Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Minor TWW Spoilers] Corpus Cinematic Quest Script - The Quorum

StallordD

It looks pretty good, I have two major criticisms however.

1) The Light/Dark choices aren't meant to be about morality AFAIK but rather action/inaction, where the Tenno chooses how much they want to impact things and how they feel about their Void nature.

2) I'm not sure if Tau should be the Sentient 'homeworld', as if it's in fact Tau Ceti then it's only around 12 lightyears away from the Origin System/Sol, which makes it seem really small and strange as to why the battle went on for so long, and why Sentients couldn't use Sublight speeds to send a fully functioning invasion force over over the span of a few/several decades.

Aside from those and a few minor things that can be tweaked I think it's good, the Corpus really do deserve some love and a cinematic quest for them would be perfect.:)

A very good pitch, and certainly in keeping with the screwy spirit of Warframe quests that ask more questions than they answer. That said, I do wonder what version of canon you're running with here. I mean, you wouldn't be writing something this ambitious if you didn't have at least some clue for its continuation. So

1. The Chairman. An Orokin survivor, it seems like to me. Not "descended from" Orokin blood, like, I suppose, you assume the other Board members are, and Darvo and Alad V, but rather an original Orokin, like the Elder Queen, but perhaps in better condition. I like the idea of the Board needing people of Orokin blood to open the rail, and the idea of repairing the terminus as well. Though Steve recently suggested that a new Star system could still be on the table, so permanently destroying the Terminus might compromise that.

2. The Void. I don't know about making it a sentient entity, tbh. The Outsider from Dishonored works well in that setting, but in this one I'm not so sure.

3. The Sentients. I am curious why they think they are so desperate, and hungry and dying. Is it just because they are coming through the Rail, or is something happening in Tau that is damaging and hurting them? Regardless, new types of Sentients and new ways to fight them are always good.

4. The Big Crewman. I love this idea, as long as it doesn't go further. As long as he's just a Really Strong dude who can go toe-to-toe with a Warframe and kick its &#!, I'm in love. The King Mook is a favourite of mine.

5. The Corpus City: YES. God, I am so tired of seeing half-deserted Grineer military outposts and Corpus labs. This is the stupidly distant future, there HAS to be cities, vast settlements with infrastructure and civilization. Part of me thinks the Corpus Obelisks serve this purpose, but nothing we have seen in-game supports this. So, would this Corpus City be a new tileset for Uranus? Is it a kind of Jupiter Gas City, but much larger in scope and more civilian-oriented instead of a gas refinery?

Also, what would you imagine the plot would do after this quest? What changes to gameplay do you envision? What would the *next* quest touch upon?

EDIT: Also please let's not pretend like Darvo's mom is dead. Mother-in-the-fridge is a boring old trope and I think we can all agree that we want to see Mistress Asimina made canon.

Edited by LordPreda

8 hours ago, (PS4)Terpesr367 said:

It looks pretty good, I have two major criticisms however.

1) The Light/Dark choices aren't meant to be about morality AFAIK but rather action/inaction, where the Tenno chooses how much they want to impact things and how they feel about their Void nature.

2) I'm not sure if Tau should be the Sentient 'homeworld', as if it's in fact Tau Ceti then it's only around 12 lightyears away from the Origin System/Sol, which makes it seem really small and strange as to why the battle went on for so long, and why Sentients couldn't use Sublight speeds to send a fully functioning invasion force over over the span of a few/several decades.

Aside from those and a few minor things that can be tweaked I think it's good, the Corpus really do deserve some love and a cinematic quest for them would be perfect.:)

1. I really don't think that's the case. Think to the last 2 sets of choices. Letting Teshin kill the Queen is dark, and letting her go is light. Yet killing her YOURSELF is medium. Yet for the last set, drinking the Kuva is dark, but destroying it is light. While the first light choice is "inaction," the second one is very much a decisive action, albeit in the other direction. Judging from the other choices, the morality scale seems to be more based on the Tenno's willingness to use violence and abuse power to achieve their goals. Not necessarily action or inaction, but how they approach a situation. Admittedly, that IS different from how I presented it here by a fair amount, but with only 4 questions to base things on, taking it in slightly different directions isn't out of the question.

2. All information we have currently places the Sentients on Tau. The reason they didn't send forces en masse is because the trip would expose them to void energies and leave them infertile. HOW the trip would have done that isn't certain, and could very well just happen naturally over the course of prolonged exposure to space. Alternatively, they might HAVE sent a full scale invasion force, led by Hunhow, but sent over a long period of time. There are multiple other possibilities too, such as them simply not wanting to sacrifice their fertility on a massive scale and only sending Hunhow and his brood. We still aren't sure of their motivations or their actions during the war. Just that they most likely came from Tau, were willing to make themselves barren to return, and that the war went on for a LONG time.

