Do you think Valkyr is funny to play with?

Cloud

Just mere curiosity, I would like to know what the community think about it

if Yes:

1) Why do you like her? 

2) Which parts of her gameplay mechanics do you most enjoy?

3) What use of her do you recommand to enjoy her the most?

4) Would you like some change with the release of her prime variant? Or is she good as now?

If No:

1) Why you don't like her?

2) Which parts of her gameplay mechanics are not enjoyable according to you?

3) What would you do to change her in a more appealing choice?

Yep.

1. ARMOR ALL DAY EVERY DAY. Also Eternal War is fun.

2. Pressing 2, pulling out melee, and starting a bloody rampage across the map. Melee speed is very fun, and her 4 can be used as alternative to Life Strike.

3. Build her around Warcry, and get her Augment for it. You will not be disappointed.

4. Maybe change how the abilities work, and the sound that accompanies them maybe?

I like face tanking with her on mid levels and going crazy with my melee.

I like going berserk with axes and hammers. Attack speed + armor + crit damage (arcane avengers) turns her into a blender. It's also fun Hooking scorpions and ancients.

I don't use hysteria that much, I always felt it was cancer and glad it got nerfed. I mainly use hysteria for the life steal and for revives. Would probably change casting speed of hysteria, been killed too often trying to cast it sorties when I am on a sliver of health left.

funny? yes. fun? also yes.

the only part i don't really like is Hysteria. because it's clunky and the Animations don't serve much purpose in Gameplay. statistically effective but a poor Melee Weapon.
Warcry costing 75E and lasting 15sec may not be the best Ratio, but it's not the end of the world.
there's some great things Valkyr does.

1) Stack that armor like mad with arcane - mods. 

2) Press 2, equip melee with life strike and enjoy Hysteria mode without using Hysteria.

3) Warcry - Augment all day.

4) She is perfect, at least for me, so far no problems. 

P.S. Definetely getting the primed variant, and if Venka prime got 20% crit chance at least, i am going to main that weapon on valkyr prime thats 100% sure. In other words can't wait to see the Venka stats since Valkyr Prime stats were already leaked. 

Edited by PrimeDCookieMonstah

Begin sortie, press 4, claim endo.

4 is mainly just spin2win tho, especially for bosses.  lv200 heavy enemies demand ground finishers, but anything lower will melt in the spin and make it best to just cleave through them all at once.  Adding other useful attacks for bosses could be nice.

Edited by Callback

17 minutes ago, Cloud said:

If No:

1) Why you don't like her?

2) Which parts of her gameplay mechanics are not enjoyable according to you?

3) What would you do to change her in a more appealing choice?

1) If I wanted to play as a tank, I'd play Chroma. If I wanted to go melee only, I'd rather play Atlas.

2) She feels too lackluster to me. There's nothing I can do with her that I can't do with another warframe in a similar fashion.

3) I don't know because I can't envision her ever being appealing to me.

I do like valkyr, because she is a really fun fun tank all frame, and also she lends herself very well to melee, inside and outside hysteria, but that said, with all the recent nullification enemy units popping up that melee usability has taken a decent blow, she's still fun, but less so when half her gimmick is kind of being invalidated. S

So I Suppose :

1. Yes

2. That she's a melee Bruiser, and also part spiderman 

3. Meleeeeee~

4. I wouldn't say this ties directly to changing valk, but it would be nice if something was done about more melee focused abilities versus nullifiers 

I enjoy Valkyr. She carried me in my early days when I was more of a scrub than I am now (still a scrub, though). She's my most used frame in all my 900-ish hours playing this game, so I may be a bit biased. 

1) I guess "tanking" is obvious. With thousands of armor, she's not exactly easy to kill. Even at sortie levels some enemies have trouble (though Gunners Corpus Techs, and Nullies still pose threats). It's just really fun and heavily spoiling to be able to negate a good portion of damage that would tear through other frames.

2) I enjoy melee, and the bonuses she has with it. Warcry is a straight DPS booster, and that's wonderful because melee is my favorite thing. Her passive, while a bit bland, is actually very useful. Especially combined with Handspring or Pain Threshold. Stuns and knockdowns don't mean anything at that point. 

3) Melee, obviously. 3 of her abilities are built to make her more deadly at close range than far. Hysteria is ridiculously powerful, and it's great. 

4) Changes? Yeah, I might have a few suggestions.

Ripline pulls enemies far past you much of the time, especially if you're in a game you aren't hosting. Physics does not like this ability. Same with Pull. It drags enemies into melee range, like it says, but then throws them 10 meters in the other direction. It's fun, but I'd prefer if the pulled enemy stopped at your feet for easy finishing. That's the description, and I feel it should do just that. Also wish that it propelled you further and faster when you used it on a wall. It's inefficient for traversing as-is, so might as well make it more fun. 

