as Chroma's Spectral Scream.

On 11/18/2016 at 8:13 AM, SocknBoppers said:

Can I add passives? Ember's passive :D

Also Atlas: Rumblers.

On 11/18/2016 at 8:18 AM, AXCrusnik said:

I agree bounce is pretty pointless outside of screwing around. I kinda like tripwire but it does suck when all the enemies just walk/stagger through it instead of sprint and fall face first into a pile of balls. Shred should have a permanent armor debuff if you ask me... or double it's current duration. It's way too short.

On 11/18/2016 at 8:29 AM, xcynderx said:

I find Mesa's Ballistic Battery useless....if it was a duration based buff to status then it would be far better than what it is now.

I say status as her 2 already buffs damage.

But quoted properly, but I couldn't go to bed before I said this. All these abilities are actually one of the strongest abilities in game when you use it correctly.

I'll start from the most incorrect

Atlas Petrify same as Spectral Scream? Absolutely not. You've never uses atlas if you think this. They may look similar, but one is a poor aoe damage ability while the other is the strongest cc abilities in game, also great for farming with augment.

Spectral Scream: Needs a buff, but actually not that bad for blowing up rockets before they hit. There are worse abilities.

Ballistic Battery weak? You must be crazy. It one shots level 100 bombards. With a good sniper, you can one shot ANY enemy reasonably found. A resonance banshee and good sniper shot mesa can let you hit damage cap in no time.

Bounce's use is more comical than needed, but it isn't bad. Just keep popping bounces all around a pod, and watch infested never reach it, while hilariously flying in the air. And tripwire? Oh god put it on the doors in akkad and watch the enemies tumble.

Anyways that's my two cents. Other than that, couldn't agree more with the posts.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

On 18.11.2016 at 2:18 PM, Quanlain said:

Actually, a good unpunishable way to oneshot a lvl 100+ bombard. One of few. 

There are no doubt that there are better frames and a bunch of weapons that can kill high lvl heavies fast. 

But calling rift surge and limbo useless is a big mistake. 

LImbo has his uses, that is true. Makes sortie defense a breeze because of target isolation, same for recue. You can go limbo + ability damage frames and have them kill the map while being invincible. However the usability could be better. Rift surge not affecting powers? One skill for banishing yourself and one for banishing you enemies? Some tweaks could be made.

More on topic: Fireball, Freeze, as already said soul punch (remove targeting, make it fast projectile that explodes and deals extra damage when hitting an enemy). Banshees sonic boom. Most first skills need some reason to exist apart from their augments. Damage scaling with enemy level for example, frames are supposed to be the catalyst for our incredible tenno powers, so why is everything we have CC and utility?

Spectral scream: Ignis is way better in every aspect. The augment is a bad joke.

1 minute ago, Genoscythe said:

LImbo has his uses, that is true. Makes sortie defense a breeze because of target isolation, same for recue. You can go limbo + ability damage frames and have them kill the map while being invincible. However the usability could be better. Rift surge not affecting powers? One skill for banishing yourself and one for banishing you enemies? Some tweaks could be made.

Yeah, i completely agree with you, i even mentioned same that problems before (i hope).

this is like a post of people who need to learn more about warframe skills :)

almost every skill has some use!

many of the skills people have been listing are my bread and butter eg;

-the 100% CC knockdown fire proc on ember 3,

-Buff-able 20,000 dmg Radial javalin AOES,

-Novas null stars have saved my life so many times I have lost count,

-I often use embers passive with a fire stugg at the start of a mission for 35% WOF buff,

-Nekros Soul punch can knock targets off the map and KILLS anything when used on vauban bounce, 

-Banshee Silence is great CC when used correctly and gives covert lethality 1 shot finishers!

so now I will show my lack of Warframe knowledge and list the skills I don't understand or know how to use properly

-Chroma Spectral Scream is just too weak, locks down your warframe, it needs damage reduction, perhaps synergy with vex armor each second used adds 10% vex?

-Equinox Mend, too clunky often players self heal using numerous other skills before you manage to swap and store healing, it needs to add a HOT or additional effect, overhealing adds energy and/or over shields to effected frames?

-Hydroid Tempest Barrage needs either more damage or more duration to make it a consistent CC

-Hydroid Tidal Surge feels out of place on this frame, it deals less than half the damage of frosts ice wave and has no status.. so.. its a mobility tool that is somewhat less effective than using bullet jump??  I have no idea.. give it 1000 damage? Make him immune for the duration?

