General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Taking steady damage on infested missions

McWhalester

When on infested missions, especially Dark Sector Defense/Survival, I will start taking steady damage to my shields and ultimately my health once my shields run out. I'm not entirely sure what's causing it, although I think it's probably related to the Mutalist Moa tar/gook/whatever-it's-actually-called that's probably glitching to do damage even when I'm not standing on it or there isn't any present.

This isn't an issue that makes the game unplayable, it's just more of an annoyance until you reach higher waves of enemies and then it's much more difficult when you have only half of your shields the entire time.

I've encountered this issue several times this weekend on infested missions, and I've seen it affecting other players as well (watching their shields and hp get slowly chipped away with nothing happening to them and no enemies around).

Another few threads about this issue (commenting in this one because the title is more informative): 

The issue seems to be that after being damaged by a maggot, you continue to take maggot damage forever, even after the maggot is killed.

As far as I can tell, this only happens when there's an ancient healer nearby at the time when the maggots would be killed. I tried to get the effect for several minutes with a brood mother, and I couldn't reproduce the bug until a sanguine eximus ancient healer showed up and was standing nearby (not sure if the eximus / sanguine eximus part is relevant...), so I'm guessing it has something to do with the damage mitigation aura from the ancient healer preventing a normal maggot death.

Edited by DJOKKATAJA