Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us list "useless" abilities that need to be looked at

Trekiros

The game is riddled with incosistencies, to the point that trying to reform these old powers in the normal manner is pointless.  We need Damage 3.0 and actual developer attention and regulation in order for these things to matter, and even then people would just declare them useless if they didn't make the game easy or streamline farming.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

On 18/11/2016 at 3:03 PM, Major_Phantom said:

I personally fail to see the use, the stun is barely useful for the 75 cost. Augment doesn't allow >1 finisher per cast and overall I just can't find any reason to use this power. You did say it's your main ability so care to enlighten me what exactly is good about it?

On 18/11/2016 at 3:15 PM, AXCrusnik said:

They probably have shorter range than you. If you don't stun the whole tile at once you can move from enemy to enemy as they get stunned, or maybe they do primarily stealth runs... but my bet is on the former. Also (this is from a commenter on the wiki not by first hand account, so I could be wrong) you can re-trigger the stun by moving the enemy outside the radius then back in.

^ This. If you don't have massive range, you can dance around the enemies and keep them staggered. You can do that in a number of ways, the easiest being weaving back and forth, then strafing or doing flying passes etc... Basically if your range is not too big you can use Silence as a permastun aura.

I would argue that the problem with Banshee's Silence is that, contrary to how it normally works, raising one of the metrics is not always good. There is basically no other frame other than a Spova whose build will be HURT by having more range/strenght/duration (not talking about mod slot constraints, only about gaining %). Silence instead needs a fine balance of range and duration to even do something besides a 1 time only area stun - that's a problem in my book.

On 18/11/2016 at 5:24 PM, Callback said:

savage silence for a bladestorm setup?

Also that, tho at this poin't i'd much rather have a Resonance Banshee with people with good guns and CPs.

13 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

The game is riddled with incosistencies, to the point that trying to reform these old powers in the normal manner is pointless.  We need Damage 3.0 and actual developer attention and regulation in order for these things to matter, and even then people would just declare them useless if the didn't make the game easy or streamline farming.  

That's another big issue.

Edited by Autongnosis

Ash: Shuriken. For killing mobs use Bladestorm. Rework Proposal: Replace with Teleport, add new ability instead.

Atlas: Petrify. Not useful in most scenarios. Rework Proposal: Add effect on attacks instead.

Banshee: Silence. Nuff said. Rework Proposal: Merge with Sonar, add new ability.

Chroma: Spectral Scream. See: Petrify. Rework Proposal: Replace with something useful.

Ember: Fireball. Use Ult instead. Rework Proposal: Replace with something else. Passive: Rework Proposal: Works when channeling WoF.

Equinox: We have a winner! No abilities are useless.

Excalibur: Slash Dash. Exalted Blade is more useful in any situation. Rework Proposal: Replace with something useful.

Frost: Freeze. See: Fireball. Rework Proposal: Replace with something useful.

Hydroid: Tempest Barrage, Tidal Surge. Low damage, Ult is more usefull in any situation. Rework Proposal: Replace with something useful.

Inaros: Sandstorm. Looks nice, but not very useful. Rework Proposal: Increase the range of ability by 5 meters at rank 1. 

Ivara: No abilities are useless.

Limbo: Hmmmmmm....

Loki: Decoy. Useful only in spies. Rework Proposal: Make decoy invulnerable, cut the duration by half.

Mag: Pull. Ult is more useful in any situation. Rework Proposal: Increase range by 5 meters long and 3 meters wide on rank 1.

Mesa: Ballistic Battery. Personally i dont find this ability useful. Use Shooting Gallery instead. Rework Proposal: Make it druration-based flat damage increase ability.

Mirage: Sleight of Hand. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Replace.

Nekros: Soul Punch. See: Freeze. Rework Proposal: Replace.

Nezha: Blazing Chackram. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Make it home in the enemies.

Nova: Null Star. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Make the particles apply Ult's effect.

Nyx: Mind Control. Useful only in certain situations. Rework Proposal: Make it lasting indefinitely.

Oberon: Hallowed Ground. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Replace.

Rhino:  Rhino Charge. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Replace.

Saryn: No useless abilities.

Titania: Tribute. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Increase buffs strength.

Trinity: Well of Life. Generally not useful. Replace. Energy Vampire: Rework Proposal: Not dependant on duration.

Valkyr: Paralysis. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Increase the range by 5 meters on rank 1.

Vauban: Tesla. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Increase the base damage on rank 1 by 200.

Volt: Electric Shield. Useful only in certain situations. Rework Proposal: Deflect projectiles.

Wukong: No useless abilities.

Zephyr: Dive Bomb. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Merged with Tail Wind.

1 hour ago, mobilehacker said:

Ash: Shuriken. For killing mobs use Bladestorm. Rework Proposal: Replace with Teleport, add new ability instead.

Atlas: Petrify. Not useful in most scenarios. Rework Proposal: Add effect on attacks instead.

Banshee: Silence. Nuff said. Rework Proposal: Merge with Sonar, add new ability.

Chroma: Spectral Scream. See: Petrify. Rework Proposal: Replace with something useful.

Ember: Fireball. Use Ult instead. Rework Proposal: Replace with something else. Passive: Rework Proposal: Works when channeling WoF.

Excalibur: Slash Dash. Exalted Blade is more useful in any situation. Rework Proposal: Replace with something useful.

Hydroid: Tempest Barrage, Tidal Surge. Low damage, Ult is more usefull in any situation. Rework Proposal: Replace with something useful.

Inaros: Sandstorm. Looks nice, but not very useful. Rework Proposal: Increase the range of ability by 5 meters at rank 1. 

