Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wasn't Banshee next to be Primed?

Shockwave-

Question

14 answers to this question

As much as I dislike them going out of order again, it's a smart move since it's the holiday season. Banshee pulls very low numbers in comparison to valk. Personally not very interested in Valk prime (was hoping it would be developed off of the geresmimimimiimi skin) But since she's the more popular frame, it should give DE a boost in competitiveness versus all the other sales from other games that will likely be happening this season. 

3 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

DE can do whatever they want.

This. They did the same with Nova so it's not that big a deal.

It's possible popularity played a part as there were a great deal of Valkyr lovers but it's dwindled since they changed Hysteria and made managing her bearserk a more chore-like process. And yes, that persona reference was absolutely intentional.

1 minute ago, SanguineSavant said:

This. They did the same with Nova so it's not that big a deal.

It's possible popularity played a part as there were a great deal of Valkyr lovers but it's dwindled since they changed Hysteria and made managing her bearserk a more chore-like process. And yes, that persona reference was absolutely intentional.

Nova pissed me off so much, lol.

I predicted this, it's because of the holiday season. Banshee was the least played frame at one point and, though I think she's slightly more popular now, she's still probably among the least used female frames. Valkyr meanwhile is one of the most popular.

This isn't even the first time she's been shoved back by out of order primes, either. Nova Prime also cut line because she was more popular than Banshee and Saryn.

If we get a Banshee prime, it will be during a more dead timezone when less people have tons of free money from the recent holidays.

Edited by DrFail

As far as I know, this will only be the fourth Prime to be released out of 'order'. All of the frames bumped up have been because of popularity of the frame in question (also the proximity to their re-works).

The 'order' we refer to is "oldest first, pairs of 'male' frames and pairs of 'female' frames". This is the order as it stands:

Spoiler

Primes released so far:

Excal / Frost (out of order, but first male frame after the original 8, very popular)

Mag / Ember

Rhino / Loki

Nyx (A little out of order, would have been Trinity) / Nova (Again, out of order... Would have been Nyx here, Nova should come after Saryn)

Volt / Ash

Trinity (Done with the original 8!) / Saryn

Vauban / Nekros

Primes to be released in the predicted order:

Spoiler

Banshee / Valkyr

Oberon / Hydroid (Eesh, maybe a little work needed on these two, DE)

Zephyr / Mirage

Limbo / Chroma

Mesa / Equinox (honestly, I'm still unsure to put her here, even after DE says she's technically a female frame)

Atlas / Wukong

Ivara / Titania

Nezha / Inaros

(Also, the sudden appearance of Wukong and Nezha at the same time throws this off a little as we're now a little unbalanced as to male/female frames.)

But they're skipping Banshee, as OP stated, which is interesting, but 4 frames out of order from a total of 15 released isn't all that bad. If Banshee is the next Prime after Valkyr, then we'll can easily predict that within the next four or five frames that yet another will be out of order due to popularity.

There's also talk of changes to Hysteria again, to make it a more Berserker-esque ability than a 'you're invulnerable, clawed and yelling, but if you're too close to enemies when you want to stop, you can kill yourself'. IF there's a genuine change to the frame coming for her, then this would completely make sense to drop her Prime at the same point, so everybody wants to play her to see the changes anyway, and the hunt is then on for her relics too.

Because capitalism and popularity.  Due to it being near Christmas time, a good time for companies to make money, DE pulled the smart move and primed a popular frame (Valkyr in this case) as more people would buy Prime Access for Valkyr over the much less popular Banshee.

Though I agree Banshee should have been primed first.

I think it's going to be an icy winter so DE wanted to make sure some of us had plenty of salt I guess.... ?

Also, maybe they wanted to Christmas in Hawaii this year?

Here's hoping Banshee will be the next one after this then.

And if Banshee is having this much trouble my heart really goes out to those faithful few that play Zephyr!

The only people I've seen giving some love to Banshee are MR22 players who wish to mix up their playstyle, on the other hand Valkyr's used by plenty of more players so it. I mean even previously warframes haven't been primed in their chronological release order so you can expect this to be the case in the future also. 

It's certainly disappointing that Banshee didn't get primed first since her default skin is disgusting, but hey, I'll take any new primed warframe whenever I can.