-Hydroid Hentai Tentacles these don't really need to be looked at but they piss me off, Outclassed in almost every way by vauban, pathetic damage and Hydroids always seem to use them just as my billion DPS gas lanka is about to get a head shot, WHAM 100 dmg tenticle NO DEAL!

-Mesa Ballistic Battery, 1600 dmg is pointless in a game where most weapons deal 10,000+ dps, just Outright remove the damage cap, LIMITLESS DAMAGE! like oh say... Mags 2

-Mirage Sleight of Hand - yet to see it work?  some synergy with spy missions would be nice. pauses alarms?

-Nezha Blazing Chakram deals too low damage and heal, it should scale from fire walker damage like Equinox maim

-Nezha warding halo is outclassed in almost every way by iron skin, saved slightly by the augment on allies, Remove the stupid casting delay or buff the damage considerably to make it more than a cheap clone of iron skin.

-Nezha Divine Spears have the annoying warframe 3 second lockout on the cast, The CC is too unreliable, the damage is too low for an ultimate in U19 perhaps remove the initial damage and make them deal 600 damage PER SECOND!  roar DEEPS! this is offset by the poor reliability and terrible casting lockout.

-Oberon Hallowed ground should apply renewal to any allies on it and 100% status proc radiation or Heat

-Oberon renewal should persist FOREVER! until all healing has been consumed no matter the allies current hp! for every 1% healed the target should revive 1% armor while the buff is in effect

-Trinity Well of life - Remove it .... ..  Outside of the energy vampire bug it is never used 400 health?  eeesh..  perhaps make it castable on allies for 10x health buff, and a mobile healing totem!  the augment takes the piss, DE developer on this needs to PLAY warframe!

-Vauban - minelayer - outside of using Bounce to instagib targets in vortex or in conjunction with Soul punch and fun trolling, I have never really used the other mines? I don't really even know what they do?  wikia says a Trip?  on a frame with 2 hard CC skills?  a... trip?  shred 400 blast damage.. peanuts, Concuss.. more CC on a frame with 2 epic CC skills?

-Zephyr Dive bomb - this skill needs a huge damage and range buff, the setup time required in too large for the mediocre damage, heavy impact can deal 2250 dmg! this.. deals 250!  simly using rhinos passive can outclass this is many respects

-Almost all augments

-Almost all passives

Atlas 4 - feels to weak for an ultimate

6 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

But quoted properly, but I couldn't go to bed before I said this. All these abilities are actually one of the strongest abilities in game when you use it correctly.

I'll start from the most incorrect

Atlas Petrify same as Spectral Scream? Absolutely not. You've never uses atlas if you think this. They may look similar, but one is a poor aoe damage ability while the other is the strongest cc abilities in game, also great for farming with augment.

Spectral Scream: Needs a buff, but actually not that bad for blowing up rockets before they hit. There are worse abilities.

Ballistic Battery weak? You must be crazy. It one shots level 100 bombards. With a good sniper, you can one shot ANY enemy reasonably found. A resonance banshee and good sniper shot mesa can let you hit damage cap in no time.

Bounce's use is more comical than needed, but it isn't bad. Just keep popping bounces all around a pod, and watch infested never reach it, while hilariously flying in the air. And tripwire? Oh god put it on the doors in akkad and watch the enemies tumble.

Anyways that's my two cents. Other than that, couldn't agree more with the posts.

I've used Atlas, actually. Let me tell you my experience; I can either walk towards the oncoming horde, slowly petrifying them while getting pelted by everything and depending on my Rumblers to do the killing. OR, I punch them in the face, moving from one enemy to the other in a flash and explaining the term 'boomstick' to enemies from close quarters, while gunning things down with my pistols at range.

Spectral Scream; it IS terrible. Use an Ignis, it does WAY more damage, you can mod it (love the Radiation on it, kinda like a pocket-Chaos) and you can move with it. There are worse abilities (such as half of Limbo's and Zephyr's kits), but NOT many.

Ballistic Battery; in HOW many fights have you actually used it? Not Simulacrum, it's ridiculously easy to do whatever in there (QuietShy unleashing a Prova Vandal hit that one-shot a max-level enemy in there is proof), but how many times have you actually used this in the middle of the fight? Personally, never. Cool ability when facing a boss WITHOUT damage-invulnerability (i.e. Phorid, Hyenas and a couple more), but otherwise... useless to me.