8 minutes ago, LordPreda said:

A very good pitch, and certainly in keeping with the screwy spirit of Warframe quests that ask more questions than they answer. That said, I do wonder what version of canon you're running with here. I mean, you wouldn't be writing something this ambitious if you didn't have at least some clue for its continuation. So

1. The Chairman. An Orokin survivor, it seems like to me. Not "descended from" Orokin blood, like, I suppose, you assume the other Board members are, and Darvo and Alad V, but rather an original Orokin, like the Elder Queen, but perhaps in better condition. I like the idea of the Board needing people of Orokin blood to open the rail, and the idea of repairing the terminus as well. Though Steve recently suggested that a new Star system could still be on the table, so permanently destroying the Terminus might compromise that.

2. The Void. I don't know about making it a sentient entity, tbh. The Outsider from Dishonored works well in that setting, but in this one I'm not so sure.

3. The Sentients. I am curious why they think they are so desperate, and hungry and dying. Is it just because they are coming through the Rail, or is something happening in Tau that is damaging and hurting them? Regardless, new types of Sentients and new ways to fight them are always good.

4. The Big Crewman. I love this idea, as long as it doesn't go further. As long as he's just a Really Strong dude who can go toe-to-toe with a Warframe and kick its &#!, I'm in love. The King Mook is a favourite of mine.

5. The Corpus City: YES. God, I am so tired of seeing half-deserted Grineer military outposts and Corpus labs. This is the stupidly distant future, there HAS to be cities, vast settlements with infrastructure and civilization. Part of me thinks the Corpus Obelisks serve this purpose, but nothing we have seen in-game supports this. So, would this Corpus City be a new tileset for Uranus? Is it a kind of Jupiter Gas City, but much larger in scope and more civilian-oriented instead of a gas refinery?

Also, what would you imagine the plot would do after this quest? What changes to gameplay do you envision? What would the *next* quest touch upon?

EDIT: Also please let's not pretend like Darvo's mom is dead. Mother-in-the-fridge is a boring old trope and I think we can all agree that we want to see Mistress Asimina made canon.

1. The dialogue was kind of ambiguous on purpose, but the destruction of the rail was inconsequential to the Chairman's plans to expose Tau. The final rail being poofed would just be a way to tease its final reveal when other things would lead to the path re-opening.

2. I'll be honest, I don't like the idea either. But from my current interpretation of the lore, it seems to be the direction that DE is taking it. What with the whole 'something is out there...watching us' deal and all that. Again, it could go a lot of places, but I just wrote with what I think DE is doing.

3. Again, just another of my own takes on the lore. We don't know WHY the Sentients returned in the first place, but I would think that whatever caused them to do so and leave themselves barren would still be a present threat/priority, be it revenge, hunger, fear, etc.

4. Yeah, I agree. I literally want that to be the one and only time he is ever seen. No more dialogue, no more tie-ins, nothing. Just a simple, non-flanderized nod towards a fan joke that isn't taken to absurdities like Clem, but also doesn't kill it off completely. The only other potential thing I would want to see would be an extremely rare spawn on Corpus allied invasions as a special unit, but again, no more dialogue or implementation beyond that.

5. I'm not sure where it would go star-chart wise.The way I wrote it in presents it as in-accessible normally, so it wouldn't be able to come in before TWW. Re-writing could fix that and it could go anywhere, but it could also be implemented as an additional 'sector' although I would personally be strongly opposed to that. As for its looks, it would look like a cross between Europa and Jupiter. Urban platforms in massive interconnected platforms with massive support struts looking more like snow-fields due to Orokin terraforming rendering the atmosphere almost always snowing. Planters and such would add some much needed color and variety to the set and give it a more 'city-like' feeling, and I feel they could be implemented without breaking Corpus design rules.

6. I like Asimina too, but I didn't want to just write in fan-concepts willy-nilly, especially one crafted by someone else. John is a well recognized meme at this point, so I felt it was appropriate to an extent. Asimina, however, would have been using someone else's idea in ways they might not envision, and I didn't feel it was tasteful. Now as for the mom-in-fridge trope, I admit it's tired, but I wanted Darvo and Frohd to be the last living members of their family due to my own BS fan ideas on their backstory and how Frohd's voice became so borked. Easy re-write, to be sure, but didn't feel it was necessary and would add more to the ever-growing list of characters DE hasn't explored.

7. And lastly, this whole quest intentionally just sets up a bunch of avenues for DE to take. It would most likely flow into a full return of Hunhow and more Sentients, but didn't leave any major strings to be tied up in a timely manner. Everything can just 'wait' until DE is ready for the next step, whatever that may be.

