Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maiming Strike Mod - Feedback

PsychoTech.ARMS

The fact that there's a mod that can help just about any melee weapon become way better is fantastic. However, making it to only slide attacks makes it not fun at all.

I don't think they should get rid of this mod or change it.

I was thinking of having something similar for Melee Combos. Maybe not up to 90%. but I would much rather be doing melee combos than having to slide attack every time I want to use the weapon to its fullest potential. Plus it completely takes away the reason to even use combos if your strongest attack is going to be a slide attack.

If your Strongest attacks possible rely on this mod. than there is no point in Stance mods (aside from getting the extra room for mod slots) and melee combo attacks.

I doubt there will be changes to this mod. Again, I would just like to have something similar for melee combos because this mod just make combos not worth it if you want to use weapons that would have to rely on Maiming Strike to be viable at high levels.

Edited by PsychoTechARMS

;not where I'm getting at. seeing that Maiming Strike is used with Bloodrush. You can't use 2 blood rushes at the same time now can you?

I'm talking about something alternative than just having to use only slide attacks to do the best amount of dmg possible. that's just lame.

Plus Blood Rush works on Combo Counter and the Counter works with every single attack...not just melee combos.

Edited by PsychoTechARMS

... not what I'm saying. How can it be more of a Powercreep to have something for Melee combo moves that would equal to the same as just simply using Maiming strike and do nothing but slide attack? As if Maiming Strike can't make every weapon red crit in the first place.

Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. By Combos. I mean the actual combination Moves. The combinations of buttons to make a specific move. Not the basic 'EEEEEE', the slide, wall, Charge attacks.

Ex: Mios's Stance (Defiled Snapdragon)

Heart of the Naga - E, E, PAUSE , E, E, E

Fangs of the Lindwurm - E, E, Down+E, E, E

Soul of the Laviathan - E, E, RMB+E, E, E

Just have something similar for these moves -- NOT BASIC ONES.

I would like to have something that would make these moves just as viable than just simply equip Maiming strike and do nothing other than slide attack.

I don't see how wanting something other than Slide attacks being the Best possible melee attack you can do in the game "beging for powercreep on everything"

Edited by PsychoTechARMS

giving everything in Melee Flat value Crit Bonuses is not a good idea.
having a Mod that does so to allow non Crit Weapons to still take advantage of Berserker is... convenient. since we have one already, we don't need another.

27 minutes ago, PsychoTechARMS said:

t having to use only slide attacks to do the best amount of dmg possible.

that's not actually the most Damage you can possibly hit with. only holds true if you're comparing a 'guaranteed' Crit Slide Attack versus just performing a basic Melee Attack.

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:
4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

having a Mod that does so to allow non Crit Weapons to still take advantage of Berserker is... convenient. since we have one already, we don't need another.

that's not actually the most Damage you can possibly hit with. only holds true if you're comparing a 'guaranteed' Crit Slide Attack versus just performing a basic Melee Attack.

I never once stated they should give everything in Melee Flat value crit bonuses. please do not warp my words around. I said melee combinations. Not Basic moves.

IF it's not actually the most damage you can do.. then how else can you get a Lecta to Red Crit? if you think there is other stronger attacks than this.. I would love to hear them.

Edited by PsychoTechARMS

16 minutes ago, taiiat said:

read up on your Melee Stances. strikes have various Forced Status, Multi-hit and Damage Bonuses.

none of them compare to Builds with Maiming Strike. Don't tell me that a weapon like the lecta can do higher damage without Maiming Strike compared to one that does. Name one Lecta build doing a Burning Wasp special move that can out damage, or even come close to, a build using Maiming strike and just simply Slide attack.

Edited by PsychoTechARMS

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

this just in, Lecta is the only Melee Weapon in the game, and any discussion about Melee therefore revolves around Lecta and just Lecta, and Whip Stances.