Bounce/Tripwire; doesn't change the fact that they are inefficient. Why use Bounce/Tripwire, when Concussion stuns them and Shred tears their armor right off? I like the idea of them, but they are inefficient -and so people won't use them. Kinda like Tesla. I like Tesla, but for the amount of Energy needed to spent (and the time) to set enough of them around to actually DO something, you can probably wipe the place with most guns anyway. Cute as CC, pretty meh as anything else.

1 hour ago, Lyravain said:

I've used Atlas, actually. Let me tell you my experience; I can either walk towards the oncoming horde, slowly petrifying them while getting pelted by everything and depending on my Rumblers to do the killing. OR, I punch them in the face, moving from one enemy to the other in a flash and explaining the term 'boomstick' to enemies from close quarters, while gunning things down with my pistols at range.

Spectral Scream; it IS terrible. Use an Ignis, it does WAY more damage, you can mod it (love the Radiation on it, kinda like a pocket-Chaos) and you can move with it. There are worse abilities (such as half of Limbo's and Zephyr's kits), but NOT many.

Ballistic Battery; in HOW many fights have you actually used it? Not Simulacrum, it's ridiculously easy to do whatever in there (QuietShy unleashing a Prova Vandal hit that one-shot a max-level enemy in there is proof), but how many times have you actually used this in the middle of the fight? Personally, never. Cool ability when facing a boss WITHOUT damage-invulnerability (i.e. Phorid, Hyenas and a couple more), but otherwise... useless to me.

Bounce/Tripwire; doesn't change the fact that they are inefficient. Why use Bounce/Tripwire, when Concussion stuns them and Shred tears their armor right off? I like the idea of them, but they are inefficient -and so people won't use them. Kinda like Tesla. I like Tesla, but for the amount of Energy needed to spent (and the time) to set enough of them around to actually DO something, you can probably wipe the place with most guns anyway. Cute as CC, pretty meh as anything else.

Depends how you mod. I personally love path of statues as I too run landslide atlas because it's badass, but I've run a high power strength and range build for petrify and it locks down whole rooms quite quickly. Akkad is a piece of cake and any high level survival with pilfering swarm hydroid, ore gaze atlas, despoil nekros, and kavats, gave me a whole vauban prime worth of oxium in a day of farming, quite easily. I'd say he's even on par with nova and nyx when it comes to cc.

Spectral Scream: Not useless, but obviously not great, ignis needs to reload, while spectral scream drains energy, which with an ev trinity is no problem. And agreed, limbo needs a rework.

Ballistic Battery: Believe it or not, I use this ability more than her ult because it's just so good. I really only use her ult to rack up the counter for ballistic battery. I use the infamous spamulor to take down enemies of literally any caliber, and those that don't go down, I pull out my trusty lex prime and instant one shot their faces. If I'm with my team, I usually work with the ash in taking down the trash with my ult, then unload my golden gun into that pesky bombard. Everything in mesa's kit is endgame viable and incredibly useful. She's my go to dps frame for sorties. Where my dex sybaris deals 8000 damage per shot, a ballistic battery shot bumps that up to 200k.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

10 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

But why? Bastille and Repelling Bastille exist for the exact same purpose and don't take as much setup time and probably use less energy as well. The only time I see bounce being > than bastille is when you want to block out something small... like an interception console and it's not perfect there either as it only has 4 uses with a cooldown between each use.

Edited by AXCrusnik

19 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

But why? Bastille and Repelling Bastille exist for the exact same purpose and don't take as much setup time and probably use less energy as well. The only time I see bounce being > than bastille is when you want to block out something small... like an interception console and it's not perfect there either as it only has 4 uses with a cooldown between each use.

I never said it was better. Don't assume. Just said it wasn't bad and comical. Not everything has to be endgame uber effective. If you want that, then use bastille till your heart's content. I judge a power with two questions. "Is it fun?" and "Is it effective?" If the power answers those two, then I'm happy. In my opinion, most useless abilities in game are Tempest Barrage (It's just a weak and inaccurate World on Fire/Firequake), Rift Surge (Damage bonus for only yourself while in a place where nobody is), and Sleight of Hand (Does absolutely nothing at higher levels). The rest aren't useless, just need tweaking to their already good basis. These three either need to go, or need a complete rework.

