Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Big problem with Trade Tax.

Mursukorva

Hey everyone! This is pointed at DE for fixing/tweaking, but feedback from the players is always appreciated. 

I have been an on/off player of Warframe for three years now, and I have seen and lived through all kinds of different changes to the game. With my experience I have learned a lot about how everything works, and have amassed a great amount of tradables. Recently, I have taken a more active role in trading and have noticed a glaring issue with the trade tax system. This issue didn't really affect me as much as an occasional trader, but now it has a huge negative impact on the experience. 

The problem is not with the trade tax of normal items, but more with the platinum paid for them. The current trade tax for platinum is 500 credits / 1 platinum, which is pretty insane. Some trades reach prices of 3000+ platinum, so the tax is accordingly 1,500,000 credits. Farming that takes way too much time (many hours) (even with boosters) compared to the trade, which you will complete in less than a minute. It is just a huge negative on trading. I am not asking that DE should remove the tax, but make it lower on platinum.

I am aware that this isn't such a big issue on small trades, but even when you go over 300 platinum, the tax really starts to hurt. And it hurts even more when you trade for 5k+ platinum a day. 98% of time spent on active trading is just farming credits at this moment. I feel like I can't even play the game normally if I want to trade at the same time. I know this probably won't affect the people with hundreds of millions of credits at the moment and people that trade lesser amounts might not understand where I am coming from, but I know this is a massive issue for a lot of the Warframe trading community.

(-Another issue is the high tax of primed mods, which aren't unique enough anymore to justify a 1 million credit cost-)

I would love to hear your opinions on this.

Much Love:

-Mursukorva <3

Edited by Mursukorva

Can't say I see the issue. Obviously this topic is probably recent due to people wanting to sell Riven mods in the 3k range, but you still have a long way to go if you still aren't in the millions of credits. If you're expecting to trade in thousands of platinum per day, you better get to farming some credits or selling duplicates.

4 minutes ago, FAZZWARFRAME said:

If I recall correctly, there is a high roller bundle item in the market where you can spend platinum to buy credits.  You should be able to afford that if your plat bankroll is in the thousands per day :)

Yeah right lol, farm credits to trade platinum to get less credits :D

1 minute ago, direcyphre said:

Can't say I see the issue. Obviously this topic is probably recent due to people wanting to sell Riven mods in the 3k range, but you still have a long way to go if you still aren't in the millions of credits. If you're expecting to trade in thousands of platinum per day, you better get to farming some credits or selling duplicates.

I am in the thousands. That is why I am tired of this at the moment. I have been in the high ranges long before rivens came out so this ain't a new issue, but now it just has escalated.

I noticed this issue as well since voids/keys got changed to relics the amount of credits you can get per mission has been lowered quite a bit. A tower capture run taking a couple of minutes would net you 20-30k and in an hour you could easily make 300k or more. Sorties reward about 100k per day, and nightmare missions reward about 15keach. 

if you want to do a lot of Trading, with Platinum (the premium Currency in this game...) then you have to pay the Trading prices.

there isn't any problem with this.
to do a lot of Trading, you'll have to play a lot of the game. expecting otherwise is... probably asinine.

there's ripe options for earning Credits, including some new ones. use the Tools at your disposal.

Edited by taiiat

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

if you want to do a lot of Trading, with Platinum (the premium Currency in this game...) then you have to pay the Trading prices.

there isn't any problem with this.
to do a lot of Trading, you'll have to play a lot of the game. expecting otherwise is... probably asinine.

there's ripe options for earning Credits, including some new ones. use the Tools at your disposal.

Hey taiiat, thanks for the reply. I can make about 800k/hr if I am really pushing it with a full premade party and boosters. That's about the cap. It still means that I have to farm an hour or two for one trade that takes 2 minutes to complete. If you have any good credit farming tips, please let me know!

I completely agree that the plat trade tax is ridiculous, especially since hardly anyone wants to trade for anything but plat. Maybe as a solution for things like primed mods though we could be able to use more of our daily trades in one trade to reduce the tax; Like using 2 trades it costs 500,000 credits, and using 4 trades it costs 250,000 credits, and 8 trades, which probably the majority of players planning to buy primed mods should be able to achieve, could cost 125,000 credits. So you could use most of your trades on a day when you don't have time for a full trading session in order to get a large credit discount on one trade.

15 minutes ago, GSGregory said:

What is the highest possible reward per mission atm outside of sorties?

I can do 100k+ with boosters with a premade team on Sechura. One guy uses Secura Lecta to kill everything, while a desecrate nekros and speed nova hang out afking near the cryopod.

2 minutes ago, s0tenikk said:

I completely agree that the plat trade tax is ridiculous, especially since hardly anyone wants to trade for anything but plat. Maybe as a solution for things like primed mods though we could be able to use more of our daily trades in one trade to reduce the tax; Like using 2 trades it costs 500,000 credits, and using 4 trades it costs 250,000 credits, and 8 trades, which probably the majority of players planning to buy primed mods should be able to achieve, could cost 125,000 credits. So you could use most of your trades on a day when you don't have time for a full trading session in order to get a large credit discount on one trade.

Could be a possible solution, but it really hurts you if you are an active trader with a low mastery rank, let's say 8 trades per day. It would work perfectly if you were just buying one primed mod here and there though.

Just now, Mursukorva said:

I can do 100k+ with boosters with a premade team on Sechura. One guy uses Secura Lecta to kill everything, while a desecrate nekros and speed nova hang out afking near the cryopod.

I was wondering more about the mission reward(guaranteed) not the -enemy drop which is heavily dependent on team composition. 

37 minutes ago, Mursukorva said:

Could be a possible solution, but it really hurts you if you are an active trader with a low mastery rank, let's say 8 trades per day. It would work perfectly if you were just buying one primed mod here and there though.

You appear to have missed that my post implied exactly that. It was intended as a sort of semi solution to alleviate the credit costs if you wanted to buy a primed mod on a day you had obligations other than farmframe and tradeframe to attend to, as well as making use of the otherwise wasted trades. It was also my impression that DE gave primed mods such a large tradetax in order to prevent them from being handed off rapidly as large bargaining chips, which makes sense considering previous inflation in the plat prices of some of the more desirable primed mods.

P.S. I wonder if riven mods would have been dealt with better if they had a similar trade tax, say 500,000. Of course then the same people, who have massive reserves of credits and can't see the problems newer players have with trading, would still be the only ones able to trade for them.