Snipetron Riven Mod? Where is the Snipetron?

PeterScarlet

I got a Snipetron Riven and after watching Devstream just now I see and understand the Rivens now, but this weapon? I have never seen it nor anyone use it, I cant make, no blueprints, no one has the Vandal version for trade.. I'm sure anyone who play back when this weapon was accessible would love the Riven mod I have but I want to use it. I thought the Lanka was the Snipetron because they look the same but after going on the wiki I see that the Snipetron is no longer in game.

I like the idea of the Rivens a lot! I would love a riven for say the Okina in the future, I love them but they don't do well with high level enemies. and other weapons I want to use but cant due to their stats.

But retired weapons? Is it coming back? is their any hope of me using this mod? Are we gonna get a Snipetron Wraith?

Snipetron Vandal did appear as Sortie rewards, since now they've been moved to Invasions, chances are you might get it from there someday. 
As for the regular Snipetron, that's up to DE.

Edited by Neah

On 11/18/2016 at 0:28 PM, DeltaPhantom said:

Honestly, the Snipetron should be given a new model and a new name, then reintroduced proper.

You've been here long enough to know that they did exactly that already.

On 11/18/2016 at 0:49 PM, xXDeadsinxX said:

^ This

1 hour ago, AerinSol said:

You've been here long enough to know that they did exactly that already.

No, they took the model, put it on a new weapon, and called it the Lanka. When I say 'new model and name', I mean rename the existing weapon currently known as the Snipetron, and then give it a visual overhaul. They already gave a visual overhaul to the Burston, so it's not out of the question to do that at the very least.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

5 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

No, they took the model, put it on a new weapon, and called it the Lanka. When I say 'new model and name', I mean rename the existing weapon currently known as the Snipetron, and then give it a visual overhaul. They already gave a visual overhaul to the Burston, so it's not out of the question to do that at the very least.

I think what he was talking about was DE putting the actual Snipetron as a one time alert(?) reward back into the game maybe like half a year ago.

Edited by no_stripes

On 11/19/2016 at 5:21 PM, Mastikator2 said:

It would be great if the riven mod was limited to weapons you had, and limited from sentinel weapons :/

Ehhh, but then there wouldn't be much incentive to make new weps.  But the second part I utterly agree with.

The reason for removing the snipetron has always been flimsy at best, as I recall it was because it didn't fit the Corpus theme due to it not being an energy weapon, yet by that logic the Braton should surely be removed from the game as well as it is clearly of Corpus manufacture. All they have to do is give it a different model and say it was an earlier model Corpus sniper that was made obsolete/outdated by the Lanka, which is true.

On November 18, 2016 at 3:20 PM, PeterScarlet said:

I got a Snipetron Riven and after watching Devstream just now I see and understand the Rivens now, but this weapon? I have never seen it nor anyone use it, I cant make, no blueprints, no one has the Vandal version for trade.. I'm sure anyone who play back when this weapon was accessible would love the Riven mod I have but I want to use it. I thought the Lanka was the Snipetron because they look the same but after going on the wiki I see that the Snipetron is no longer in game.

I like the idea of the Rivens a lot! I would love a riven for say the Okina in the future, I love them but they don't do well with high level enemies. and other weapons I want to use but cant due to their stats.

But retired weapons? Is it coming back? is their any hope of me using this mod? Are we gonna get a Snipetron Wraith?

Flip it for the Riven you want or straight Plat, homey.

I'd take that riven mod off you ;)

The Nightwatch Alert actually brought back the snipertron for a limited time.

1 hour ago, Azryte said:

The reason for removing the snipetron has always been flimsy at best, as I recall it was because it didn't fit the Corpus theme due to it not being an energy weapon, yet by that logic the Braton should surely be removed from the game as well as it is clearly of Corpus manufacture. All they have to do is give it a different model and say it was an earlier model Corpus sniper that was made obsolete/outdated by the Lanka, which is true.

Braton might have manufactured some, the braton was of orokin design, hence the prime.