12 hours ago, StallordD said:

1. I really don't think that's the case. Think to the last 2 sets of choices. Letting Teshin kill the Queen is dark, and letting her go is light. Yet killing her YOURSELF is medium. Yet for the last set, drinking the Kuva is dark, but destroying it is light. While the first light choice is "inaction," the second one is very much a decisive action, albeit in the other direction. Judging from the other choices, the morality scale seems to be more based on the Tenno's willingness to use violence and abuse power to achieve their goals. Not necessarily action or inaction, but how they approach a situation. Admittedly, that IS different from how I presented it here by a fair amount, but with only 4 questions to base things on, taking it in slightly different directions isn't out of the question.

2. All information we have currently places the Sentients on Tau. The reason they didn't send forces en masse is because the trip would expose them to void energies and leave them infertile. HOW the trip would have done that isn't certain, and could very well just happen naturally over the course of prolonged exposure to space. Alternatively, they might HAVE sent a full scale invasion force, led by Hunhow, but sent over a long period of time. There are multiple other possibilities too, such as them simply not wanting to sacrifice their fertility on a massive scale and only sending Hunhow and his brood. We still aren't sure of their motivations or their actions during the war. Just that they most likely came from Tau, were willing to make themselves barren to return, and that the war went on for a LONG time.

1) True, however from what I could tell from the choices, none of them were really evil or dark to that kind of degree, more like how far you are willing to go to do what you deem is necessary and so on, I could very well be wrong though. There's also the issue of the Lotus, the Syndicates and even other Tenno abandoning you if you go full evil/dark due to losing your Tenno way.

2) But we do know how they would be exposed, by using the Solar Rails, since all standard FTL uses the Void (not sure about Corpus Wormholes and Grineer teleports) and the Solar Rails are part of the standard FTL method, using them would have normally been a death sentence for the Sentients. And as shown with Lua, before TSD they had no way of getting to it before the Stalker came along, now they can easily get there by their own power and actually stay there despite exposure to space. Also I don't think there's been anything to suggest that Void energy is constantly seeping into real space, the Archimedian in the Detron Crewman synthesis even goes so far as to make that claim near impossible, as in order for the Sentients to get to Tau, they had to slowboat it through real space, which the Archimedian says their adaption and replication would make it possible, and the thing that traps them is the fact that they can't use the Solar Rails to get back. So really the only possible explanations (that I can think of) for them not invading the Origin System from Tau is if either they're heavily distracted with something and can't spare forces, or the Tau in question is a lot further away than Tau Ceti.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Terpesr367 said:

1) True, however from what I could tell from the choices, none of them were really evil or dark to that kind of degree, more like how far you are willing to go to do what you deem is necessary and so on, I could very well be wrong though. There's also the issue of the Lotus, the Syndicates and even other Tenno abandoning you if you go full evil/dark due to losing your Tenno way.

2) But we do know how they would be exposed, by using the Solar Rails, since all standard FTL uses the Void (not sure about Corpus Wormholes and Grineer teleports) and the Solar Rails are part of the standard FTL method, using them would have normally been a death sentence for the Sentients. And as shown with Lua, before TSD they had no way of getting to it before the Stalker came along, now they can easily get there by their own power and actually stay there despite exposure to space. Also I don't think there's been anything to suggest that Void energy is constantly seeping into real space, the Archimedian in the Detron Crewman synthesis even goes so far as to make that claim near impossible, as in order for the Sentients to get to Tau, they had to slowboat it through real space, which the Archimedian says their adaption and replication would make it possible, and the thing that traps them is the fact that they can't use the Solar Rails to get back. So really the only possible explanations (that I can think of) for them not invading the Origin System from Tau is if either they're heavily distracted with something and can't spare forces, or the Tau in question is a lot further away than Tau Ceti.

The Sentients adapted to Void exposure, it now only sterilizes them rather than killing them. They couldn't go to Lua before TSD because it was in the Void. Now it's not. Pretty simple. Yes, they could have come the slow way back from Tau through regular space, so we must assume the distance would have made a return trip take unfeasably long. Or alternatively, they've been on their way back this whole time, and pretty soon they'll arrive.

Tau can't be Tau Ceti, Ceti is yellow, not blue.

47 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

The Sentients adapted to Void exposure, it now only sterilizes them rather than killing them. They couldn't go to Lua before TSD because it was in the Void. Now it's not. Pretty simple.

I know that.

48 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

Yes, they could have come the slow way back from Tau through regular space, so we must assume the distance would have made a return trip take unfeasably long. Or alternatively, they've been on their way back this whole time, and pretty soon they'll arrive.

I do hope that is the case honestly.

47 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

Tau can't be Tau Ceti, Ceti is yellow, not blue.

Ok then, thanks for that, makes things a lot more reasonable.