This just in, apparently using a single weapon as an example is considering it to be the only weapon in the game and therefor must be considered as such when making an example.

You can continue Straw man all you wish. However, that is all it is.. a fallacy.

4 minutes ago, PsychoTechARMS said:

However, that is all it is.. a fallacy.

you can solve your problem yourself, by knowing what the Animation Strings for Melee Weapons do.

since you claim that using Maiming Strike with Spin Attacks exclusively is the highest Damage on every Melee Weapon in the game, clearly you don't know what Animation Strings do (and also don't know the stats of.... most of the Melee Weapons that exist, nor understand how Game Mechanics interface with them).

your only provided example of a problem is a Melee Archetype that has questionably useful in Combat Animations, and plinking at Enemies long enough to build Blood Rush up so that you have even a remotely relevant Chance to Red Crit with your Lecta. while for that thirty minutes you spent getting a decent Chance to Red Crit, someone else was steamrolling through Enemies with their Melee Weapon.

your examples of the 'problem' are limited in application, and you haven't even mentioned the Melee Weapons that actually are examples of the problem you're talking about.

Maiming Strike is a style mod. It's actually pretty decent design.

It allow the player to use viable melee every once in a while without swapping weapons or building a combo counter.

Somehow I feel like it's what Energy Channel was supposed to be but never was.

@taiiat

then why haven't you provided an example that I've asked for you to prove me wrong? name one build that can do higher damage than a Maiming Strike build? on any melee weapon of your choice. You are doing nothing but making accusations and trying to put words in my mouth to make yourself seem superior.

I'm only trying to say is that Maiming strike rewards more by doing a simple basic attack (slide/spin attack) than it is to do an actual Combo Move with any other build of the same weapon.

You can be as condescending as you like. You can continue you make slights and accusations. Try to twist my words around.. I'm still waiting for you to just simply prove me wrong.

Edited by PsychoTechARMS

14 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Maiming Strike is a style mod. It's actually pretty decent design.

It allow the player to use viable melee every once in a while without swapping weapons or building a combo counter.

Somehow I feel like it's what Energy Channel was supposed to be but never was.

I get what your saying. The only real problem I have with it is its effectiveness renders other builds and playstyles somewhat obsolete. Or rather what I'm trying to say is that it is the only way to render Low tier weak weapons viable.

Edited by PsychoTechARMS

5 minutes ago, PsychoTechARMS said:

I get what your saying. The only real problem I have with it is its effectiveness renders other builds and playstyles somewhat obsolete.

What? Maiming Strike is just about never stronger than normal melee.

You can put them together and get some mean stance melee slides but most the time Primed Reach is a better pick.

12 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

What? Maiming Strike is just about never stronger than normal melee.

You can put them together and get some mean stance melee slides but most the time Primed Reach is a better pick.

I'm referring more to weaker weapons that have to rely on Maiming Strike to even be up to par with higher tier weapons. However, I actually do feel it makes those high crit/status weapons even more powerful than other builds. My only reason for even making this thread was just simply say that it is a good mod, but making it only exclusive to Slide attacking only makes weaker weapons good if you only slide attack 100% of the time. It would be nice to be able to do combo moves on those weaker weapons and have them be able to keep the same amount of viability they would have when using Maiming Strike.

Edited by PsychoTechARMS

1 hour ago, PsychoTechARMS said:

I'm still waiting for you to just simply prove me wrong.

i'm not going to post the entirety of Melee Stances from the Wiki for you because you're too lazy to learn how the game works.

it's going to be up to you to read the plenty of easy to ready, neatly formatted Wiki Articles explaining how the Animation Strings on every Melee Stance in the game work.
you'll learn a lot.

the Melee Weapons that get the 'defeats every other possibility' from Maiming Strike, are those that have high Crit Multipliers but low Crit Chance, high Crit Multipliers and high Range but poor Animation Strings...
this does not make for a particularly long list of Melee Weapons.