Loki: Decoy. Useful only in spies. Rework Proposal: Make decoy invulnerable, cut the duration by half.

Mag: Pull. Ult is more useful in any situation. Rework Proposal: Increase range by 5 meters long and 3 meters wide on rank 1.

Mesa: Ballistic Battery. Personally i dont find this ability useful. Use Shooting Gallery instead. Rework Proposal: Make it druration-based flat damage increase ability.

Nezha: Blazing Chackram. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Make it home in the enemies.

Nova: Null Star. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Make the particles apply Ult's effect.

Nyx: Mind Control. Useful only in certain situations. Rework Proposal: Make it lasting indefinitely.

Titania: Tribute. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Increase buffs strength.

Trinity: Well of Life. Generally not useful. Replace. Energy Vampire: Rework Proposal: Not dependant on duration.

Valkyr: Paralysis. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Increase the range by 5 meters on rank 1.

Vauban: Tesla. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Increase the base damage on rank 1 by 200.

Volt: Electric Shield. Useful only in certain situations. Rework Proposal: Deflect projectiles.

Zephyr: Dive Bomb. Generally not useful. Rework Proposal: Merged with Tail Wind.

Most of the ones you the aren't useful are actually quite good, just not popular. Basically change every frrame is what you're saying. And for the last time, petrify is not the same as spectral scream, not even close.

IVARA :  Maybe replace one of her arrows with an explosive one?

VOLT :  There has to be a way to link Volt abilities with Electricity based weapons or electricity status builds. I'd say the same for Saryn Frost and Ember 

NERKOS :  I see no reason why Rejuvenation can't be native the same way enemy radar is for IVARA, even if they nerfed it a little it would not even bother.

9 hours ago, mobilehacker said:

You nailed almost all of it, i would change some stuff on your ideas though:

Chroma: Instead of replacing Spectral Scream, i'd increase the damage and add a % of enemies Maximum Health as bonus elemental damage (affected by Power Strength) it should be good against Large enemies.

Excalibur: Instead of replacing Slash Dash (which is a useful movement ability) i would suggest fixing the "Target locking" mechanic on it, it's just too buggy to use.

Limbo (Prepare the stones): He's in troubling position, such potential but the entire kit is flawed. My suggestion here is: Grant him a Damage Reduction % while on the rift as a Passive, merge his augment with his 1, make his 3 an AoE Buff and add a Slow mechanic on enemies inside his 4. Done, you got a monster. (Or simply make items pickable on the rift if you are too lazy).

Nekros: Soul Punch (1. Should be a real punch, like Atlas Landslide. | 2. Should do Finisher damage because it punches YOUR SOUL.) if not, replace it.

Nezha: Blazing Chakram should home/bounce at targets.

Oberon: Hallowed Ground should be AoE, not just a rug in front of you, and his Duration should be much longer.

Rhino: his charge should "drag" people with him like Reinhardt's charge from Overwatch, dealing more damage if it collides with a wall, i think it would be nice.

Trinity: Well of Life should replenish Shields as well (not overshield tho).

Wukong: merge Iron Vault augment with his 1.

Edited by eX-iDevil

On 11/25/2016 at 5:20 AM, mobilehacker said:

This looks like you have most of the frames listed, so this is good.

Ash's augment for Shruiken is decent, as it strips armor, but you also just kill them with Teleport or Bladestorm, so you're right. Atlas' Petrify makes him vulnerable more than anything. Same with Chroma's Spectral Scream. I like Banshee's Silence to be honest. When missions go loud, you can control an area without having to cast her 4. Embers' Fireball is pretty useless. Excalibur's Slash Dash is like Rhino's Charge, except it slashes instead of impacts. I mean, it's okay. The augment for it is okay too. Frost's Freeze is okay for it's cost, but it's similar to Ember's Fireball. Hydroid's Tempest Barrage isn't that useful, but Tidal Wave is. Inaros' Sandstorm is useful. Loki's Decoy is useful in many situations. Mag's Pull is extremely useful. Her ult takes way too much time. Pull enemies to you then cast the bubble on them. Blazing Chakrim is a way to easily gain health back. It also combines with his 1. Nyx' Mind Control is fine the way it is. Trinity is also fine the way she is. Valkyr's Paralysis is useful. Vauban's Tesla isn't. Volt's Electric Shield is useful. Zephyr's Dive Bomb needs more range.

I don't think every ability in the game needs to be useful in every situation. Frames aren't a one-size-fits-all.

1 hour ago, YpsitheFlintsider said:

To the contrary. Terrify is very useful, as mentioned before, and Shadows takes aggro off of him. The augment for it is also good for Nekros.

and Shadows of the dead is like hiding in a corn field trying not to get hit so how i see it at this point that he is a scarecrow not death    

Edited by (XB1)ax1L3

On 11/18/2016 at 7:40 AM, lukinu_u said:

Warframe power pass though the rift.
So, you can isolate you and full team based on power like Triniy + Exca with exalted blade build + crit banshee, etc...

Limbo is so strong.

Same thing with 2 mesas and a nyx along for the ride = lvl 90+ tower 4 defense when that was still a thing

While not completely useless Altas'es Petrify needs to be tweeked. Even when built for Power Strenght and  Ability duration the ability can be really slow to petrify anything above level 30 or so. Also I don't think it should cancel already applied proc effects when the mob is turned into stone. But, the damage values of the pre-appiled proc effects could have their damage numbers reduced. Lastly, I think the Augment for it could be changed to something a bit more useful. Something that would add more synergy with his other abilities with his other abilities. Something like Petrified targets take x damage from Landslide and Tectonics boulder. If killed by Landslide or Tectonics boulder, targets will drop extra loot.