19 hours ago, ZoneDymo said:

Wukong - Cloud Walk, I like it, its in lore but as is now, its rather useless.

Being able to fly invisibly is one of the best spy mission powers in game. It makes Wukong my go to for spy missions. Also opens up enemies to finishers and stealth slash procs. Very very useful.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Seriously? It not only slows down enemies, but it speeds up your melee by a lot. It's one of the most useful abilities in game.

the slow down on enemies only applies once, the melee attack speed doesn't scale infinitely, you can use it to reach melee attack speed cap but that only goes so far with dps, while chroma's effects such as the cold one reflect enemy damage, that scales a whole lot more and is a lot more useful.

so yes seriously.

Edited by 45neo

3 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I never said it was better. Don't assume. Just said it wasn't bad and comical. Not everything has to be endgame uber effective.

It's not even about being endgame IMO... Bounce just doesn't ever seem worth the energy.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Tempest Barrage (It's just a weak and inaccurate World on Fire/Firequake)

I actually love this ability. My favorite out of Hydroid's because high power str and Narrow Minded make it decent CC that can cover most doors and does alright damage.

18 hours ago, 45neo said:

the slow down on enemies only applies once, the melee attack speed doesn't scale infinitely, you can use it to reach melee attack speed cap but that only goes so far with dps, while chroma's effects such as the cold one reflect enemy damage, that scales a whole lot more and is a lot more useful.

so yes seriously.

Speed scale infinitely? What kind of fingers you got, because warcry does enough speed for me. It really spoils me for melee. If you want infinite scaling, use blood rush and combo bonuses. Speed decrease isn't even the main aspect, neither is the armor gain, it's the infinite range team buff it applies, which can great increase dps.

Valkyr's CC build below

On 11/22/2016 at 7:55 PM, RistN said:

Valkyr....all abilities.

On 11/22/2016 at 2:39 PM, ZoneDymo said:

Wukong - Cloud Walk, I like it, its in lore but as is now, its rather useless.

Cloud Walker definitely is niche use: like using it for Agility Drift test or to stop a failing fall Mastery Test

As a damage boost it works decently for Sortie Assassinations. Utilize DoT stacking weapon like Attractive, or Lesion (I am bias towards quick Melee friendly weapons). You can let Defy protect you while you utilize innate longer Melee Combo window to stack Slash and or Gas/Toxic DoTs and then cloud walk to apply Stealth Melee Multiplier. Makes solo Sortie Kela a breeze to kill. (Ambulas, Mutalist Alad V, insert Melee friendly boss)

20 hours ago, 45neo said:

so yes seriously.

CC build Valkyr:

High Power strength + Max Range

I run 250% range so Prolonged Paralysis covers 25m and 239% Powe strength so the stun lasts for 19secs at a cost of 8 energy

WarCry gets a duration of 10.8secs for a cost of 116 energy. That short duration allows it to be recastable to apply a 71% enemy slow over 62.5m

This build works even for Sortie Solo Valkyr : Mobile Defense & Excavation.

Albeit, high energy cost if you are relying on WarCry Slow rather than using mobility to lock down areas with Prolonged Paralysis

For a change of pace : Stun'n'gun Valkyr is very launcher friendly as enemies are just laying down or slowly recovering from being knocked down.

The short duration Enemy slow is much better at minimizing Boss Invincibility phases unlike Moleceular Prime which is trickier to tailor for short-duration as Coverge is also duration based. Lower duration means less Area affected by slow.* (Incredibly annoying when a Nova lengthens Vay Hek, Ruk, Lephantis, or Krill fight by slowing Invincibility phases)

1 hour ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Valkyr's CC build below

Cloud Walker definitely is niche use: like using it for Agility Drift test or to stop a failing fall Mastery Test

As a damage boost it works decently for Sortie Assassinations. Utilize DoT stacking weapon like Attractive, or Lesion (I am bias towards quick Melee friendly weapons). You can let Defy protect you while you utilize innate longer Melee Combo window to stack Slash and or Gas/Toxic DoTs and then cloud walk to apply Stealth Melee Multiplier. Makes solo Sortie Kela a breeze to kill. (Ambulas, Mutalist Alad V, insert Melee friendly boss)

CC build Valkyr:

High Power strength + Max Range

I run 250% range so Prolonged Paralysis covers 25m and 239% Powe strength so the stun lasts for 19secs at a cost of 8 energy

WarCry gets a duration of 10.8secs for a cost of 116 energy. That short duration allows it to be recastable to apply a 71% enemy slow over 62.5m

This build works even for Sortie Solo Valkyr : Mobile Defense & Excavation.

