Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Point of NO Return" in the War Within Quest....

xerxeso

I have Three (3) Questions for the DEs about it:   1. Who had the "Magnificence, Wonderful" (sarcasm) Idea of creating a "Point of NO Return" for this Quest ????....2.What was the Absolute purpose for setting a "Point of NO Return" beside making the Quest more challenging ????.... 3. Does the "Point of NO Return" in this Quest will ever get Amended????

23 minutes ago, xerxeso said:

What was the Absolute purpose for setting a "Point of NO Return" beside making the Quest more challenging ????

Its done for story reasons to make things more impactful, as well as to have it make sense.

After all, if you could just jump in and out and in and out and in and out of the quest at any time it would lose a lot of its impact.
Further it just wouldn't make sense.  Think of this (Very heavy spoiler here...):

Spoiler

You're having your transference messed with, and the queen is invading your mind.  But nope, instead you run off in the frame that is currently stuck in the Kuva Fortress to do a few quick missions on Phobos, or run a few fissures and start crafting a prime weapon.

There are lots of games that warn you "Hey, if you continue beyond this point you won't be able leave and have to finish this before you do anything else!"  Its a pretty standard trope in video games.

23 minutes ago, xerxeso said:

Does the "Point of NO Return" in this Quest will ever get Amended????

Probably not.
After all again it would ruin the impact of the missins and make them mean absolutely nothing and make absolutely no sense and remove any sense of continuity from the quest.

And finally:
Being sarcastic and mocking isn't good feedback.

Edited by Tsukinoki
Added spoiler

21 minutes ago, xerxeso said:

I have Three (3) Questions for the DEs about it:   1. Who had the "Magnificence, Wonderful" (sarcasm) Idea of creating a "Point of NO Return" for this Quest ????....2.What was the Absolute purpose for setting a "Point of NO Return" beside making the Quest more challenging ????.... 3. Does the "Point of NO Return" in this Quest will ever get Amended????

1. DE and it was an awesome idea. Glad you liked it.

2. To have it make sense. Do the quest and you'll find out, until then, your opinion is invalid.

3. No, it won't, why should it? It makes sense and it works. Deal with it.

1 hour ago, xerxeso said:

A message warn you, either you leave or you finish the quest in one blow

Edited by Soketsu

So I hadn't realized I would be gridlocked into a melee weapon during a certain point of that mission and blindly equipped an unmodded level 0 weapon to level it on the side.

I could not beat the fat ladies. I could get the 1 down, but once multiple came at me it was nearly impossible to do it. After a good 30 failed attempts I force quit the game to see if I could go back and equip something else....appears force quitting the game beats the fat ladies because it progressed my quest like I beat it.

23 minutes ago, Coaa said:

So I hadn't realized I would be gridlocked into a melee weapon during a certain point of that mission and blindly equipped an unmodded level 0 weapon to level it on the side.

I could not beat the fat ladies. I could get the 1 down, but once multiple came at me it was nearly impossible to do it. After a good 30 failed attempts I force quit the game to see if I could go back and equip something else....appears force quitting the game beats the fat ladies because it progressed my quest like I beat it.

You could have used your operators void laser to kill them.
It happens to kill them rather quickly.

That part of the mission was more about skill and learning how to use teh new operator mode rather than what weapons/frames you happened to bring into the mission with you.

45 minutes ago, Coaa said:

When you say you force quit the game do you mean alt/F4 ? because that didn't work for me.

Nah by force quit I alt tabbed, right clicked and closed the game. Logged back in and it was at the point after the quest. The only problem is I missed a choice it appears, not sure how that'll affect it.

Yeah I didn't know I could use the laser on them. It was taking me a good 10 minutes just to damage them enough with my sword it was awful. The second 2 came out it was all over. I also  had mirage on (another mistake) with no extra shields/health. It was an all around stupid idea on my part.

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:24 PM, Coaa said:

After a good 30 failed attempts I force quit the game to see if I could go back and equip something else....appears force quitting the game beats the fat ladies because it progressed my quest like I beat it.

Excellent. I will be doing just this to bypass all this CRAP.