Paralyze is moderately useless unless you build specifically for it, as it has a short base range and short base duration. It has a massive bonus, but is hard to use much of the time, and the bonus damage isn't really worth using since you're likely using a weapon that can wipe enemies in short order anyways. Just a QoL change would be nice, like maybe 5 meters of extra base range so that a proper duration build doesn't ruin the ability entirely. Just my take on it, though. 

Hysteria, though I like it, is a bit cheesy tbh. Dunno how I'd change it, but it feels weird to have as much power as her claws have and also be entirely invulnerable. Not saying to nerf her (since that would get me burned at the stake because Hysteria was already taken down a bit), but I feel it contrasts with the rest of her kit being kind of enemy debuffs along with making her tougher, but not utterly indestructible. Wouldn't know how to change it in a balanced way that would please everyone. I guess the only change I'd be confident in asking for would be the removal of the stupid orange-y filter when you use the ability. I know you can get rid of that by turning color correction off in the menu, but the whole game suffers when you do that, and I don't really wanna switch it on and off every time I feel like using Valkyr. 

I want Valkyr back the way she was before this last nerf. It never made sense to me players whining "she's boring." That's when you change to another warframe. Hysteria in its previous form allowed me to experience higher level enemies, and boy do the infested get pretty scary after level 100. I was pretty new to Warframe at that time and needed a simple but super tanky warframe to help me solo stuff when my friends weren't online. That being said...

Yes, Valkyr is still fun

I love that she offers independence for solo players and she has a "voice."

She's excellent for taking out bosses that are susceptible to melee attacks,i.e. hyenas, Zanuka Hunter.

I wish but won't hold my breath that Hysteria gets reverted to its previous form because that aura is clunky and fugly.

1) The only frame that I was really drawn towards to.

2) Well, I like all her abilities. ( Would be nice if some abilities got some tweaks though )

3) Don't build only for hysteria, it could only bring you so far.

4) Sigh.... the design felt rushed honestly.

45 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Just mere curiosity, I would like to know what the community think about it

Like:

1) Good looks, good durability and mobility. I like meleeing stuff.

2) Ambushing the enemies from above and shredding them.

3) IDK, melee-focused tank.

4) I would like to be able to keep non-prime skin, bc prime one is ugly and I like Immortal one much more than Gersemi. Also I'd like to see some ability rework.

Dislike:

1) Lacks gameplay variety. The line between her being OP and terrible is too thin. After Rage-Armor synergy "rework", she is pretty ineffective against Corpus/Corrupted without Zenurik/Pads (cast Warcry, lose it due to touching nullie, repeat).

2) 2 of 4 abilities are super-clunky. CC build is ineffective, so you're forced to be either boring ult-spammer or melee all the stuff with Eternal War build.

3) Paralysis needs a major buff (being unable to affect enemies mid-animation is extremely infuriating, especially if you are wasted several slots for range mods + probably an augment), Rip line needs to go or to receive some extra functionality. Playing around two abilities one of which is toggle (which also limits your options) and another one is non-recastable buff doesn't sound as super fun.

1 hour ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I don't use hysteria that much, I always felt it was cancer and glad it got nerfed. 

I think your idea of nerfing and the actual meaning of nerfing are two completely different things.

If anything, the fact it's now a toggle and you don't have to worry about the damage aura which could be a massive pain when it was timed.

Add Hysterical Assault augment and Hysteria has been massively buffed, not nerfed. I get far more out of it now than I did before. Making it a toggle was the best thing they could have done.

25 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

I think your idea of nerfing and the actual meaning of nerfing are two completely different things.

If anything, the fact it's now a toggle and you don't have to worry about the damage aura which could be a massive pain when it was timed.

Add Hysterical Assault augment and Hysteria has been massively buffed, not nerfed. I get far more out of it now than I did before. Making it a toggle was the best thing they could have done.

It was in reference to the energy ramp over time which was added some time after the rework which was indeed a nerf. After they made that change I stopped seeing Hysteria Valkyrs join sorties and literally go AFK for the whole match, it was complete cancer.

I hate Valkyr with a passion. She delayed Banshee Prime first of all. She's also horribly designed (but her Prime looks pretty good). Valkyr is horrible because she needs so much energy even with energy efficiency. Also, her Augments are more than disappointing. Her abilities don't really synerize as well as I had hoped. If you cast Paralysis, what's the point of Warcry? Her passive also prevents her from using Heavy Impact. Her shields are also the worst part about her because she relies to heavily on Steel Fiber and Hysteria. To me, Hysteria limits her playstyle in a very drastic way and I hate her because of her heavy limits.