Albeit, high energy cost if you are relying on WarCry Slow rather than using mobility to lock down areas with Prolonged Paralysis

For a change of pace : Stun'n'gun Valkyr is very launcher friendly as enemies are just laying down or slowly recovering from being knocked down.

The short duration Enemy slow is much better at minimizing Boss Invincibility phases unlike Moleceular Prime which is trickier to tailor for short-duration as Coverge is also duration based. Lower duration means less Area affected by slow.* (Incredibly annoying when a Nova lengthens Vay Hek, Ruk, Lephantis, or Krill fight by slowing Invincibility phases)

I know how  Valkyrs abilities work.Really tryed to use her for something more than her ult and I personally didn't like it.

War cry-116 power for 10 s duration.Too much for too little.

Paralysis-Medium range and leaves you without shields.

All in all you're usage explaining is valid and more than ok but truth is that these powers are useless and more demanding when compared to other frames abilities,cc ones in particular.

17 minutes ago, RistN said:

I know how  Valkyrs abilities work.Really tryed to use her for something more than her ult and I personally didn't like it.

All in all you're usage explaining is valid and more than ok but truth is that these powers are useless and more demanding when compared to other frames abilities,cc ones in particular.

yup

1 hour ago, RistN said:

I agree they are more work than other frames.

On that same note most frames are entirely more work or try hard compare to Mirage.

But not everyone plays Mirage-Only.

As for no Shields on Valkyr...She doesn't need Shields aside from HiJack & even then Shield Restores serve her much better.

Personally I only have been using 2 Frames recently:

Banshee for almost everything with base 300 Shields, 300 Health, and 15 Armor. (I do rely on Quick thinking)

& Wukong when I'm Defy-cheesing certain Sortie/Events

1 hour ago, RistN said:

The thing is, for the strongest scaling tank in the game with a high damage close range ult, having decent cc, and very powerful team buff (melee only), it's not that useless at all. 

Specteral Scream is the one ability that comes to mind as it is downright pathetic as an ability. The potential to use it for varying elements is great, but its squandered for a multitude of reasons. Poor range, poor damage, etc.

It's needed a change since release.

Edited by Darkmoone1
Mispell

Banshee's Sound Quake.

Ignore anyone trying to put Silence on this list. That's crazy talk. It's one of the strongest CC powers in the game. Two seconds is plenty of time to kill with Sonar on them, and if it's somehow not, you come back for a second pass, because the stun is re-applied infinitely. Just decide what your most comfortable engagement range is, mod Silence to match (with good duration), and mind your spacing. With enough skill and good timing, you will dominate everything. Oh, and the actual silence effect lingers even when enemies leave the range. So if you run around tagging enemies with it while you fight, all conflict becomes localized, and allies don't draw aggro from enemies they're not fighting.

Sound Quake, on the other hand, staggers enemies who are already in range of Silence's stun, stops you from moving to avoid damage, and stops you from shooting to do useful amounts of damage. It's just...really, really bad. And the augment is pure AFK cheese that needs to go.

Edited by DreamsmithJane

3 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Banshee's Sound Quake.

Ignore anyone trying to put Silence on this list. That's crazy talk. It's one of the strongest CC powers in the game. Two seconds is plenty of time to kill with Sonar on them, and if it's somehow not, you come back for a second pass, because the stun is re-applied infinitely. Just decide what your most comfortable engagement range is, mod Silence to match (with good duration), and mind your spacing. With enough skill and good timing, you will dominate everything. Oh, and the actual silence effect lingers even when enemies leave the range. So if you run around tagging enemies with it while you fight, all conflict becomes localized, and allies don't draw aggro from enemies they're not fighting.

Sound Quake, on the other hand, staggers enemies who are already in range of Silence's stun, stops you from moving to avoid damage, and stops you from shooting to do useful amounts of damage. It's just...really, really bad. And the augment is pure AFK cheese that needs to go.

Well, resonating quake is a good mod-patch for sound quake.
giving it an ability to wipe whole rooms on sorties